Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Experience dealing with Alan at Basil Toyota

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    Did you check out West-Herr Toyota?

They're the only Toyota dealership in the area with no BBB complaints in three years.
    That's where our XB came from. We just wanted the lowest price on the truck with no BS.

Actually had one sales person call from a different dealer and tell us to cancel the sale at Basil and he'll knock $500 off his quote. Sorry but too late. We asked for their best price and that was it. He gave us a price and Basil was cheaper. BUT now I'm wondering if they got cheaper by removing the rear view camera without actually telling us they were removing it. We were under the impression it was a standard option now by Toyota. Or at least that is how the other dealers made it sound.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    That's where our XB came from. We just wanted the lowest price on the truck with no BS.

Actually had one sales person call from a different dealer and tell us to cancel the sale at Basil and he'll knock $500 off his quote. Sorry but too late. We asked for their best price and that was it. He gave us a price and Basil was cheaper. BUT now I'm wondering if they got cheaper by removing the rear view camera without actually telling us they were removing it. We were under the impression it was a standard option now by Toyota. Or at least that is how the other dealers made it sound.
    It's all part of "the game."

You sound like me. I tell salespeople that I refuse to play "the game" and that they have "one shot" at earning my business.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    It's all part of "the game."

You sound like me. I tell salespeople that I refuse to play "the game" and that they have "one shot" at earning my business.
    That's how my business partner is. Cut the crap and tell us how much it is.

All your gonna do is hand me a truck and I'm gonna hand you a check. Exactly how much tech support is required on a vehicle other than when it fails. It's not like a computer where you need to double click the BUTTON or not. Click the button.. Sometimes I think if I say that one more time I'm gonna go insane.

If the truck fails under the warranty your gonna fix it anyways. Why should I have another warranty on top of the "warranty" that is supposed to be so good anyways. I think it was $1650 more for a 5 year warranty versus 3 year warranty.

Picture if you had to play that game each time you went food shopping.. You'd never get out of the store.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is this thread interesting or not?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is this thread interesting or not?
    Apparently not

Apparently not
    I think it is, but it's kind of a busy week this week, don't you think?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This truck rocks.... the cup holders are the perfect size for medium size Dairy Queen Blizzards!...

Congrats on a great purchase. You're gonna love driving a Toyo Pick'em-up. Nice choice on the 5 speed manual too. Stick-shifts give you so much more control.

I just retired my last Toyo pick'em-up. It had over 300,000 miles and was still running great. Not a spot of rust on it. I didn't want to pay the $700 to replace the clutch, so I sold it for $2100 as-is.

Prior to that '93 Toyo was an '85 Toyo. Great truck too, but had to replace the bed due to rust. A lot of the 82-87 Toyo 4 cylinders had problems with the aluminum head which caused gasket problems. If I had taken better care of it I would have gotten more than 200k miles before blowing the gasket.

To date, I've owned the following Toyo's
    82 Supra
    85 Celica
    85 4x4 Pick'em-up
    92 Camry
    93 4x4 Pick'em-up
    00 Sienna

The '85 Celica definately had the most balls. I drove it down a dried-up riverbed in Maine one day and dented the oil pan on a rock. It only held 3 quarts of oil for the remainder of it's life. Still got 170k out of it. I beat the living piss out of that car and it wouldn't die.

The Supra was my baby. Mint, six cylinder, 5 speed. Bit it nose-to-nose with a drunk driver one night, each of us going 55 MPH. That will bend a frame and ruin a good car right quick.

You won't have to replace that truck for another 15-20 years if you treat it right. Nice job!
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I gotta say.... I like the Tacoma truck a LOT.

I drove 2 Ford vans (econo and some smaller version), 1 Datsun 280z, 1 Nissan pickup, 2 Volkswagon beetles (the new ones built like junk), 1 70 nova, 1 1968 Beetle, 1 2006 Toyota Scion XB and well my 70 goat. Nothing compares to the goat but this Tacoma is at the top of the list.

Approaching 500 miles and have been following the break in procedure as the instruction book states.

I will fill the tank soon and will reset the odometer. I'll see what actual mileage I'm getting.

What do you all think about rust proofing treatments?

What do you all think about rust proofing treatments?
    Waste of money.

My '92 Camry doesn't have a spot of rust on it. It's been exposed to the elements since day one.

The factory paint jobs nowadays are far superior to the crap they did in the 80's. I'd save the money if it was my decision.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Alan called today about 11 to see how the truck was going. That was nice... said I was very happy and we were talking about it here...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hit the 1000 mile mark on the truck and it's been just fine.

The dash is pretty nice too at night.

Toyota 2009 Tacoma Lighted Dash

You need gas...........
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I have just over 1/2 a tank. It's rather good on gas. Not as good as the Scion Xb is but not bad for a truck.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My 2000 mile review

Toyota 2009 Tacoma Review

I'm happy. Heat is nice and toasty once it warms up. Seems to handle well with the ice on the roads too.

SO far only one electronic glitch. I was on the 90 and pressed the cruise control to be on. The moment I did that the lettering/words on the face of the radio disappeared and the steering wheel "radio" controls stopped functioning. I turned the cruise control off and they started to work again. Turned it on and they stopped again. Was weird. Only happened once. So far no issues other than that and no rust

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information