Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uss Liberty Survivors To Tell Long Hidden Secret

Lightbulb Uss Liberty Survivors To Tell Long Hidden Secret

Upcoming Speeches by USS Liberty Survivors
    September 6, 2008 — crescentandcross

Three U.S. Navy Veterans will be speaking out across the Lower Hudson Valley at the end of September about a long hidden secret.
    Ernie Gallo, Rick Aimetti and Rocky Sturman were sailors in the U.S. Navy when they lived through the sudden and brutal attack

on the research vessel, USS Liberty, by the air and naval forces of the State of Israel in international waters on June 8, 1967. “The

Israeli forces attacked with full knowledge that this was an American ship,” say the three survivors.

The USS Liberty was identified by Israeli reconnaissance aircraft as a US naval ship sailing in international waters at less than five

knots. With no offensive armament, the ship was no military threat to anyone. Yet after more than nine hours of radar tracking and

aircraft surveillance by almost hourly over-flights, Israeli air and naval forces attacked the US vessel without warning.

Thirty four Americans were killed and another 174 were wounded. The ship, a $40 Million state of the art Signals Intelligence

Platform, was later declared unsalvageable and sold for scrap.

Despite a near consensus of the crew that the Israeli attack was made with full knowledge of USS Liberty’s identity, the Johnson

administration never sought the prosecution of the guilty parties or otherwise attempted to seek justice for the victims. It

reportedly concealed and altered evidence in its effort to downplay the attack. And while it never formally accepted the Israeli

explanation that the attack was an accident, neither did it press for a full investigation.

Instead, the federal government placed USS Liberty survivors under a gag order for 40 years. The order carried threats of

imprisonment or fines up to $10,000, and prohibited survivors from telling any story at variance with the official US Navy version.

This month, in spite of the still standing gag order, three USS Liberty Veterans are speaking out to honor the memory of the 34

brave American men killed and the 173 wounded on June 8th, 1967.

Veteran Ernie Gallo tells why: “The coordinated lie of our government and Israel dishonors our dead…. For posterity, we want the

truth told in our history books rather than the lie….
    And last but most importantly, it is vital that our current Naval personnel know

that when they are in the presence of the Israeli Defense Forces, history indicates that there is not an American politician that will

stand up for you.”

US Naval Veterans Gallo, Aimetti and Sturman will be speaking:
    • Thursday, September 25th at 7pm at the Greenwich Library, 101 West Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CT.
    • Saturday, September 27th at 10am at the Norwalk Library, 1 Belden Avenue, Norwalk, CT.
    • Saturday, September 27th at 2pm at the Suffern Library, 210 Lafayette Avenue, Suffern, NY.
    • Sunday, September 28th at 11:30am at the Memorial United Methodist Church, 250 Bryant Avenue, White Plains, NY.
    • Sunday, September 28th at 3pm at the Fellowship of Reconciliation, 521 North Broadway, Upper Nyack, NY.

THESE EVENTS ARE NOT SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY THE GREENWICH, NORWALK OR SUFFERN LIBRARIES AND ARE

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
    For all details and to schedule interviews, please contact Post Road at 203.919.9696.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm ex-military navyman, many don't know how expendable each enlisted serviceman really is, YOUR SON ,BROTHER, NEPHEW.

This is disgusting !!!!!

Something's a little fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    on the research vessel, USS Liberty, by the air and naval forces of the State of Israel in international waters on June 8, 1967.
    Instead, the federal government placed USS Liberty survivors under a gag order for 40 years.

This month, in spite of the still standing gag order, three USS Liberty Veterans are speaking out to honor the memory of the 34

brave American men killed and the 173 wounded on June 8th, 1967.
    I know it's nowhere near the main point, but why would they feel the need to build up the speakers by claiming they're violating a "standing gag order" which, if truly a 40 year order, expired a year ago?

Starting out with trumped up bluster doesn't do much for continuing credibility.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Something's a little fishy...

I know it's nowhere near the main point, but why would they feel the need to build up the speakers by claiming they're violating a "standing gag order" which, if truly a 40 year order, expired a year ago?

Starting out with trumped up bluster doesn't do much for continuing credibility.

Obviously you haven't served in the american armed forces.

gag orders are real and many are afraid to speakup.

911 nobody is going to spill the beans on this for 40 yrs either.

also see lavon affair.

first time I've seen the Liberty referred to as a research ship
    everything I've ever read called it was an electronic surveillance ship

everything I've ever read also indicated there was a large American flag flying on the ship and the stern clearly said USS Liberty. No excuse for what the Israelis did
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

qu1nn
    Interview with one of the survivors of the USS Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    Obviously you haven't served in the american armed forces.

gag orders are real and many are afraid to speakup.

