Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFTA Metro Bus

Thanks Dan,
    Looking at some of the names, this report is the 2008 payroll, and was just reported in 2009. However, it does give you an idea of the scope of the payroll at the NFTA. In the case of the operators, it appears that the base salary is shown in the left column, while total salary with O/T in the right. There have been pay increases since then, some contractual, others merit based for the non-represented.

I would really like to see the salaries today, broken down by position. Especially the management team.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Authorities are where politicians pay their political debts.
    That is a misconception.. We the non-government laborer/non-government business owners pay for their political debts.

Holy cr*p that is a lot of OT.

Lieutenant Garrity, Michael Annual $64,933.82 YTD $118,144.56
    Night Garage Supervisor Biniecki, John Annual $64,708.62 YTD $107,239.15
    Police Officer Martinelli, Mark Annual $55,752.58 YTD $105,319.66
    Captain Chiodo, Chris Annual $70,386.80 YTD $98,693.91
    Police Officer Reitler, Anthony Annual $59,686.36 YTD $97,775.92
    Lieutenant Dolan, Timothy Annual $66,879.04 YTD $97,751.93
    Police Officer Kolbert, Thomas Annual $53,144.60 YTD $95,817.01
    Police Officer Silvestro, Daniel Annual $58,250.61 YTD $93,958.55
    Resident Engineer Pfeiffer, Paul Annual $69,227.13 $93,771.59
    Detective Catanzaro, Joseph Annual $61,450.84 YTD $93,676.04
    Police Training Officer Livecchi, Michael Annual $62,108.60 YTD $92,745.41
    Lieutenant Jones, Fred Annual $69,010.00 YTD $92,196.94
    Police Officer Full, Michael Annual $57,229.69 YTD $92,024.08
    Detective Wright, Michael Annual $64,892.02 YTD $91,828.54

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Holy cr*p that is a lot of OT.

Lieutenant Garrity, Michael Annual $64,933.82 YTD $118,144.56
    Night Garage Supervisor Biniecki, John Annual $64,708.62 YTD $107,239.15
    Police Officer Martinelli, Mark Annual $55,752.58 YTD $105,319.66
    Captain Chiodo, Chris Annual $70,386.80 YTD $98,693.91
    Police Officer Reitler, Anthony Annual $59,686.36 YTD $97,775.92
    Lieutenant Dolan, Timothy Annual $66,879.04 YTD $97,751.93
    Police Officer Kolbert, Thomas Annual $53,144.60 YTD $95,817.01
    Police Officer Silvestro, Daniel Annual $58,250.61 YTD $93,958.55
    Resident Engineer Pfeiffer, Paul Annual $69,227.13 $93,771.59
    Detective Catanzaro, Joseph Annual $61,450.84 YTD $93,676.04
    Police Training Officer Livecchi, Michael Annual $62,108.60 YTD $92,745.41
    Lieutenant Jones, Fred Annual $69,010.00 YTD $92,196.94
    Police Officer Full, Michael Annual $57,229.69 YTD $92,024.08
    Detective Wright, Michael Annual $64,892.02 YTD $91,828.54
    They are screwing us or management is horrible and need to be replaced.

I also believe pension will based on high amounts not the annual base salary.

From: http://metro.nfta.com/Routes/ServiceReductions.aspx

PUBLIC HEARINGS ON PROPOSED SERVICE REDUCTIONS:
    Your concerns are important to us. Metro will hold a series of five public hearings so that you can help us guide this process.
    Jan. 30 ECC North Campus
    Bldg. B, Bretschger Hall, Room 401 - 6 p.m.
    Jan. 31 Niagara Falls City Hall
    Chambers - 6 p.m.
    Feb. 1 Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
    Auditorium - Noon and 6 p.m.
    Feb. 2 ECC South Campus
    Building #5 Cafeteria - 6 p.m.

Comments can e-mailed to planning@nfta.com or sent in writing to

Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
    181 Ellicott Street
    Buffalo, NY 14201
    Attention: Service Planning Department.

All comments must be received by Feb. 2, 2012.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    They are screwing us or management is horrible and need to be replaced.

I also believe pension will based on high amounts not the annual base salary.
    You are correct. Pension amounts are based on the average of the employee's three highest earning years. The Police Department has one of the highest levels of over-time throughout the Authority, much of it recorded as "Court Time." That is reflected in the two figures, "Annual", or base salary, and "YTD", what they actually made.

Only the drivers have a higher instance of O/T, but there are also a lot more drivers, and absenteeism is rather high in this department.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just look at the 6 figure club at the top of the list DT in post 30

NYS/Local Government inc's are clearly out of hand and touch with the communities they serve.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Just look at the 6 figure club at the top of the list DT in post 30

NYS/Local Government inc's are clearly out of hand and touch with the communities they serve.
    you should contact a local OBJECTIVE organization like SEIU and ask them to provide some funding for the Occupy Buffalo folks to set up a camp.....oops..an assembly...at the NFTA offices.

