Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Why do you think that political players won't register on the site?

  1. #1
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    63,565

    Why do you think that political players won't register on the site?

    Why do you all think people like Frank Max, Joe Illuzi, Orsini, etc won't register under their names?

    Is it they can't defend their actions as bottom feeders?

  2. #2
    Member CSense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Why do you all think people like Frank Max, Joe Illuzi, Orsini, etc won't register under their names?

    Is it they can't defend their actions as bottom feeders?
    Are they regesitered under another name?

  3. #3
    Member winfield31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Why do you all think people like Frank Max, Joe Illuzi, Orsini, etc won't register under their names?

    Is it they can't defend their actions as bottom feeders?
    part of the reason is that once their "spoken" word is written , it's part of the official record , it's now eternal for the ages , it's on the "World Wide 'Net" , tough to retract something like that..........
    Nothing gold can stay...............

    www.onlinebuffalo.com

  4. #4
    Member OneEmerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cheektowaga.
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Why do you all think people like Frank Max, Joe Illuzi, Orsini, etc won't register under their names?

    Is it they can't defend their actions as bottom feeders?
    Here are my top 5 reasons why they won't register.

    1. Because they really don't care what we think or what we want to know. They are only interested in themselves.

    2. They have their spies to keep tabs on us, why should they waste their time with us. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

    3. They are technophobes and only know how to turn on a computer. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

    4. They don't have time to get involved on message boards or blogs. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

    5. They are afraid of being crucified by us. Every response they make will be torn apart, analyzed and contradicted. Nothing they say will make us happy. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

    www.BuffaloReUse.org

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald
    Here are my top 5 reasons why they won't register.

    1. Because they really don't care what we think or what we want to know. They are only interested in themselves.

    2. They have their spies to keep tabs on us, why should they waste their time with us. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

    3. They are technophobes and only know how to turn on a computer. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

    4. They don't have time to get involved on message boards or blogs. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.

    5. They are afraid of being crucified by us. Every response they make will be torn apart, analyzed and contradicted. Nothing they say will make us happy. Besides, they really don't care what we think or what we want to know.
    And that's what I don't understand. If I was elected into an office, I would WANT to know what my constituents concerns were. This is a quick and efficient way of doing that, and it gives me a chance to discuss the issues "one on one" with the people. It gives them a chance to disagree and tell me why. It's very productive, and too bad that more politicians haven't taken use of this.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

  6. #6
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    63,565
    Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    Are they regesitered under another name?
    Don't know.. but seeing they want to publicly play politics they should register under their own name.

  7. #7
    Unregistered Enough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,544
    You kidding, Politicians love this site!!!!!!!

    Instead of being "out there" holding them accountable and "in their face" we are in here whining to each other! They think that's great!

    They probably sit there and laugh at us!

  8. #8
    Member Foot Fungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,266
    Originally Posted by Enough

    You kidding, Politicians love this site!!!!!!!

    Instead of being "out there" holding them accountable and "in their face" we are in here whining to each other! They think that's great!

    They probably sit there and laugh at us!
    I'm not so sure about that. The Lancaster Town Supervisor just this past week openly vented about this site during a Town Board meeting.

    They're watching. They're either laughing or spewing venom depending on what's being said.

  9. #9
    Unregistered Enough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot Fungus
    I'm not so sure about that. The Lancaster Town Supervisor just this past week openly vented about this site during a Town Board meeting.

    They're watching. They're either laughing or spewing venom depending on what's being said.
    Awesome! What did he say?

  10. #10
    Member Foot Fungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,266
    He's pissed off about the writing that's being done in regards to the purchase of a $27,000 Chevy Tahoe that was purchased for his use around town. He's ticked off about the talk surrounding the Town's purchase of a building to house the police and court too that was purchased nearly five years ago ($1.6 mil plus another $300,000 for furniture) and only houses a few detectives and some stuff that they store there, and the sale of the Depew Library that was closed during the county budget cuts that is still rotting away in vacant state. He's ticked off at the news reporters too (except for the Lancaster Bee, they print whatever he likes).

    Check the SUWNY front page for an article by Lee C. on the Sup's ranting.

  11. #11
    Member Foot Fungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,266
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3769.shtml

    Link to the above referenced article. There's more pertaining to these issues also.

  12. #12
    Unregistered Cgoodsp466's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,239
    Becuase they are cowards.

  13. #13
    Member Ms.Depew.to.you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Becuase they are cowards.
    Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

    I think they're absolutely here in some capacity. They're just hiding behind a fake name.

    Cuing Kern in 3...2...1...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,491

    Political Humor

    A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal.
    Feeling somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu...

    Tourist: $5
    Broiled Missionary: $10.00
    Fried Explorer: $15.00
    Baked Democrat or Grilled
    Republican: $100.00

    The cannibal called the waiter over and asked,
    'Why such a price difference for the
    Politician?'

    The cook replied, 'Have you ever tried to clean one?
    They're so full of crap, it takes all morning.'

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    745
    Trust me they read the blogs. One actually told me he/she read posts on this blog and other ones too.

    What's interesting to me is the new websites that are created to smear the various politicians. It's getting ugly out there.

    I'm sure they have their "aids" checking it out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Contaminated ash found at Niagara Falls housing site
    By Mary3 in forum City of Niagara Falls NY
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM
  2. Could this be political pay back?
    By WNYresident in forum Cheektowaga, Depew and Sloan Politics
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: August 1st, 2008, 10:06 AM
  3. Think tank creates Web site to monitor state spending
    By steven in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 31st, 2008, 10:23 PM
  4. City upgrading website
    By kernwatch in forum Buffalo NY Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
  5. Whistle-blower site taken offline
    By Bringthetruth in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •