Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At least we'll all be broke together

At least we'll all be broke together

I have two unopened IRA statements in my kitchen. I'm really not in the mood to see how little money I have.

Now, today's news with the banks pretty much assures me that next quarter's statements wont be any better.

And, now Budweiser is no longer American.

This Country needs some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I switched my auto insurance to Geico?
    (actually I have Esurance another Buffet company).

As was told to me by individual who believes they are the wisest.

"What are you doing wrong? Why do you look for an excuse for your short comings? Gotta look at what you are doing wrong my man. Stop trying to blame the government for YOUR problems when there are plenty who do just fine. You just don't hear from them because they are not complainers....hmmm you think thats why they got ahead???

My 403b plan has lost 2,000 dollars over the last year.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by GG716
    I switched my auto insurance to Geico?
    (actually I have Esurance another Buffet company).

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy

"What are you doing wrong? Why do you look for an excuse for your short comings? Gotta look at what you are doing wrong my man. Stop trying to blame the government for YOUR problems when there are plenty who do just fine. You just don't hear from them because they are not complainers....hmmm you think thats why they got ahead???
    Sheesh LHardy -- way to be kind.

I can guarantee you that there are plenty of other people out there worried about their retirement savings. If you don't hear them, it's because you're not listening.

I have two unopened IRA statements in my kitchen. I'm really not in the mood to see how little money I have.

Now, today's news with the banks pretty much assures me that next quarter's statements wont be any better.

I opened mine on Saturday,two quarters down,hey if we were public sector the taxpayer would make up our lose! I am drinking Yengling from now on made in USA

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Sheesh LHardy -- way to be kind.

I can guarantee you that there are plenty of other people out there worried about their retirement savings. If you don't hear them, it's because you're not listening.
    Sheesh atotaltotalfan -- way to be over reactionary.

We have input into our investments. Unless your referring to SS which the Democrat party is unwilling to fix via self investment control by those who invest their own earnings. Now that is what you should be worried about.

Stocks are a gamble no matter who you are and if your in it for the long haul with diversity in your portfolio. This storm will pass. and
    If your investments are not working out find new ones.

My mutual funds have taken a crap.
    My stock in NFG has done quite well through the years and more than makes up for any loss

I'm really not in the mood to see how little money I have.

You have no one to blame but yourself if you are upset about your investments. Government schooling should have taught you everything you need to know about retiring with a union pension plan.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

would it be a bad time to mention my 401k is up (an anemic) 4% this year

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes
    You have no one to blame but yourself if you are upset about your investments. Government schooling should have taught you everything you need to know about retiring with a union pension plan.
    Do you two bother reading what other people post, before you reply?
    When did I say that I was blaming anyone but myself?

I was just venting, so get off your soap boxes.

Do you two bother reading what other people post, before you reply?
    When did I say that I was blaming anyone but myself?

I was just venting, so get off your soap boxes.
    And I wasn't taking a shot at you so get off your high horse.

Did you bother to read what I posted? No. I gave an example of what was said to me for making a similar general comment such as you made. Hell I even gave you the link.

Nickle and Dimed

Get this, I had physical therapy a few times, paid the copays in cash, didn't bother to keep the receipts b/c, I've got this disorder, it's called "trusting people" then I got a bill for $60 for the three copays I already paid. I'm on the 3rd and final notice and I'm going to have to pay it again!

I am not giving financial advice but there is one rule about investing that has almost never failed.

DIVERSIFY

That doesn't mean just purchase different index funds but different investments. I have heard good things about a book called "Fail-Safe Investing" by Harry Browne.

If you have proper diversity in your investments then if one part of your portfolio drops in value then another part should increase to compensate.

Or you could just run to mommy government and cry that the other children are not playing fair and mommy government will then steal money from everyone employ some moron bureaucrats and make everyone poorer except for the people who are friends of the anointed ones (aka elected representatives).
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information