911 nobody is going to spill the beans on this for 40 yrs either.

Tell us all about these missiles you were privy to on the pentagon...

I must have been one of the lucky ones to get out of the serive without having to be ruled by a gag order! I'll bet there are millions of us!

qu1nn
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Tell us all about these missiles you were privy to on the pentagon...

I must have been one of the lucky ones to get out of the serive without having to be ruled by a gag order! I'll bet there are millions of us!

Dont mean to get in the mix, but FisherRd are you suggesting that gag orders are a conspiracy... and don't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by qu1nn
    Dont mean to get in the mix, but FisherRd are you suggesting that gag orders are a conspiracy... and don't happen?

I'm not "suggesting" anything. I'm stating in no uncertain terms that BTT is a blowhard that is pretending he's been privy to national secrets. The fact he is implying that Run must not have served due to not knowing about "gag orders" is laughable on its face.
    I'm not aware of anyone that has ever recieved such an order. I'm also extremely close friends with current and former special operators (on Bragg they are a dime a dozen). If anyone needs a gag order it would be them, but alas...

So, tell me of your experiences with gag orders. I always up for learning something new and exciting.

qu1nn
    I have had no experience with gag orders.
    In the interview I posted above the survivor from the liberty in essence says he was threatened into silence ....but then again he could be making everything up... but I doubt it.

qu1nn

I have had no experience with gag orders.
    In the interview I posted above the survivor from the liberty in essence says he was threatened into silence ....but then again he could be making everything up... but I doubt it.

qu1nn

You can't possiblt believe that your average ordinary seaman (actually all of them that survived) were under some gag order. It's simply not feasible.
    You can't get people in the highest levels of government to keep their yaps shut, and you surely aren't going to convince some kid from middle america to keep his yap shut about the reasons his friends and co-workers were killed. It's not in the realm of possibilities.

When you're on the same side as BTT you should really re-evaluate your position.

qu1nn
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    You can't possiblt believe that your average ordinary seaman (actually all of them that survived) were under some gag order. It's simply not feasible.
    You can't get people in the highest levels of government to keep their yaps shut, and you surely aren't going to convince some kid from middle america to keep his yap shut about the reasons his friends and co-workers were killed. It's not in the realm of possibilities.

When you're on the same side as BTT you should really re-evaluate your position.

you obviously havent done any homework on this topic and you are just doing the typical troll...

... there ARE several that have NOT kept their yaps shut. Many get together to get the information out. Many books have been written by those involved. Those that speak generally say they were threatened into silence.

I think you should re-evaluate your position ... imagine you witnessed something that the govt didnt want to get out into the general public ... then your threatened you into compliance with your job, retirement, financial, physical harm or the life of your family...

whatever BTT believes, it matters not to me.
    I have heard and posted on the Liberty incident in the past, I just thought that I would add to the post with a recent interview.

qu1nn

you obviously havent done any homework on this topic and you are just doing the typical troll...
    I think I'm going to run circles around you, so we'll see.
    ... there ARE several that have NOT kept their yaps shut.
    So then the gag order is bull****, and the eople claiming they are under one are simply saying it so lemmings and conspiracy theorists will think the story they are telling holds more weight.
    Many get together to get the information out.
    So the supposed gag order is either BS or completely toothless and imagined.
    Many books have been written by those involved. Those that speak generally say they were threatened into silence.
    How does a speaker and author on the subject have the balls to claim they were threatened in to silence? It's simply a ploy that gets you gullible fools to give them more credibility. If you haven't noticed, only a fool would believe an author and a speaker has been "silenced". You're a prime example of somebody that bought the propaganda.

I think you should re-evaluate your position ... imagine you witnessed something that the govt didnt want to get out into the general public ... then your threatened you into compliance with your job, retirement, financial, physical harm or the life of your family...
    I'm sure you can supply credible examples of the people that were threatened with jobs, retirement, physical harms, etc Remeber, credible evidence, not some conspiracy crackpot hyping a book or a lecture.
    Tell me more about how the governement didn't want this to get out. They had congressional hearings for christs sake.

whatever BTT believes, it matters not to me.
    I have heard and posted on the Liberty incident in the past, I just thought that I would add to the post with a recent interview.

qu1nn
    Let's see who has their homework done. And spare me the BS of conspiracy sites.

qu1nn
    what is your definition of credible evidence?

what is your definition of credible evidence?

The same as everyone elses. Now quit parsing and get to showing me all of your research and homework (that more than likely consists of Wiki and some crackpot books).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information