Thread: Sedita endorsed by primary opponent Case in Erie County District Attorney race.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Sedita endorsed by primary opponent Case in Erie County District Attorney race.

Cell: (716) 860-0491
    Email: michael.charlebois@gmail.com

Sedita endorsed by primary opponent Case in Erie County District Attorney race.
    (Buffalo, NY) – This afternoon, Frank A. Sedita, III received the endorsement of Ken Case in his campaign for Erie County District Attorney. Sedita, the Democratic nominee for District Attorney, won the September 9th Democratic Primary election. Case’s endorsement signals the end of his campaign for District Attorney, and increases the momentum for Frank Sedita as the General Election nears.
    Case pointed to Frank Sedita’s qualifications and record as a career prosecutor while endorsing him as the best candidate for the Office of District Attorney. He acknowledged that that he and Sedita have always been in agreement with changes necessary in the DA’s Office, and that Sedita will pursue them in the same forthright and effective manner that he has conducted his career. Case also praised Sedita for running a strong and positive primary election campaign.
    “I wish to thank all of my volunteers who gave so much of their time and energy to my campaign and I thank those members of our law enforcement agencies who showed their faith in me. Thank you also to the Working Families Party and the hard-working men and women of organized labor.
    I got into this race for all of the right reasons. I wanted to make our District Attorneys office the best office in the State of New York. I wanted to build a DA’s office which would work closely with the brave men and women of our law enforcement agencies. I believed that doing so would make our community safer.
    I do not want to be selfish now and act as a spoiler to Frank’s candidacy, and I have decided it is in the best interest of law enforcement and our community for me to unite with the man who shares my vision of what the Erie County DA’s office can and should be.
    For those reasons, I am now announcing my support for Frank Sedita in his effort to become our next District Attorney.
    I have known Frank for many years and we worked closely together in the Homicide Bureau. I know him to be a tremendous prosecutor and a man of his word. I know we share the same vision of the office and that our concerns about the needs of our law enforcement community are nearly identical. I know he will listen to the concerns and address the needs of the hard-working men and women of Erie County.

I am proud to support Frank in his candidacy and I and encourage all of my friends and supporters to do the same.”
    Sedita was honored to receive the endorsement of Ken Case and is eager to move forward in his campaign with Case’s support. He congratulated Mr. Case on a hard-fought primary campaign, and praised Ken's experience as a prosecutor and friend of law enforcement in accepting his endorsement.
    “I thank and applaud Ken for his graciousness. I know that he entered this race because he wanted to make the DA’s Office better, by making it more responsive to the needs of law-enforcement and our community. Ken knows the challenges facing the next DA and what it takes to be a great DA. Through our many years of working together, and then again during the recent primary campaign, we learned that we share the same goals and commitment. I am humbled by all of the endorsements I have received, but I am especially gratified to receive Ken’s this afternoon. I cannot express how proud and grateful I am to stand here with Ken this afternoon.”
    Joining Sedita and Case was Erie County Democratic Chairman Len Lenihan. “In September’s Democratic Primary election, the voters of Erie County overwhelmingly chose Frank Sedita as the Democratic nominee for District Attorney,” said Lenihan. “With the help of Ken Case’s support and endorsement and the support of a unified Democratic Party, I am confident that Frank Sedita will be elected as Erie County’s next District Attorney.”
    Frank Sedita is the nominee of the Democratic, Conservative, and Independence parties for Erie County District Attorney. With over 20 years experience as a prosecutor in the District Attorney’s office, Sedita currently is on leave from his position as the Chief of the Homicide Bureau. Mr. Sedita is running to replace the retiring Frank Clark as the next Erie County District Attorney.
    ###

Unregistered

backroom deal made for Ken Case?

The media has been mostly silent about this dramatic switch by Case. Was there a "backroom deal"?

I have been especially disappointed to see little discussion of the major problem in the Frank Clark regime . . dominance of "politics" over "justice".

Added to the long list of examples of political intrusion into the DA's office is the very slow progress investigating the Paul Clark election "racism" debacle last year . . . plus the very likely resistance by DA Frank Clark to address the current shameful Pigeon-Golisan-Brown-Casey-Hoyt debacle.

