Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanna make a bet?

moonshine

wanna make a bet?

Anyone wanna make a bet that the job cuts will not be approved by the legislature, eventually forcing the state to make a decision on the entire budget situation, and, ultimately, raising taxes to make sure nobody loses their jobs?

I would bet that Giambra and his goon squad (legislature) have already pleaded for the state to take control of this situation so they don't have to be held accountable. Remember, the sales tax request was passed almost unanimously be the state, with the exception of local legislators. They could just as easily mandate an increased tax while all the local politicians vote "no" to save their political asses.

The taxes will be increased. The only decision to be made is who will take the heat.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong and our county is 1700 employees lighter next week.

Sucker Bet

From illuzziletter.com: Very Reliable Source!!

Exclusive: The State Legislature intended to request Governor Pataki, TODAY, issue a "Message of Neccessity." The State Legislature intended to pass a local law extending the deadline for the Erie County Legislature to pass the "Giambra Penny" to February 11th.

Translation a technical, Chapter Amendment, change in the minimum notice requirement from 30 days to 23 days, certified letter, ergo the February 11th date.

Sources: Believed there "was" a 10th vote in place or about to be in place. I got a call back ... The bill, which Senator Dale Volker introduced in the Senate, Mark Schroeder in the Assembly, is now off the agenda for today. The bill could be introduced next week with another date. Bill # 2063 Senate # 4161 Assembly

Postscript: The 10th vote is a Republican!

There goes any reform!!!! Thanks Albany. Way to go.

To be honest, the "Penny" will be this group's political death. We will not get any reform from any of these elected officials. Change will come in November. But we need a very unpopular decision to get this ball rolling.
    -r

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is completely INSANE.

They VOTED NO.... What is next automatic bank account transfers from our bank accounts when they need money?

Buffalo "...and I've got a fine horse under me", NY
    They will keep voting until they get what they want.

Ya'll better start thinking about change before November! Primaries are up before then!

Let's get moving! You'll be sorry if ya wait until November.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    http://www.oag.state.ny.us/contact/a...html#executive

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/online_forms/email_ag.jsp

Fill out the complaint form. We are consumers and the county provides services in the most wasteful manner.

Re: wanna make a bet?

Originally posted by moonshine
    Hopefully I'm proven wrong and our county is 1700 employees lighter next week.
    Why is it that years ago when County work got done, be it snow removal, road repair, medical and health care or public safety at the hands of the Sheriff's Deputies, everyone took those services for granted?
    Now all the people seem to want is the blood of the working people.
    These Civil Servants didn't cause this problem; they are caught up it the middle like all of the rest of the taxpayers.
    The politicians and their "appointed position" cronies are the ones that have given us (yes, I'm a taxpayer too ) the mess that we're in.
    The loafers that moved here from other states and the homegrown ones as well that love to live on Welfare (read OUR tax-money) are the cause of the mess that we're in, and the politicians, knowing that they will get voted out if they speak out against "entitlements" continue to hand out the "free money" to them directly out of OUR pockets.
    Joel and Company knew that this money had to go out to the loafers and yet he pissed it away on his cronies and supporters. He has gone through all of the surplus that Gorski left him ($87million) the tobacco settlement money ($412million) and is facing a $200million deficit next year.
    Instead of crowing about 1700 (or actually 3,000) workers getting sacked, let's start talking about that scumbag that caused all this trouble. Can we recall Giambra and/or force him to undo some of the mess that he's made?
    Let's remember that he's the former chief fiscal officer for the City of Buffalo and he's also responsible (or partly so) for the state that they are in.
    Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

No question that Giambra is the main culprit here, but until those books are open and we see where all that money actually went he will continue to throw smokescreens like medicaid at us over and over again. We may be seeing that soon hopefully, you'll notice today that his own rag the News is now beginning to call for an independant audit of county expenditures and spending policies . the walls are really beginning to crumble around him now.

I don't get it.
    We elected the legislature to represent our intrests. Like it or not they voted the increase down. That would mean that not enough of them to pass it thought it was what the constituency wanted. End of story.
    Yet it keeps turning up like (excuse the deliberate pun) a bad penny.
    Isn't that taxation with mad representation? Isn't that how they do it in banna republics? Aren't our boys and girls dying in Iraq to stop this kind of bad goverment?
    Maybe we should bring them back and invade Erie county.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

That illuzzi post is wrong!!! Everyone was wrong today...As of now Sales Tax offically Dead until June. You won...have a beer...

Truth Hard to Find on Franklin St.
    Buffalo's Blogging Community
    WNYmedia.net

moonshine
    Ways to remove a county exec...
    The entry of a judgment or order of a court of competent jurisdiction declaring him to be incompetent
    Some over-zealous judge was on wben today blowing his horn about "intervening" into the process if the legislature and giambra can't sing kum-ba-ya together around a campfire sometime soon. Is this judge attempting to legislate from the bench by forcing a sales tax increase, or is he considering issuing "a judgment or order of a court of competent jurisdiction declaring him to be incompetent"?

Exclamation Tax increase

Ok, let me start by saying this...i am a high school student with a resonable view on this matter. Like everyone else i think that a tax increase isnt the greatest idea there is. But to me it seems most logical. there is gogin to be about 1700 people laid off, some of which have many years in and are about to retire. some who are just starting out and have car and house payments. i mean how are these people suppose to survive? my father is an Eire County Sheriff and it looks like there will be cuts at his work place. sure Giambria should get rid of all the ransom jobs he has handed out that should be one of the first to go. and the sales tax should increase to so save these peoples jobs. Whats going to happen to all the area parks when there is nobody to do maitness on them? we live in Buffalo what about snow removal. how is this all going to pan out in the future?. For right now i say that we all take the increase and live with it, down the line it could always be changed again? I recieved an email saying that there is a possible extension on the date of the vote...Is this true??

moonshine
    Japzero, my heart is ripped out and bleeding on the floor. Exactly which public school are you an inmate of?

Originally posted by moonshine
    Japzero, my heart is ripped out and bleeding on the floor. Exactly which public school are you an inmate of?
    Maryvale High School.. of Cheektowaga

Re: Tax increase

Originally posted by Japzero
    "there is gogin to be about 1700 people laid off, some of which have many years in and are about to retire. some who are just starting out and have car and house payments. i mean how are these people suppose to survive?
    If, as has been stated by those defending the county employees here, they are the "well educated, highly skilled, intelligent, hard working, efficient, and industrious" individuals they are purported to be, then they'll never want for employment.

Welcome to the private sector...and good luck.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information