Thread: Just a Few Common Sense Questions

Just a Few Common Sense Questions

Why, when we disagree, do we have to go in bull-headed and disrespect one another?

When did loyalty to a political candidate become so horrid?

Why does it have to tear people apart instead of creating open and constructive dialogue?

Quote Originally Posted by MERL J
    Why, when we disagree, do we have to go in bull-headed and disrespect one another?

Why does it have to tear people apart instead of creating open and constructive dialogue?
    1. Because we are seasoned BS analizers.
    2. When we became seasoned BS analizers.
    3. Because too many wannabe BS analizers have yet to be seasoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan
    1. Because we are seasoned BS analizers.
    2. When we became seasoned BS analizers.
    3. Because too many wannabe BS analizers have yet to be seasoned.
    Although your response is witty and endearing (at least to me), it still doesn't get to the crux of the matter. I really am having a hard time understanding why these topics tear people apart, even old friends and/or family members. It just doesn't make sense. If there was open dialogue, couldn't we actually learn some things from each other? Maybe even sway one from their former opinion or at least provide a balanced viewpoint?

Or, am I just too naive?

Nothing "complicated" about why we argue about petty issues like candidates:
    The government through the corporate media make sure that we're divided as much as possible as a people and nation-Just more distractions.

I'm guessing?

Look at how divided we were as a nation after the 2000 election: Gore supports Vs. Bush acolytes.

Its like sports fans getting into fights;Riots after their team wins or loses.

Our polarization is also due to other mass media creations such as Obama's "Muslim" beliefs to even pettier things such as not wearing an American
    flag lapel, putting his hand on his heart during the pledge of allegiance, ect.

Many of us are under the illulsion that the information parsed or spewed out to us through the media is more-than-enough to make well-informed decisions as to who's the best candidate when nearly all of the "seasoned professional" TV and newspaper political analysts have their heads up their backsides.

And one of the many roots of the current debate is one of our future quality of life in American;
    McCain detractors claim he'll carry on the policies of George W. Bush and WORSE
    while
    Obama detractors try and make him look like the ubiquitious enemy we've been fighting (BS)
    for nearly eight years;Those responsible for 9/11;
    The politics of fear personified into one being (focused);A candidate for U.S. President.

Course people are going to quarrel and go nuts over shards of truth and piles of, well "news.";Our futures rest upon the next President (as we'd like to believe).

It goes even deeper than politics, media, and entertainment IMO. Its core principles, and I think I may have narrowed it down to one cause. Faith. Faith instills an ability to tolorate lies and hypocrisy. A child is conditioned to believe in Santa then discovers the truth. Then the child is conditioned to believe in the tooth fairy and then discovers the truth. A young adult is then conditioned to believe in getting educated to be part of this wonderful free world and later they discover the truth. And that [blind]faith in god, a core principle, is all they have left and is so deeply routed the lie becomes more important than all of the truth waiting to be discovered around them.

So now the population has been successfully conditioned to not seek true understanding, and not shun or challange hypocrisy.

Another possibility is that most people are offended when they find out that other people are smarter than they are. They spend all their lives working hard to become as smart as they can thinking they have all the answers and in an instant their answers can be challanged and debunked. The most conclusive evidence of this is "single mothers". Now, "single mothers" also includes childless single women with dog[s].

Want more? LOL The hormonal balance in american culture has shifted to a more estrogen laden paradigm. See - www.boysadrift.com This hampers constructive criticism for its intended purposes... gaining knowledge and strengthening.

And I could keep going and going and going and going........lol

Would love to weigh in on this but I would be acussed of trolling and res has a new rule.

Quote Originally Posted by MERL J

MerlJ,

This is simply a war between those who want change and smaller more responsible government, and less costly way of providing needed services and those who want to keep it the same, tax, spend,

It is a divide between the public and private sector, that my friend is the elephant in the room. Its the people vs the people who work for or benefit by your taxes ie. goverment.

The prevailing and wrong culture here is that government exists to provide employment for people. It is absurd and ultimately self destructive as we are finding out.

simple!

merl , I know you've been at gatherings of families & friends & when the subjects of religion or politics come up , what happens ? It's usually pretty volatile & these are from people who are your loved ones , so how do you think posters who you don't really know who are not afraid to hide their real opinions going to respond ? These gathering conjure up thoughts of behavior you can't believe until you experience them & I know we all have...........but in general , most posts & threads tend to be civil , until you stretch into the world of religion & politics , people will compromise on sports , dieting , restaurants , races , health issues , etc. , but not the other two.......oh they'll also compromise on the "world's oldest profession"
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Thread Information