Thread: College Football Fans

College Football Fans

Is anyone here a College Football Fan?

If so, what is your team and why?

My team is Notre Dame. Some people think because I am Irish and Catholic. While those help, I am really a fan because they actually care about their kids and make them go to school and graduate. They also are pretty rigid on who they let in...unlike some other schools.

On a side note, UB has really turned the corner. Turner Gill IS THE REAL DEAL.

For all of the development and investment around UB, what they REALLY need to invest in is the football facilities. They are one of the few D-1 teams without a indoor facility..in WNY none the less.

When the Bills leave, UB is going to be the only football in town. I really think UB should step up their game. I think it is possible for UB to join a conference like the Big East in a couple of years. The Big East is going to need to spilt away from being a Basketball conference. At some point, they are going to need 12 teams so they can play more out of conference games. I think UB is a good fit.....if UB can get their act together.

having played(never got in a game though...then left the squad) for UB as a freshman (7th team,though)...i like what they're doing now....other than that univ of florida and syracuse (not this year,though..ugh)

Go Bulls! Then again, I'm a homer!

Actually, it has been fun watching the progress of the program. With a Senior QB this year I hope they continue to move in the right direction. And I hope nobody "steals" Gill for a couple more years!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    having played(never got in a game though...then left the squad) for UB as a freshman (7th team,though)...i like what they're doing now....other than that univ of florida and syracuse (not this year,though..ugh)

Urban Liar...really?

There was an interesting story on Cuse on ESPN. Essentiall Lee Corso of all people told the truth.

They brought in a guy from USC like 4 years ago. He let go of the staff, that was down but successful, and hired a guy from the Big 12.

Long story short, Cuse lost its connection in recruiting and the kids from NJ that used to go to Cuse are now going to Notre Dame, UCONN and Rutgers. Bad timing as Rutgers and UCONN just got going.

Side note....Miami of Ohio is coming to UB and the game will be on ESPN2. Should be a really good game and one hell of a deal for the buck.

word has it that drew willy's gonna get some looks for pro......he should get drafted from what i hear....

the program will get better as recruits will take notice of what's going on...i don't mind the MAC....

the program will get better as recruits will take notice of what's going on...i don't mind the MAC....
    The MAC is a good conference but the Big East has the money and the big name teams.

I think once the Bills leave, WNY is going to be hungry for football. This "biggest" school UB has hosted was Cuse.

With Pitt, Cuse, Cincy being so close, I can really see UB in the Big East.

It would also bring BIG TIME basketball back to WNY.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    The MAC is a good conference but the Big East has the money and the big name teams.

I think once the Bills leave, WNY is going to be hungry for football. This "biggest" school UB has hosted was Cuse.

i think the commitment is there in hoops and football...i like both our coaches...and better players are starting to come...

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS

I agree and would welcome it!

word has it that drew willy's gonna get some looks for pro......he should get drafted from what i hear....

Look....I was there for the hail mary last week. It was a nice play, but let's just say that Willy's arm makes Edwards look like the Incredible Hulk.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Thread Information