Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On restroom attendants...

On restroom attendants...

Has there ever been another occupation as unnecessary, undignified and peculiar as "restroom attendant?"
    Other than satisfying innate voyeuristic tendencies, what service does this vocation perform?

Handing someone a towel after they've taken a dump or shaken their wanker is about as low as you can go. Other than "The Fair," are their any other civilized restaurants or venues in Buffalo that still use attendants?

Here's the Buff News article about them being ripped off by their employer at the fair:

"Twenty-five restroom attendants at the Erie County Fair received monetary tips from fairgoers -- but they also were getting gypped by the company that hired them, the state Labor Department has announced.

Preliminary reports suggest that those 25 workers were denied a total of $25,000 that was rightfully theirs, or an average of $1,000 apiece, over an eight-day period, Labor Department officials say."

I've been to many convention centers that use attendents. I like the practice. With that many people coming and going, it's nice to know they are being kept clean and supplied.
    I've also seen attendents at many a thruway rest stop, not only in NYS but in NJ, PA, and MD.

"gypped" is a no no in today's PC environment.

Some how my place of employment manages to keep the ****ters clean and there's no creepy looking dude sitting in there watching and listening while I go about my business.
    It's a horrifying occupation, but worse than XXX Video booth mopper?

Somebody make a poll...

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    "gypped" is a no no in today's PC environment.

Some how my place of employment manages to keep the ****ters clean and there's no creepy looking dude sitting in there watching and listening while I go about my business.
    It's a horrifying occupation, but worse than XXX Video booth mopper?

Somebody make a poll...
    Someone call Video Liquidaters on Elmwood. They have a regular movie theatre in there. I think that may beat the thruway rest stop in messes.

They're probably a good idea in bars and night clubs because I think its a way to persuade people to wash their hands when finished who otherwise wouldnt, and then go back out amongst rooms and buildings full of people possibly spreading their dirt. So, it more of a sanitary motivator thing if you ask me.

I generally like the idea...., in my naive way. I like to think that it keeps the cleanliness factor of the restroom up, it should keep weirdos out (attendant aside), and, in the finer places, I actually like the fact that the sink is running when I get there, lint and/or dandruff is whisked off of my suit, and eau de colognes are available for use, if necessary.....

On the other hand, if the guy can point out the hookers up at the bar, that's not a bad thing either...
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun
    Has there ever been another occupation as unnecessary, undignified and peculiar as "restroom attendant?"
    Other than satisfying innate voyeuristic tendencies, what service does this vocation perform?

Handing someone a towel after they've taken a dump or shaken their wanker is about as low as you can go. Other than "The Fair," are their any other civilized restaurants or venues in Buffalo that still use attendants?

Here's the Buff News article about them being ripped off by their employer at the fair:

"Twenty-five restroom attendants at the Erie County Fair received monetary tips from fairgoers -- but they also were getting gypped by the company that hired them, the state Labor Department has announced.

Preliminary reports suggest that those 25 workers were denied a total of $25,000 that was rightfully theirs, or an average of $1,000 apiece, over an eight-day period, Labor Department officials say."
    I noticed them at a few places in Manhattan , also several foreign airports , where the "attendents" did absolutely nothing & still wanted "tips" , how stupid are we , so after I gave him my 2 dollars........
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

[COLOR="Blue"] Has there ever been another occupation as unnecessary, undignified and peculiar as "restroom attendant?"
    Great, just great!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you want Surfin' to go on unemployment so we can pay for him too!

What makes you think your job is any more important than his!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enough
    Great, just great!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you want Surfin' to go on unemployment so we can pay for him too!

What makes you think your job is any more important than his!!!!
    so if surfin' goes on unemployment , there'd be an "opening" in the restroom ?

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Unregistered

Hard Rock Cafe

I have not gone to many restaurants with bathroom attendants. I did see one at a few Hard Rock Cafe's and it was kind of weird and ackward to have someone there just watching with all of the cool bathroom "toys." Like lotions and fancy towels.

Kind of reminds me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off in the French Restaurant? Snooty? Snoty? Where is Ed Froman, the sausage king of chicago? You touch me I yell rat! ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    so if surfin' goes on unemployment , there'd be an "opening" in the restroom ?
    Don't blame Surfin' times are tuff......

I mean since losing that drivers job for Giambra.....

Quote Originally Posted by Enough
    Don't blame Surfin' times are tuff......

I mean since losing that drivers job for Giambra.....
    I heard things were lookin' up for surfin' as he was now Dan Ward's personal hair stylist ?

www.onlinebuffalo.com

The restroom attendant profession probably attracts a fair number of retired high school gym teachers who oversaw the Naked Swimming Program.

The qualifications and creepiness factor are about the same.

The restroom attendant profession probably attracts a fair number of retired high school gym teachers who oversaw the Naked Swimming Program.

The qualifications and creepiness factor are about the same.
    you know I remember the days when they actually had "pay" toilets @ the Broadway Market , it was like a nickle ?

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    you know I remember the days when they actually had "pay" toilets @ the Broadway Market , it was like a nickle ?
    Mom used to tell me, "Just crawl under the door"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information