Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to WNY

Thumbs up Back to WNY

Good morning to All,

I'm back and am looking forwards to more hot discussions, communication and networking opportunities . Speak up and enjoy your living in WNY!

Hope to see you all at the Ukrainian Festival on Sunday, September 7 (info is posted on the local events thread).

If you have any questions or need information, you know where to find me. Right?

SPEAK UP WNY!!

Find some where else

You can't speak your mind here because if you do you get locked or deleted.

justKel
    Quote Originally Posted by gonerail
    Huh? Since when? I've posted some pretty controversial topics and never had my posts deleted or threads locked, at least none that I know of.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gonerail
    That only happens when someone constantly just copies/paste the same conspiracy stuff over and over and over and over and over and over...

AND OVER....

You get the point now?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by justKel
    Huh? Since when? I've posted some pretty controversial topics and never had my posts deleted or threads locked, at least none that I know of.
    I even had an obama supporter tell me that I'm letting the reps control the board drowning out the people who don't like Palin. I said hogwash... all the anti Palin people are squealing loud and clear....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    I even had an obama supporter tell me that I'm letting the reps control the board drowning out the people who don't like Palin. I said hogwash... all the anti Palin people are squealing loud and clear....
    I hope you're kidding!

This, "I'M TELLING DADDY," stuff is really getting out of control.

To complain about harassment is one thing, but to complain about a group of people voicing their political opinion is absolutely ridiculous.

I've always thought this forum had far more Democrats/Liberals than Republicans/Conservatives anyhow.

It's nobody's fault but their own for not speaking up.

justKel
    Hey I'm not complaining and I'm a liberal and like I said I've never been censored here. It's not been the most friendly place at times because of people like Bringingthetruth, but nothing I haven't dealt with on other forums and nothing I can't handle. There are plenty of good, friendly, nice people here to offset the riff-raff.

justKel
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Well, I'm not exactly a big fan of Palin. Funny, I had read about her long before now and I respect the fact that she's a strong woman. She's been accused of a lot of things and who knows, really, what the truth is when it comes to the accusations. But being a liberal undoubtedly I don't agree with her on some issues and I won't be voting McCain/Palin. But I probably won't be voting Obama/Biden either...

So... Ya gonna delete my post now?

I'm no republican and I'm no democrat either. The ideals of both parties are appealing. I love that the democrats want to take care of everyone, leaving no citizen behind. But isn't that the responsibility of everyone? As a Christian and as a nurse I see it as a responsibility of everyone. Even before I was a Christian I saw this as minimal human civility. We are supposed to take care of the widows and children and give to them that are in need. I do, and will continue to do so. However, does this minimal civil responsibility really have to be mandated by law and taxes? I don't think it does. Even when I was on the receiving end of an entitlement I knew it would have to be paid back and the favor returned somehow.
    I find the republican stance appealing as well. I agree with their ideals of less government, more personal responsibility and stay out of my pocket. I'm a big girl, I can think for myself. I don't need government telling me how to think or how to spend my money.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    I'm no republican and I'm no democrat either. The ideals of both parties are appealing. I love that the democrats want to take care of everyone, leaving no citizen behind. But isn't that the responsibility of everyone? As a Christian and as a nurse I see it as a responsibility of everyone. Even before I was a Christian I saw this as minimal human civility. We are supposed to take care of the widows and children and give to them that are in need. I do, and will continue to do so. However, does this minimal civil responsibility really have to be mandated by law and taxes? I don't think it does. Even when I was on the receiving end of an entitlement I knew it would have to be paid back and the favor returned somehow.
    I find the republican stance appealing as well. I agree with their ideals of less government, more personal responsibility and stay out of my pocket. I'm a big girl, I can think for myself. I don't need government telling me how to think or how to spend my money.
    You're a big girl, now, and you don't need anyone telling you how to spend your money...yet you, once, were on the receiving end of an entitlement?

It's interesting how people's perspectives change, once they're no longer in need.

I think it's pretty safe to say that your ideals are more along the lines of the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    You're a big girl, now, and you don't need anyone telling you how to spend your money...yet you, once, were on the receiving end of an entitlement?

It's interesting how people's perspectives change, once they're no longer in need.

I think it's pretty safe to say that your ideals are more along the lines of the Republican Party.
    I never met you a day in my life and you know my perspective? Yer funny.
    My perspective hadn't changed. I knew back then that nothing was for free. I paid back my student loans. I've paid enough in taxes to pay back what I received. I did not make a career out of welfare because I didn't want to. I knew I was a role model for my child. If that is a republican attitude, then so be it. But that doesn't make me a republican or a democrat because I was actually on welfare.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Thumbs up speak up and enjoy

Thanks for your input. I enjoyed it. Sounds like we are developing a few topics here. For example, "What do we stand for and Why?" "What is hot topic and what is not?" "What party to join and why?"

Because we are all different, we think, act and express ourself in the unique way. Who's right or who's wrong?
    Left, right, or in the middle?
    Nobody. Let's enjoy and respect each other. Speak up WNY!!

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida
    Thanks for your input. I enjoyed it. Sounds like we are developing a few topics here. For example, "What do we stand for and Why?" "What is hot topic and what is not?" "What party to join and why?"
    I don't think that this is the topic at hand.

Thumbs up What hand: right or left?

What hand? Right or left?

Ambidexterious

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida
    What hand? Right or left?
    THE ANSWER to this question is posted at the TOP of the SKYWAY BRIDGE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information