Thread: Reelect No one.

Buffalo "...and I've got a fine horse under me", NY

Angry Reelect No one.

All right, I finally found someplace that maybe people can organize!

Look, when I was a kid, my mother (god rest her soul) threw a shovel at an Erie County Snowplow crew as they drove by and filled in the end of the driveway that she'd been shoveling for an hour, but I never understood why until last weekend. I had a better chance of seeing the Edmund Fitzgerald slide down my road than a plow....and this year is paid for already.

Given all this bump and grind with this slothful government that we allow to fester and have for years, isn't it about time to coordinate efforts and DO SOMETHING? I realize many have had it and are picking up and leaving, but damn, give it a shot 'fore you go at least.

I truly don't care whether you're a republican, democrat, gay, straight, black, white, christian, jew or miscellaneous...it is painfully obvious that the citizens must coordinate in some manner for the next election, come together and throw them all out JUST ONCE. Frankly, my legislator voted the way I wanted, but she has to go with all the rest for at least a term or two, just to get the message across. If we do not succeed, this areas' sour ground will never recover. It is economic activity (you know Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, Raliegh, Charlotte) that will turn this around, and the 'gubment' does not create jobs...companies do. That will never happen again here with the current economic environment, regulations, & taxes.

I have no political aspirations, but I would give anything to stand in a debate with any incumbent and just repeatedly whisper, "you're done. We've had it." I am 6'5" and 315 pounds. If these people can't find the pork chops, they need to move out of the way and let me in there. There needs to be an entire group of people, united in platform, that do the same thing and can work together once elected to cut all the political patronage, fraud, waste, and abuse...starting with the positions own salaries, staff, and perks.

Erie County is not in trouble because of rampaging librarians and too many deputies on the street. It's in trouble - and the state is too- for one simple reason.....the 'gubment' gets their share, period. Nevermind the steel mills, nevermind the railroads, nevermind the potholes....just keep us in power.

And with some cohesion and effort, this will come to a screeching halt.

Have you noticed that both the Executie and Deputy Executive won't be running again? Talk about rats leaving the ship.....

Primary Challenge
    101st Airborne...
    Hill 937...
    10May69...

...'nuff said.

Have you noticed that both the Executie and Deputy Executive won't be running again? Talk about rats leaving the ship

Now that should be quote of the week!

I'll give ya another....let's have some fun,, and see if anyone picks up where I left off, huh?

....Ashland Chemical, Bethlehem Steel, the Lehigh Valley, New York Central, Pennsylvania, Erie-Lackawanna, C&O, B&O, and South Buffalo railroads, Mobil Oil, Republic Steel, Occidental, Golddome, the Buffalo Braves, Trico, Bison Yard, Seneca Yard, Buffalo Malting Corp, Battenfeld American, Union Carbide, Curtiss-Wright & Bell Aircraft, Westinghouse, General Electric, Bordens, Ames, Hills, Grants, Woolco/Woolworths, AM&A's, Hens & Kellys, Twin Fair, Fisher-Price......

...everybody now! It's a song!
    101st Airborne...
    Hill 937...
    10May69...

...'nuff said.

ha hah ha hah. I can't stop laughing! Please make it stop!

I also noticed that the progression of exidus in your example flows from manufacturing to service industry. As it has and always does happen. That is a clear indicator that we are in trouble and the politicians don't care.

Our heads are so far below water that if anyone cared to throw a life line we could not reach it!

Look, I realize that it's not all the state's fault.. I mean, these companies didn't all leave or go out of business because of NY, but NY didn't help any. and the federal government should not be allowing the same Fisher-Price toys to come in from China or Mexico on so-called 'free-trade'.

I used to watch the trucks roll out of the East Aurora plant one after the other, (my mom worked in the Holland plant) and the railroad dropped off cars here and there.......now? Some kid in china watches that same activity, and his mother comes home from a job making plastic toys that should be filled by me and you.