Now that Lavallee is a long shot to win, will she at least force public discussion of a very serious "political corruption" problem that Sedita would be expected to ignore?

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/448598.html

POLITICS
    Case pulls out of DA race, gives his support to Sedita

Updated: 09/26/08 7:20 AM

The race for Erie County district attorney is down to a field of two.

Challenger Ken Case withdrew Thursday and threw his support to the winner of the Democratic Primary, Frank A. Sedita III, a deputy to departing incumbent Frank J. Clark.

Case had finished second in the party’s three-way primary but could have pursued the job on the Working Families Party line. However, he said Thursday that it’s in the best interests of law enforcement and the community “to unite with the man who shares my vision of what the Erie County DA’s office can and should be.”

Diane Lavallee finished third in the primary but has the Republican line for November’s general election.

“I’m disappointed,” she said of Case’s decision. “The question we all need answered is what backroom deal was made for Ken Case to dramatically change his agenda?”

Unregistered

UPDATE: Case endorses Sedita

It appears that a 'deal' has been struck between Sedita & Case, which may not be all bad. The likely appointment of Case by 'sure winner' Sedita as top criminal prosecutor in the DA's office puts a good man in a key position.

But, is there any willingness to address Frank Clark's legendary refusal to prosecute political corruption, a major problem in WNY?

BTW, Illuzzi, who has both Sedita & LaVallee pay-for-praise ads, is still utterly silent on this important development. WHY?

Here is the latest from Glenn Gramigna:

http://www.newwnypolitics.com/index....d=846&Itemid=1

Case Endorses Sedita..."He Shares My Vision"

Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor Thursday, 25 September 2008

PRIMARY RUNNER-UP KEN CASE ENDORSES DEM NOMINEE SEDITA..."DECIDED TO UNITE WITH THE MAN WHO SHARES MY VISION OF WHAT THE ECDA'S OFFICE CAN AND SHOULD BE"
    Former Asst. DA Ken Case has endorsed his former primary rival, Democratic District Attorney nominee Frank Sedita, stating that it's "in the best interests of law enforcement and our community" to support Sedita.

"I have known Frank Sedita for many years," said Case. "We worked together closely in the Homicide Bureau. I know him to be a tremendous prosecutor and a man of his word. I know we share the same vision of the office and that our concerns about the needs of our law enforcement community are nearly identical. I know he will listen to the concerns and address the needs of the hard working men and women of Erie County."

For his part, Sedita lavished praise on his former rival Case, calling him "one of the best prosecutors

I have ever encountered." He also lauded the tone of the recent primary contest between the two, calling it "a campaign of civility and decency and mutual respect. After working with Ken for seven years in the DA's Office, I can honestly say that there are very few people I respect as much as Ken. I am proud and grateful to call him my friend and I am very pleased that we are going to be working together in this campaign."

Under questioning from reporters, Sedita declared that he shares the view that the DA's Office should work more closely with local law enforcement. He also said he agrees with most of the reforms Case proposed during his primary campaign.

Chairman Lenihan, in introducing the pair at an Ellicott Square Building news conference, called Case "a good friend," someone who ran a "valiant race" for DA.

Both Case and Sedita referred to the fact that the runner-up had "gotten into the race for the right reasons," namely to improve law enforcement in Erie County and was now endorsing Sedita in pursuit of those same goals.

When asked if Case would be considered for an important position in the new DA's Office under Sedita, the primary winner made it clear that he would not violate the law by promising anyone a post in return for their support before the election.

"I will say that I am going to be looking for the best prosecutors I can find to hire for positions in the DA's Office if I'm elected," he noted, "and Ken Case is one of the best prosecutors I have ever seen."

Case took the opportunity to thank all those who supported him in his primary campaign, including his volunteers, contributors, and the many members of the law enforcement community who backed him.

"With the help of Ken Case's support and endorsement, and the support of a unified Democratic Party, I am confident that Frank Sedita will be elected as Erie County's next Erie County District Attorney," Chairman Lenihan concluded.

Thread Information