Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Town Budget

2009 Town Budget

It is budget season and by Town Law § 106:

Preparation, filing and review of tenative and preliminary budgets

1. The budget officer, upon receipt of the estimates of the various administrative units, shall review the estimates and may confer with the head of any such unit in regard to such estimates. He may require the head of any such unit to furnish information and to answer inquiries pertinent to such review.

2. Upon the completion of the review of the estimates, the budget officer shall prepare a tentative budget which shall include his recommendations and which shall be in the form prescribed in and in conformance with section one hundred seven of this article. He may also prepare a budget message explaining the main features of the tentative budget and containing such additional information as he may deem advisable. On or before the thirtieth day of September, or in towns in Westchester and Monroe counties on or before the thirtieth day of October, he shall file in the office of the town clerk the tentative budget, the budget message, if any, and the estimates and schedules.

3. The town clerk shall present the tentative budget to the town board at a regular or special meeting to be held on or before the fifth day of October. In towns in Westchester and Monroe counties the town clerk shall present the tentative budget to the town board at a regular or special meeting to be held on or before the tenth day of November. The town board may call upon the head of any administrative unit and the budget officer to discuss the tentative budget and the estimates as originally submitted. The head of any administrative unit may request in writing that he be permitted to explain his estimates to the town board. The town board shall review the tentative budget and may make such changes, alterations and revisions as it shall consider advisable and which are consistent with law.

4. Upon the completion of such review, the tentative budget and any modifications thereof as approved by the town board, shall become the preliminary budget. The preliminary budget shall be filed in the office of the town clerk and the town clerk shall reproduce for public distribution as many copies as the town board may direct.

I previously communicated with Supervisor Piotrowski and the Town Board regarding the amount of money categorized as "other" in preceding budgets and he stated the the others will be gone. This should be an interestin budget year.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I have received the same assurances, regarding the budget, and feel confidant they will follow the people's will.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

For the first time in a long while we will have meaningful numbers to analyze and discuss.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

The 2009 Tentative Budget is available at: http://www.westseneca.net/pdfile/WS%...e%20Budget.pdf

Youth Bureau:

What gives? The Youth Bureau was stripped of its 86K+ directors salary in January and made to about 20K for the Director from the Town of WS Budget, with the 60k+ to be paid directly from the Americorps grant. Now it appears that the Youth Bureau's director is being paid $82,557.00 directly from the Town's budget- the peoples money! There's some uncertainty among Town Board members as to the validity of the Americorps grant requiring this- it does not.

So, lets look at the Youth Bureau's line: Nearly $151K for one (1) DIRECTOR AND TWO (2) EMPLOYEES. That includes $200. for water; but WP said all water and coffee would be eliminated from future budgets!

Somebody explain this to the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    What gives? The Youth Bureau was stripped of its 86K+ directors salary in January and made to about 20K for the Director from the Town of WS Budget, with the 60k+ to be paid directly from the Americorps grant. Now it appears that the Youth Bureau's director is being paid $82,557.00 directly from the Town's budget- the peoples money! There's some uncertainty among Town Board members as to the validity of the Americorps grant requiring this- it does not.

So, lets look at the Youth Bureau's line: Nearly $151K for one (1) DIRECTOR AND TWO (2) EMPLOYEES. That includes $200. for water; but WP said all water and coffee would be eliminated from future budgets!

How do i become that director???

Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles
    How do i become that director???
    Don't ask- don't get me started! LOL

What gives? That includes $200. for water; but WP said all water and coffee would be eliminated from future budgets!
    Explain what. Coffee and water costing $200? What do you care anyway, you bugged out of WS awhile back.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...highlight=move
    I'm glad I moved to OP and am just a casual observer for this. If I have my way I'll also move my business a few miles south and operate wholly in OP- can't come soon enough.
    Kind of disingenuous to be upset over a $200 water bill, don't ya think?
    If OP is your new cup of tea, and you certainly can have your way, what is stopping you from moving the business a few miles souh to operate wholly within OP?

Hey, Doc- Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Explain what. Coffee and water costing $200? What do you care anyway, you bugged out of WS awhile back.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...highlight=move

Kind of disingenuous to be upset over a $200 water bill, don't ya think?
    If OP is your new cup of tea, and you certainly can have your way, what is stopping you from moving the business a few miles souh to operate wholly within OP?
    You know- as long as my Mother lives in town and I'm going to weigh in when I feel like it and you and your likes aren't going to stop me. As for my business, well it's now downtown and doing pretty good. All things considered- I'm happy. Are you?

Should we expect those who circulated the downsizing petition and are concerned about reducing the cost of government to be at the budget meeting?

2009 town budget

Has anyone looked closely at the budget-because if you do, you will see downsizing in every department but the Youth Bureau. Department heads are not getting a raise this year, but Mr. Lazzaro is. He has more new budget lines than ever before. What gives! Do you think he made a deal with Bove to help her advance her political career by getting Mark Schroeder to support her. Schroeder thinks that Lazzaro walks on water. He would do anything to help him out. So the deal goes like this-Bove supports Lazzaro and Scroeder supports Bove! Simple math but it sucks for the town of WS because we are paying this man $82K for running a department with 2 employees. And everyone is worried about saving $60K by removing 2 town board members. People wake-up!

Wake Up People!

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    Has anyone looked closely at the budget-because if you do, you will see downsizing in every department but the Youth Bureau. Department heads are not getting a raise this year, but Mr. Lazzaro is. He has more new budget lines than ever before. What gives! Do you think he made a deal with Bove to help her advance her political career by getting Mark Schroeder to support her. Schroeder thinks that Lazzaro walks on water. He would do anything to help him out. So the deal goes like this-Bove supports Lazzaro and Scroeder supports Bove! Simple math but it sucks for the town of WS because we are paying this man $82K for running a department with 2 employees. And everyone is worried about saving $60K by removing 2 town board members. People wake-up!
    Don't be fooled again, folks!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    we are paying this man $82K for running a department with 2 employees.
    That's rather pricey

You know- as long as my Mother lives in town and I'm going to weigh in when I feel like it and you and your likes aren't going to stop me. As for my business, well it's now downtown and doing pretty good. All things considered- I'm happy. Are you?
    I grew up in Amherst. I lived for five years in OP. My business and residence are in WS. I would not think of posting on the Amherst or OP blog because I do not have standing even though my parents still live in Amherst. Obviiously, I can not stop you from posting in WS forum, but it just seems strange that a person who moved their residence AND business out of the town should think their opinion should have standing. Obviously, you voted with your feet. Good for you. Now that you have done so, why not tell the OP and Buffalo people what you think on their forum. You can teach your mother how to post, and I would love to hear what she has to say on the WS Forum. You, not so much. You give the impression of a sour puss.
    All things considered- I'm happy. But you do not seem to be.

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...ighlight=bitty
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    I get it though, you're nothing more than a thin skinned old bitty that looks for reasons to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    That's rather pricey
    He runs an organization that provides work to about 600 young people. He is underpaid.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information