Furthermore, we are the saps who run to walmart, buy the toys at a discount, and then bitch because we don't have a job. The CEO's of these outfits need to realize that they had better start dancing with who brung 'em, and the politicians need to get the hell out of the way and foster growth, not taxing every red cent of business.

Losing 3000 county workers is insignificant to the losses we have sustained since 1970, so I find no sympathy...welcome to the world you're living in today.

My father-in-law came up here in the 50's and could go from job to job to job on the lake front, with the hustle-muscle that was Buffalo...now you can go down there and hear a mouse fart.

Gubment didit.
    101st Airborne...
    Hill 937...
    10May69...

...'nuff said.

Originally posted by IAMGONEFROMHERE
    ha hah ha hah. I can't stop laughing! Please make it stop!

I also noticed that the progression of exidus in your example flows from manufacturing to service industry. As it has and always does happen. That is a clear indicator that we are in trouble and the politicians don't care.

Our heads are so far below water that if anyone cared to throw a life line we could not reach it!

Ha so that is why I see a faint glow emanating from below the waters of the abyss........

Sorry I had to........ I will not be laughing though when we have to cough up that extra 1%. Anyone keeping score... is it 9.25% percent they want now or is it just 9.0%..... or is it 8.25% percent or is that a good old 7.25%......... lets make it easy. Do I here a second to make it an even 10%. Less confusing. To the point. No Bsing around. Look pay the dime on the dollar. They could use the extra revenue and open up a CD account. Man all these poor people who have to change the POS. Thats a lotta cash registers.........

Hmmmmm POS business not looking so bad as an option right now..........

I've kept tabs....and we're really screwed because when they were trying to get it (1%) to keep the Bills here, everybody in the audience was bitching about the 1% that HADN'T SUNSETTED YET. Remember that one? So, yeah, we are really even more worse off than they let on. They REALLY have to crunch it.

I'd go for an even 10% if it's gonna get a road paved or some snow plowed, but the true test is if they can get the tax DOWN to 7%. When it goes up, everybody says, "I'm shopping in Niagara County!" Well, duh, if we lowered ours, they'd be coming here, huh?

All I know is, when airline ridership is down, they have fare wars. When the ridership on the metro rail is down, they RAISE the FARE.

Makes me wanna run right down there and catch a ride...these wizards.
    101st Airborne...
    Hill 937...
    10May69...

...'nuff said.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Losing 3000 county workers is insignificant to the losses we have sustained since 1970, so I find no sympathy...welcome to the world you're living in today.
    YOu have seen the light... we have too few causing the many to have hardships.. You think the county is an overburden, look at the state of ny

Battenfeld-Am

I worked there. Grease and Oil, didn't Niagara Lube buy them out ? I was there in the mid 80's. Took home 275 a week. Hard, hot work. Teamsters.

Thanks! I almost forgot...

...Nabisco, National Fuel, Cargill, Pierce Arrow, American Lumber, Griggs & Ball, Agway, Carborundum, and heaven only knows how many machine shops, diners, resturants, retail stores, repair shops, and other ancilliary businesses.....FLUSH......and it continues today.

Battenfeld was probably a typical industrial job, yes, but you were working and paying taxes....so was the company, and the company was making products, receiving by rail and truck, and shipping out...all economic activity and all jobs gone.

I thought Niagara Lube bought them out, but wasn't sure. Thanks.
    101st Airborne...
    Hill 937...
    10May69...

...'nuff said.

...Nabisco, National Fuel, Cargill, Pierce Arrow, American Lumber, Griggs & Ball, Agway, Carborundum, and heaven only knows how many machine shops, diners, resturants, retail stores, repair shops, and other ancilliary businesses.....FLUSH......and it continues today.

What about Henry & Henry?

What about Henry & Henry? [/B][/QUOTE]

As James Brown would say, "Hep me!"

Never heard of H&H before...what were they ? (excuse my youth)
    101st Airborne...
    Hill 937...
    10May69...

...'nuff said.

moonshine
    http://www.henryandhenry.com/

I can't believe they still have the same website (that I helped develop) since March 2000. Notice the .php3 extension. Old School!

Thread Information