Tony Fracasso - Admin

Sales Tax Is Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HEARD IT HERE! Well WBEN to...

The sales tax increase is dead!

Re: Sales Tax Is Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by WNYresident
    YOU HEARD IT HERE! Well WBEN to...

The sales tax increase is dead!

HOLD ON TO YOUR HORSES. They have up until 12:00AM to decide.
    The way the clowns have been juggling the balls anything could happen.

Trap coming !!

All this means is the Legislatuers and Giambra have 3 months to come up with naother plan to get that penny.

Look, if you were paid $80,000 a year for answering a phone, would you want to lose your job ? Years ago these all-in-the-family-job were called political appointees. I say, get rid of every patronage job and never allow it again. Damn, I would run for office if I wouldn't lose my Social security and my VA Compensation benefits.

There is only one thing that will help this town and that is a change of mind set. Not by the people but by those who run for office. They all seem to think alkie Buffalo and Eire County is my personal ATM Machine and these people are stupid. Maybe its time to but people in office who are not lawyers, doctors but low working people with good ideas. Where is it written that you must be a power person before you can run for any office. I suggest Buffalo needs a female Mayor and Mr. Brown is the old same thing. He will cause the same problems here. He is interested in his own political interest and that is Whasington DC pepole.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

All this means is the Legislatuers and Giambra have 3 months to come up with naother plan to get that penny.

We really have to pay attention to this process because I have a feeling they will try to secretly slip it through in June to avoid another public out-cry.

dtwarren made a good point though in another thread: Even if they did find a way to pass it for June, they've already lost 3 mos of those taxes. It would not be the full amount anymore and cuts would still be necessary.

Plus I think the legislators are more aware now of the public anger. WE just need to escallate that anger again if they vote again... just to remind them who they represent.

for the first time I feel optimistic about buffalo politics. They tried to pull the same crap they always do, but for the first time people raised hell. If they try it again, we do the same thing and don't let up! I hope to look back on buffalo politics and see this 2005 budget vote as the turning point when we the people took control.

Plus I think the legislators are more aware now of the public anger. WE just need to escallate that anger again if they vote again... just to remind them who they represent.
    We need to take that anger and continue, not back off, the pressure to create real reform. Keep the momentum going.
    They actually hope that we will back off! Slip some things through and deal with the anger after the fact.
    For three months they may loose those tax dollars but if passed, those tax dollars will continue forever. They win!

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: Re: Sales Tax Is Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by concernedwnyer

HOLD ON TO YOUR HORSES. They have up until 12:00AM to decide.
    The way the clowns have been juggling the balls anything could happen.

You know that's real bs. YOU VOTE AND THATS IT.. none this vote until you ge twhat you want. How would you like if we could vote over and over for the pres? They should make legislators fill in a ballot and then read them. This way you wouldn't have a almost tie and one person having the chance to choose how the vote should go.

If they did switch something about the vote what would we call all these previous votes? Dream votes? Practice votes?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    for the first time I feel optimistic about buffalo politics.
    Quote for the day.. and you heard it here first.. Never thought you would hear that did ya.

Thread Information