Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Experience dealing with Alan at Basil Toyota

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    First warranty issue.

My radio randomly turns off or the display disappears. Instead of driving to Lockport they said I can take it to any Toyota dealer. I'm gonna try Toyota of Williamsville near the Eastern Hills Mall. They said to stop in at 1 o'clock. We'll see how it goes.

Toyota Radio

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In at 12:40 and out by 1:17 pm

Will order new radio and replace next week. Not bad service at all.

Toyota of Williamsville.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    First warranty issue.

My radio randomly turns off or the display disappears. Instead of driving to Lockport they said I can take it to any Toyota dealer. I'm gonna try Toyota of Williamsville near the Eastern Hills Mall. They said to stop in at 1 o'clock. We'll see how it goes.

Toyota Radio

Well no wonder it broke! You were listening to that head-banging Satan music!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post

Well no wonder it broke! You were listening to that head-banging Satan music!!!
    I listen to more than just that. I'm a station surfer.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well I sat at the dealer ship 35 minutes and then was told the replacement radio wasn't there. They will call me when it comes in they are back ordered.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Feb 6th and my radio is fixed...Took it to the dealer Jan 7th.

Took about a month to have the radio replaced from the day I took it in for the radio repair.

Worked all the way home.

Toyota

Unregistered
    Feb 6th and my radio is fixed...Took it to the dealer Jan 7th.

Took about a month to have the radio replaced from the day I took it in for the radio repair.

Worked all the way home.
    Still on 103.3, I see.

"Channel surfer," eh?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes channel surfer.

Yes channel surfer.
    I have to ask you a question,, as a business people I am just curious,, where does one draw the line at buying a superior product at the crossroads of supporting american workers.

Of course I am speaking about the auto industry,

I am in a quandry of replacing my fairly decent mercury for a foreign job but admittedly have a little guilt.

Your rationale please.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I have to ask you a question,, as a business people I am just curious,, where does one draw the line at buying a superior product at the crossroads of supporting american workers.

You do what nets you the most positive return on your investment I guess. Plus I believe the truck was assembled in the states. I had 2 ford vans that just rotted away for the most part. Wasn't good investments.

Of course I am speaking about the auto industry,

I am in a quandry of replacing my fairly decent mercury for a foreign job but admittedly have a little guilt.

See where it's assembled. You might find what your buying really isn't 100% foreign.

Your rationale please.
    We try to buy USA all the time if we can afford the price difference and if it really lasts. When you see people with UAW jackets walking into walmart it really doesn't give me any urge to make a point to go buy their UAW product and spend more so they can shop at china mart. Know what I mean?

All i know is I have to compete against 6 billion other people and the awful burden NYS/local governments put on us makes it hard.

I like the truck.. but right now I have to go pull parts from the garage for my american made pontiac

Sorry to resurrect a buried thread...

I went to Basil for the 10,000 mile checkup on my Tundra a few weeks ago. The guy at the desk said they were slow and took the truck into the bay right away.

Two hours later, the checkup was complete. I asked WTF took two hours? Their response: we changed the oil. The tires didn't need to be rotated and everything else looked good.

A $52 oil change and two hours of my life wasted wasn't what I had in mind.

I'll never go back.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I've been going to West Herr in Williamsville for service. I'm fine with them. Radio is acting up again though.. Otherwise the truck is great. Just had the 5000 mile maintenance done and I was there about an hour. Oil change, rotate tires and what ever else was due at $5000 miles. It was $58 bucks.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    OK, This is my third radio installed into the truck. I hope this one finally works.

We try to buy USA all the time if we can afford the price difference and if it really lasts. When you see people with UAW jackets walking into walmart it really doesn't give me any urge to make a point to go buy their UAW product and spend more so they can shop at china mart. Know what I mean?

All i know is I have to compete against 6 billion other people and the awful burden NYS/local governments put on us makes it hard.

I like the truck.. but right now I have to go pull parts from the garage for my american made pontiac
    We also try to buy American whenever possible but do have two Toyota Camry's. Toyota just makes a better vehicle and they last a lot longer. In any case, Toyota also uses USA parts in manufacture of vehicles so what is the difference? Most USA made vehicles have more foreign parts than Toyota.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My check engine light turned on. One garage stated I might need a Throttle Body Assembly $1153.64 installed. Bit of a shocker for a truck with only 28,000 miles on it. I'm gonna take it to the dealer for a second opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information