Thread: Adventures in supermarket land

Adventures in supermarket land

Once again I couldn't buy a product at the Tops at the Thruway Plaza because all of it on the shelves, about a dozen boxes, had use by dates more than 60 days old.

Unfortunately, Wegman's doesn't sell that product. I did find it at the Tops on Union road.

I've noticed that there is a significant difference between the those two tops. The Thruway Plaza is a dirty dingy store with a significant amount of litter around the building. The one on Union is much cleaner with a lot less trash around the building.

I wonder if it is Tops itself, the building caretakers, or the patrons who are such slobs at the Thruway Plaza.

A few weeks ago I was in the Wegmans on Dick road when Danny Wegman and the gang showed up for a store visit. About 30 home office employees came in a bus and were wondering through the store speaking to employees.

One of the employees asked me if there was anything I wanted her to relay to the home office. I said that the Dick Road store should have more organic produce like the Sheridan (near Hopkins) store. She said the Dick Road store seldom stocked the organic food "because the people who shop here aren't the type who buy organic food" which I guess means people in Williamsville are slim and healthy while people in Cheektowaga are fat cancer stricken slops.

Interesting though is the fact that within a week the Dick road store started carrying a lot more organic produce, even more than I've seen at the Williamsville store.

I like the fact that Wegmans doesn't sell tobacco products. However a friend told me the Wegmans store near his house recently put out smoking shelters for the employees, which seems a bit at odds with the no-sale of tobacco products.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    When I retire I would like to work at Wegmans part time. Good company to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    When I retire I would like to work at Wegmans part time. Good company to work for.
    3/4 of a pound of genoa, sliced thin please.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I tell people the bakery department.... I'm rather clumsy and don't think being around a meat/cheese slicer would be wise.

Nogods does have a point. Some places are really not clean.. Why is that.

great place to work part time after retirement just for the insurance alone.

I know a retired mechanical engineer that works in maintenance there part time. He loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    ... Some places are really not clean.. Why is that.
    Because some people are slobs and feel it's the employee's job to clean up after them. These are the same people that will throw garbage out their windows while speeding down the 33. This it's someone else's job mentality needs to stop.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

What's worse is when you're browsing the cereal aisle and find a package of chicken. WTH?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Thread Information