I thnk the Occupy Folks would really object to how unfair it is that these top 1%ers in the public sector locally are getting so much.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Lot of hypocrites out there.

I wonder what type of cars the top earners own that work for the NFTA.. I remember Keane running against Chris and the class warfare comments said at the heart stone fund raiser. Keane and crew with Lenny Lenihan standing at their side....... Chris just doesn't have one Lexus... he has two while you all struggle to make ends meet... comments like that.

Just join and you do not have to use facebook DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The article in today's Buffalo News underscores what I've been saying all along, the NFTA is extremely top heavy in management. Look at the numbers in the property management department alone. Eight employees, with annual salaries of over $700,000, and that is just one department. Support services with 115 managers carries a payroll of "more than $11.4 million." And the list goes on. Unfortunately, they didn't get in to the airport payroll and organizational structure, which would show greater levels of management, and payroll. What many don't reallize is that there are two entities, under one umbrella. NFTA and NFTA-Metro, Inc. That comes with two payroll departments, two accounts recievable/payable departments, etc. All with the management to run those departments. Rarely, do the two companies cross into the others territory.

It's time to overhaul the NFTA, and the changes necessary will not come from within. Everyone is content with business as usual, and unwilling to rock the boat. Anyone who does question the status quo, is given their walking papers that include a clause limiting what they can say about the NFTA.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...icle717170.ece

From: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...icle717170.ece

Public transportation in the Buffalo Niagara region is utilized by a large number of people of color, working poor and impoverished. The vast majority of them use it as their sole passage to work, worship, groceries, medical appointments, job training and education. For them, public transit is a portal to life. The bus doesn’t just take them home. It gets them to a better tomorrow.

Supported by federal, state and local taxes, the NFTA is a public agency created to serve the public good. Its plan to solve fiscal problems by diluting public transit’s indispensable role is unjust. Its claim that we must endure elimination of bus routes or a fare increase is unnecessary. And its refusal to hold a mirror to itself is unwise.

Cursory review of the NFTA’s 2012 budget suggests that it’s a private investment company disguised as a public transit agency. It’s “property management” department alone carries more than $700,000 in salaries for eight employees.

A more thorough budget review reveals the NFTA’s resemblance to other governments and bureaucracies with which our community is saddled: a top-heavy, management-laden structure that hasn’t been reimagined or retouched since the NFTA was first created by Albany in 1967.

The agency’s “support service” departments include some 115 managers, whose compensation costs taxpayers more than $11.4 million per year. That is, 115 managers with salaries and benefits of approximately $100,000 each. Which means that of the $17.6 million in sales tax revenue the NFTA will receive this year, virtually two-thirds of it will go to pay managers, not deliver services.

We all know that here in New York, the public agencies and authorities that we have are not the agencies and authorities we need. Along with the rest, the NFTA suffers from an age-old system of politicians appointing affluent business people to — on a part-time basis — oversee entities on which average people rely. As evidenced by the poor decisions that caused the architectural triumph of the Buffalo Niagara Airport to be hidden behind a raised parking ramp; the failure to resolve our region’s last vestige of racism — a system that inadequately connects city and suburbs; and the poor planning that produces NFTA financial crises far too often, this governance model is in need of repair.
    Can't agree more.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Unless there's pressure from the outside. i.e. the public & government officials, nothing will change at the NFTA. Too many of the upper management are not going to give up their large salaries, pension, and other benefits. They will continue to cut the lower level jobs, routes, and raise fares. I can think of about 100 positions that could be eliminated, and no one would notice.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Unless there's pressure from the outside. i.e. the public & government officials, nothing will change at the NFTA. Too many of the upper management are not going to give up their large salaries, pension, and other benefits. They will continue to cut the lower level jobs, routes, and raise fares. I can think of about 100 positions that could be eliminated, and no one would notice.
    Create a list. What are you waiting for. People in our community depend on transportation.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Groups want NYS to pump money into NFTA

Anthony Congi
    Posted by: Emily Lenihan

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) - Wednesday, local community groups will be joining forces, calling on Albany to pump more money into local public transit. This, as Metro riders face fare hikes or route cuts.

The NFTA is looking at a projected $15 million budget deficit, and are looking to cut routes to make up for loses, but at several meetings, riders have said they'd rather pay more for a bus fare than have less routes.

At a meeting held Tuesday in the city of Niagara Falls, bus riders expressed their feelings on the potential route cuts.

Read the full story on WIVB Channel 4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information