Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: President Obama

Unregistered

Thumbs down President Obama

How can you elect someone who disrespects our national anthem?

I usually don't hold my hand over my heart while singing the anthem. Are you saying that I hate (disrespect) America? or are we having a little faux outrage as a garnish on our breakfast plate this morning?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    I usually don't hold my hand over my heart while singing the anthem.
    Are you running for the highest office in the United States of America?
    I would like any would be president to have some semblance of patriotism to our country. Why would I vote for someone who has no respect for this country? A removal of a hat or right hand over the heart shows respect. Obama's actions do not convey respect. There was a day when this type of conduct would have been shunned, and rightfully so.
    I'm not going to debate this issue with you because I do not have the time or desire to. I say this so when you ask your questions and I do not answer them you know that I am pre-evading you and not merely ignoring you
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I'm more pissed about the singing of the anthem! It reminded me of the Rosanne Barr spitting incident.

First, the singer should be euthanized. It's the humane thing to do. Second, why doesn't he put his right hand up, what does that mean exactly when everyone is except for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    How can you elect someone who disrespects our national anthem?

Just curious , was this video "run" through snopes.com ? Seems there's been a lot of conflicting info on the sequence of events leading up to before , during , & after this "pledge" ? I'm too lazy to go to the Urban Legends site , forgive me............to hot & humid......
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

I'll bet the son-of-a-bitch doesn't even wear a pink ribbon or a yellow bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    I would like any would be president to have some semblance of patriotism to our country. Why would I vote for someone who has no respect for this country? A removal of a hat or right hand over the heart shows respect. Obama's actions do not convey respect. There was a day when this type of conduct would have been shunned, and rightfully so.
    I'm not going to debate this issue with you because I do not have the time or desire to. I say this so when you ask your questions and I do not answer them you know that I am pre-evading you and not merely ignoring you
    a)coward
    b)hypocrite
    c)why does your degree of patriotism have anything to do with whether you're running for office or not?
    d)sophistry

(those were words describing mesue...not obama)
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    a)coward
    b)hypocrite
    c)why does your degree of patriotism have anything to do with whether you're running for office or not?
    d)sophistry

(those were words describing mesue...not obama)
    takes one to know one
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Really? There was a "day" when holding you hand over your heart was protocol for the national anthem? Or does that day only apply to Obama? It's interesting how you people cannot even keep the syupid smears straight. This originally was an "outrage" because people said this was during the pledge of allegiance, which you might hold your hand on your heart. When that got debunked, you just made up another one. Classy and intelligent. Gotta love this place.
    That's because you are arguing a BS issue. No need to evade, you don't have an answer or argument anyways that isn't rooted in utter nonsense..

Hey guys, did you hear he's a secret muslim?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    Really? There was a "day" when holding you hand over your heart was protocol for the national anthem?
    Yes, it was actually taught in the public schools. As was flag handling. Second grade stuff actually. PS #38 Miss Camp.
    Or does that day only apply to Obama?
    He's about my age, so yes. (actually, he's a little older)
    It's interesting how you people cannot even keep the syupid smears straight.
    yeah, I'm the one that is "syupid"
    This originally was an "outrage" because people said this was during the pledge of allegiance, which you might hold your hand on your heart. When that got debunked, you just made up another one. Classy and intelligent. Gotta love this place.
    Yeah, you're one classy and intelligent guy.

That's because you are arguing a BS issue. No need to evade, you don't have an answer or argument anyways that isn't rooted in utter nonsense..
    Loyalty and patriotism are not nonsense issues.
    Hey guys, did you hear he's a secret muslim?
    He's a secret white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    I'm more pissed about the singing of the anthem! It reminded me of the Rosanne Barr spitting incident.
    That's very classy of you to say.

It's this petty crap that really gets me, "ohhh his hand is not over his heart" I seem to remember Bill Clinton's hand on the bible swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth, so help me God, as he proceded to lie under oath. Same can said for Bush skewing "intelligence" to justify a war, A WAR!

Obama sang along with his hands folded; I don't see any disrespect.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    Just curious , was this video "run" through snopes.com ? Seems there's been a lot of conflicting info on the sequence of events leading up to before , during , & after this "pledge" ? I'm too lazy to go to the Urban Legends site , forgive me............to hot & humid......
    Funny you ask that. Snopes is where I discovered it.

Unregistered
    According to the US flag code, during a rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, ALL present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/h...1----000-.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information