Thread: Tomarrows Session

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Tomarrows Session

So how many people reading this are going to be at the meeting.

I'm going to be there.

I will watch it on TV . I don't think the county legislators are going vote to shut down county government. They will come up with the 10 votes and the county taxpayers will be paying more in sales taxes. I think that they will do that not because they are looking at solving the budget problem, but simply to put it out of sight and out of the taxpayer's minds for 1 year. If they keep running the county budget process like this , the county taxpayers could one day be looking at 15 to 20 % sales tax rates.

farmall806

If they manage to start a profound reform, with a cut off date set at one year, at which time the tax reverts back to 8.25, and the following year, 2006, back down to 7 cents, the loss of these funds compensated for by the money gained through said reforms, that could be a different story.
    Has anyone yet noticed the sharp rise in property taxes? Oh, you will. All this, with the layoffs and cutbacks throughout the system,with higher taxes, including the sales tax penny, More people on welfare and Medicaid and more leaving the area for better treatment from their government.
    And still our Joel and his buddies will drive around in county cars and all of the rest of the pork. And still the legislators don't know what to do.

Thanks, Gary Howell, for laying it out in black and white. This is the way it is, folks.
    Can I send a copy of this to Governor Patacki, Gary?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Has everyone gone and read this?

what we are talking about

I can't comprend how there are 9 people on the legislature that are even humoring a tax increase. It's like they can't really be this niave how it hurts WNY.

Here how they voted

How can they vote yes and allow this to continue while we all pay for it?

Do you know what Buffalo had going for it in 1905?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Get yourself a copy of the 1905 Buffalo Today Book.

It was published in 1905 by The Auspices of the Chamber of Commerce Buffalo, N.Y.

Why was this book published?

Merely to illustrate a portion of the industrial progress of Buffalo toward her inevitable destiny in the manufacturing world. Three immense, irresistible agencies are constantly operating to make this city the center of the greatest producing zone of the United States. Daniel Webster saw this in 1844 when, in a speech at Rochester, he said:
    “If the Thames had a fall of 250 feet within the limits of London, London would not be a town, it would be the whole world”
    The editor of the New York Times saw this when he wrote:
    “Buffalo must inevitably become the greatest milling and manufacturing city on earth”
    The Hon. Albert T. Shaw, when Consul to England, speaking of the English people, wrote to the United States Government in his report:
    They are of the opinion, as everybody else is who has made a study of the matter, that the great manufacturing city of the future is to be located on the banks of the Niagara River.”
    George Westinghouse, who is now considering the building of an immense plant on the banks of the Niagara, as far back as December 22, 1984, predicted the development, which is now evidence, and, on the occasion of his recent visit to Buffalo, he said:
    “Your locality possesses all the advantages of transportation facilities, and is most advantageously located as an assembling and distributing point for the whole country. From what I know of electricity and of its possibilities when generated by water power I expect to see a city extend along the entire Niagara Frontier which will astonish the world”

Apart from human energy and local enterprise, what are the three great agencies that are constantly advancing Buffalo as a manufacturing center?

1. Natural convenience of location.
    2. Unsurpassed transportation facilities by rail, canal, and lake for assembling of raw material and distribution of manufactured products.
    3. Unlimited hydraulic-electrical power.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

The story continues and is very interesting. We had a lot going for use except for one thing. Politicians in NYS/WNY who assume the only way to fix a problem is to through umlimited amounts of money at it over the years. Oh and they could our money like it was going of style. Multiple yes votes will just dig us deeper in the hole.

Yes-- in one of my communications classes I did a required presentation and I chose Buffalo, its past. It opened up my eyes.
    I thought I would impress the students from out of town and I ended up impressing myself. Not with myself but with our city.

Buffalo manufactured well over 100 different things, was considered the most exciting city on the horizon as far as potential. Needless to say I went way over the 15 min and almost failed--there was so much to tell!
    We were the first city to be electrified. I could go on for three hours about the wonderful city called Buffalo.

These people who choose to plunder it and Erie county have no shame or allegiance to it.

Thread Information