Thread: Fundraiser for my friend Lisa's son Talon on 8/16 in Alden

Fundraiser for my friend Lisa's son Talon on 8/16 in Alden

Lisa and Erid have a son who was finally diagnosed after almost a year of no answers and lots of doctors no thinking there was a problem. Talon has a rare genetic disorder called Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome. Talon turned one year old on July 5th and weighs only 12 lbs. He has several serious complications due to this condition and will undergo his first surgery on Aug 18th.

A spaghetti dinner is being organized for him to help raise money because the family is struggling financially due to medical bills and co-pays. It is August 16th from 5-8pm at Alden Community Church on the corner of Broadway & Sullivan in Alden. The cost is $10 a ticket and you can contact Jenni at 716-239-1842 or email her at Griffs102 @ aol. com to get tickets.

Lisa is a stay at home mom to 6 children: five biological and one is her sister whom she has raised for a very long time. There really is no way for Lisa to be able to go back to work at this time with all the help Talon needs. Her husband Erik works extra hours and takes on odd jobs when he can. Lisa is the glue keeping the family together. She had to give up her at-home business. She's applied to Social Security for Talon and was told the wait could be up to 2 years, and the wait for Medicaid is at least 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you
    Lisa and Erid have a son who was finally diagnosed after almost a year of no answers and lots of doctors no thinking there was a problem. Talon has a rare genetic disorder called Wolf Hirschhorn Syndrome. Talon turned one year old on July 5th and weighs only 12 lbs. He has several serious complications due to this condition and will undergo his first surgery on Aug 18th.

A spaghetti dinner is being organized for him to help raise money because the family is struggling financially due to medical bills and co-pays. It is August 16th from 5-8pm at Alden Community Church on the corner of Broadway & Sullivan in Alden. The cost is $10 a ticket and you can contact Jenni at 716-239-1842 or email her at Griffs102 @ aol. com to get tickets.

Lisa is a stay at home mom to 6 children: five biological and one is her sister whom she has raised for a very long time. There really is no way for Lisa to be able to go back to work at this time with all the help Talon needs. Her husband Erik works extra hours and takes on odd jobs when he can. Lisa is the glue keeping the family together. She had to give up her at-home business. She's applied to Social Security for Talon and was told the wait could be up to 2 years, and the wait for Medicaid is at least 5 months.

i'll donate a bunch of cigars and a cutter....pm me if interested...

Thank you BPP, that's very kind of you! I've PMed you.

Thread Information