Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits

Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits

A son and a brother of Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.) are accused in two lawsuits of defrauding a former business partner and an investor of millions of dollars in a hedge fund deal that went sour, court records show.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082302200.html

Just a note, I really dont care. But since some folks seem to think bring up the VP's family is fair game I believe in balance
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Biden's son a registered lobbyist since 2001

DENVER — As it stands now, Sen. Joe Biden's younger son, Hunter Biden, wouldn't be allowed to contribute money to his father's vice presidential effort.

That's because Barack Obama's campaign has a policy of not accepting donations from federal lobbyists, and Hunter Biden, 38, is one. He has been a registered lobbyist since 2001, and these days he represents nine clients, including five universities and two biotechnology firms, Senate records show.

The law firm he co-founded, Oldaker Biden & Belair, was paid $1.8 million to lobby Congress in the first half of this year, according to public records compiled by the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics. Biden's clients paid the firm $470,000, the records show.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...iden-son_N.htm
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Biden's Link To Credit-Card Firm Questioned

Sen. Joe Biden was one of the few Democrats who sided with credit-card companies that were trying to make it harder for people to declare bankruptcy.

At the time, his son was a consultant to Delaware-based credit-card company MBNA. MBNA employees also contributed heavily to the senator's election campaigns.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=93954519

Change?

Obama, Biden's Son Linked by Earmarks

Sen. Barack Obama sought more than $3.4 million in congressional earmarks for clients of the lobbyist son of his Democratic running mate, Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware, records show. Obama succeeded in getting $192,000 for one of the clients, St. Xavier University in suburban Chicago.

Obama's campaign has taken a hard stance against the world of lobbying in the nation's capital. Obama said he limits his own efforts to get money for pet projects -- a process known as earmarking -- to those that benefit the public. He has posted his earmark requests on his presidential campaign Web site to encourage transparency.

Since Obama announced his selection of Biden on Saturday, attention has focused on Biden's lobbying connections as well as his son's lobbying activities. R. Hunter Biden is one of many relatives of members of Congress who work as lobbyists.

The younger Biden started his career as a lobbyist in 2001 and has registered to represent about 21 clients that have brought in $3.5 million to his Washington firm, according to lobbying disclosure forms.

Sen. Biden has collected more than $6.9 million in campaign contributions from lobbyists and lawyers since 1989, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

A spokesman for the Obama campaign said that Hunter Biden himself has never lobbied his father. Another lobbyist in the firm successfully sought an earmark from the senator for the University of Delaware. But Hunter did not work on the account, the spokesman said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...603894_pf.html

where are all the defenders of Biden?

Lefty?

Rising?

Mary?

This is your guy right? You guys are posting away about Palins kids. Lets see you over here.

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    where are all the defenders of Biden?

Lefty?

Rising?

Mary?

This is your guy right? You guys are posting away about Palins kids. Lets see you over here.
    biden's boys/gals are crying in their tomato soup right now.........hiding under their desks , except rising , he's probably unaware of this thread as he's not afraid of some controvercy............
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Now I guess I can add citymouse to my list. He likes a good fight maybe he will pop in

Citymouse defend Bidens kids please.

You have no problem passing judgement on Palins kids.

Here ya go..........

Now I guess I can add citymouse to my list. He likes a good fight maybe he will pop in

Citymouse defend Bidens kids please.

You have no problem passing judgement on Palins kids.

Here ya go..........
    they're MIA , moved to Saigon..........

www.onlinebuffalo.com

I saw therising in the thread so I know he is looking.

Come out and playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I was just typing on another thread, how you've turned into a little pussy.

Let me finish what I'm doing over there.....

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I was just typing on another thread, how you've turned into a little pussy.
    Sorry he-man I will chain the old lady to the stove then we can talk eh?

Fox News & CNN just did a quick note on Biden's small problem.........

www.onlinebuffalo.com

OMG , even the YES Network just did a sound bite about the Biden family..............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

The lobby kid thats firm swung earmarks Obama's way and Bidens way is very interesting considering the squeky clean image given to the dem ticket.

A spokesman for the Obama campaign said that Hunter Biden himself has never lobbied his father. Another lobbyist in the firm successfully sought an earmark from the senator for the University of Delaware. But Hunter did not work on the account, the spokesman said.
    Washinton politics as usual, "My kid working for the company has nothing to do with it"

Ummmmm ya right.

Steven:

Listen to me - I don't come on here, incensed to personally go after people the way that you do, as proven by the above post. As well as the following one:

[QUOTE-Steven]Sorry he-man I will chain the old lady to the stove then we can talk eh?
    [/QUOTE]

There's no doubt that I, often, get into it on here with people here. But, the difference is, I don't look for it. And, by a day or two later, I forget who I was even arguing with.

But, hey, you and your girlfriend are moderators on this board. If you feel this is the way it should be....well, you've got more pull than I do.

So, stop being a stalking little ****, and act like a man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information