Thread: Cheektowaga to vote on cameras for park

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Cheektowaga to vote on cameras for park

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) - The Cheektowaga Town Board is expected to approve funding to put six new high-definition surveillance cameras in Cheektowaga Town Park at its meeting tonight.
    All but two of the cameras would have the capability of rotating 360 degrees.
    Read the full story ib WIVB

It will cost approximately $64,000 to install the cameras. The money will come from the town's asset forfeiture system - so taxpayers won't have to foot the bill.
    How much will it cost in "labor" to have these installed?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

this crime money so no charge to the TXP

It will cost approximately $64,000 to install the cameras. The money will come from the town's asset forfeiture system - so taxpayers won't have to foot the bill.

they have to do something the old cameras are to old and only around tennis courts and pool area. that whole area of cheektowaga is going down hill fast.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who will install these new camera's?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    this crime money so no charge to the TXP

they have to do something the old cameras are to old and only around tennis courts and pool area. that whole area of cheektowaga is going down hill fast.
    My neighborhood is pretty much maintaining itself as a middle class enclave. The only difference is that there a lot more black middle class homeowners than white middle class homeowners compared to 30 years ago.

Ironic that a retired black state trooper owns the George Urban plantation while I live in one of the former servant's homes at the bottom of the hill.....

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    My neighborhood is pretty much maintaining itself as a middle class enclave. The only difference is that there a lot more black middle class homeowners than white middle class homeowners compared to 30 years ago.

Ironic that a retired black state trooper owns the George Urban plantation while I live in one of the former servant's homes at the bottom of the hill.....
    ng its not that bad just the park attracts thugish people during park peak season.. CPD has their work cut out for them.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Who cares about the labor cost SAFTEY is more important than labor cost to install park cameras as long as they are implemented an used in the proper manor.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Who cares about the labor cost SAFTEY is more important than labor cost to install park cameras as long as they are implemented an used in the proper manor.
    Cameras don't stop crime - they just help police catch the criminals.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Here is how I look at it.

as example... and remember I have no clue if camera installation is being bidded out or if they are just gonna use park workers at inflated rates to do the camera installs.

We can spend 20,000 in "labor" or 5,000 in "labor". We spend $5,000 in labor that will give us $15,000 left over for lets say pot hole repair, or walkers for the seniors, or flaminos etc...

Lot of you people don't have a clue... Riven? DId you get your sign?

If there is a bid for 64K then the bid should include labor and instillation.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbyapple View Post
    If there is a bid for 64K then the bid should include labor and instillation.
    I heard one of our board members had a bocce ball court installed for upwards of $12,000. I looked on line and they start off at 595 and up... And what I saw looked like a legit bocce ball court unless ours is lit up for night, maybe a ball carrier and washer.. know what i mean

cameras are fine if they can really catch people up to no good.

Thread Information