Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do you think that political players won't register on the site?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    How, exactly, does someone "prove" that he or she is not a "bottom feeder"? That's not a specific charge about wrong doing or bad behavior; it's simply a general smear.
    Easy... you register and say these are the wrong facts.. If they are I would then go and make a statement "so and so" is misleading people. Loses their credibilty. Maybe even deserves to be banned for lying...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald
    Here are my top 5 reasons why they won't register.

1. Because they really don't care what we think or what we want to know. They are only interested in themselves.

2. They have their spies to keep tabs on us, why should they waste their time with us. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

3. They are technophobes and only know how to turn on a computer. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

4. They don't have time to get involved on message boards or blogs. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

5. They are afraid of being crucified by us. Every response they make will be torn apart, analyzed and contradicted. Nothing they say will make us happy. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.
    I think OneEmerald nailed it.

Bottom line: "They really don't care what we think or what we want to know."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    I think OneEmerald nailed it.

Bottom line: "They really don't care what we think or what we want to know."
    When we knock them out one at a time they will start to take notice.

How are going to accomplish that?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Easy... you register and say these are the wrong facts.. If they are I would then go and make a statement "so and so" is misleading people. Loses their credibilty. Maybe even deserves to be banned for lying...
    No offense, Res...

But you're not nearly as liberal with your ban stick as you think you are. I think most politicians would find this site a hostile and one-sided environment.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    How are going to accomplish that?
    awareness... readers.... readers vote... You stir the pot the crap floats to the top...

A news paper can shape how a community thinks and reacts. It can also build a stronger community. Read up on Ben Franklin and how he started his newspaper... The new media is the internet. That's why I picked the name onlinemedia.net for my company 10 years ago. I saw where it's all heading.

[QUOTE=joe d.]please, people, if you want to really prove a point, make sure of the facts first.[QUOTE]

I always thought more of you, joe. Sorry you have to play these games. I am not going to take a polotical stance here, but facts are facts. If you don;t wantr to go to the Erie County site I pointed out and do your homework - fine - keep going with distortions, I really don't care.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannister
    No offense, Res...

But you're not nearly as liberal with your ban stick as you think you are. I think most politicians would find this site a hostile and one-sided environment.
    Of course it's hostile. How would you react to politicians who sell your community out? How would you react where when a politician only worries about what is good for them not your community? Politicians (people) who make your community #1 on the worse list you would want to be on and last on the list you wish your community was #1 on.

Of course is gonna be hostile. They are lucky they have not been tarred and feathered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Of course is gonna be hostile. They are lucky they have not been tarred and feathered yet.
    inlcuding their cronies and subordinates

[QUOTE=Save Us]It's also nice that we have 2 control boards because our many many elected officials can't seem to run an area in a solvent fashion.

QUOTE]

Two? Isn't that redundant goverment expense? Does Kevin Gaughan know about this?
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Touche'

[QUOTE=MERL J][QUOTE=joe d.]please, people, if you want to really prove a point, make sure of the facts first.

I always thought more of you, joe. Sorry you have to play these games. I am not going to take a polotical stance here, but facts are facts. If you don;t wantr to go to the Erie County site I pointed out and do your homework - fine - keep going with distortions, I really don't care.
    MERL J
    I dont have a problem with anyone disputing what I pass on as an informative piece...BUT really...the comment about old men jacking off..was that sarcasm really necessary.??...all it did was take the focus off of the subject matter...just like all of Kern's sometimes interesting blogs...when he loses all credibility in what he is writing when he aludes back to his personal attacks, or experiences.
    I thought more of you... having met and spoken with you in Housing court a few times...didnt think you would have to stoop to this low, as you seem to be a pretty intelligent person.
    Perhaps you would better serve as a contributor with facts..as you did..WITHOUT the unnecessary sarcasm.
    I have no agenda with Barb K..but found this piece at another site...passed it on to all to read, and then Jamestown's finest?... took off with the attack on me as part of her obsession with Kern. Again..that was not necessary.
    Anyway..think what you like...but I find this site informative, as well as sometimes entertaining, and plan to contribute when I find someting that may be interesting to others!

[QUOTE=citymouse]
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us
    It's also nice that we have 2 control boards because our many many elected officials can't seem to run an area in a solvent fashion.

QUOTE]

Two? Isn't that redundant goverment expense? Does Kevin Gaughan know about this?
    Mouse,, I just called him and told him... he's really mad now

[QUOTE=Save Us]
    Quote Originally Posted by citymouse

Mouse,, I just called him and told him... he's really mad now
    I saw him once on the news when he was angry. It ain't pretty.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

If our local LEA hide their names , what make you think the bigger rats will display their own names.

To get bashed and told what people really think of them ? Naw that will never happen.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information