Thread: Plowing my street

Angry Plowing my street

Why can't the town plow every street in Cheektowaga even if it is a dead end street they need to plow it right !

I've been fighting this with my Landlords but nothing gets done why! I'll tell you why, not only the problem with Eire County is just Eire Count,y it also is in Cheektowaga NY.

I want my street plowed every time it snows !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of using my snow blower, blowing my street.

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

stevenco

Angry

keep yellin' -only ten away from the elusive Avatar

AHHHH HA HA HA HA HA....

Dude, seriously. Try living in the city and THEN talk to me about your street getting plowed........
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Plow

Did you bother to call the town about this?
    Or did you just complain about it here?

The town, while grossly overpaid, notoriously does excellent work with plowing, garbage pickup, etc. Normally, all you need to do is call the highway department, and they'll make sure it's taken care of.

Re: Plow

Originally posted by ReformWNY
    Did you bother to call the town about this?
    Or did you just complain about it here?

The town, while grossly overpaid, notoriously does excellent work with plowing, garbage pickup, etc. Normally, all you need to do is call the highway department, and they'll make sure it's taken care of.

Been called more then once by me and my landlords and yet the town wont touch this street. I think its time to call 2 on your side about this issue.

Yesterday, I fired off an email and nothing. Call again and nothing but ok sure replies, nothing, nothing, and more nothing.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Hi

What street do you live on?
    What did the highway dept say when you called?

Try living in the city and THEN talk to me about your street getting plowed........

You know!

Re: Hi

Originally posted by ReformWNY
    What street do you live on?
    What did the highway dept say when you called?

I called again this morning and someone came by and I was there with a coffee in hand for the guy. He told me that the large plow trucks do not do any of the dead end streets in Cheektowaga that are close to a main drag street like mine is. He said, the supper had gotten into trouble and was demoted and now is vacationing in Florida. If he comes back as a Supper again he would resume plowing the dead end streets again.

Sounds like I could do a better job lol sounds like there is no real Suppervison at the Highway Dept. if they use pick-up trucks to plow dead end streets. Sounds like, Peter is looking for Paul but Paul is on Vacation. There always is something to add to this area isn't there.

PS. for GP I moved out of the City years ago because it gotten too dangerous there lol.
    Riven37
    _________

ok

i'll check into this for ya
    -A concerned cheektowagian

NOT that I'm trying to argue with you, but my neighborhood is quite safe, in the city. I leave the doors unlocked, keys in the ignition often, and never had a problem.
    N. Buffalo, Hertel/ Parkside area
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Here's a place you might like to try to make a contact.

Supervisor's Hotline

Now if you would just be so kind as to tell me a more specific address of where I will find the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition...
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

There are many towns that have ABANDONED!!!! the maintaince rights to town owned roads, but still have ownership of those roads. It is up to the people who live on those roads to pay for the plowing of these kinds of roads. They don't complain or whine that the town does not plow the road because they know that the responsibility of maintaining the road is up to them. This also includes filling in potholes in the Summer. They pay for the blacktop out of their own pocket.

farmall806

Thumbs up Solved

Here's my update, the town has complied and my street is being plowed everytime it snows. I told them simply I am a heart paient and if they don't get it done we're heading into Court. Bang, done, plowed every day hensforuth.

This thread can now die peacfully...thank you !
    Riven37
    _________

Thread Information