Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you opinions on the Buffalo News and other local Papers endorsing Candidates

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What are you opinions on the Buffalo News and other local Papers endorsing Candidates

What are you opinions on the Buffalo News and other local Papers endorsing Candidates

My opinion is they should not. They can list each endorsement of reporters or the editors themselves but not as a "paper".

Neither the reporters nor the regular editors handle endorsements. Endorsements are made by a board that doesn't get involved with the day-to-day coverage. I worked 15 years at The News and only once was contacted by a memer of the Editorial Board -- and that was to check a fact regarding one of my stories.

That said, the practice of endorsing should end,IMO. No one really pays attention anyway, and it just makes readers think the paper is biased.

Yea, endorsements are typically done by the "editorial board," and not by the paper itself.

b.b.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My opinion is it hurts readership because you alienate segments of your readers.

If the "paper" endorses democrats you alienate rep and minor parties.. and the other way around if they endorse republicans.

I think the best thing our Buffalo News can do is no endorsements this year.

Just lay out the facts and let the community they serve vote for themselves.

The problem with these "endorsements" is that they are bought and paid for, and not particularly with money - they are meaningless to me. The most meaningless are those by other politicians!

Unfortunately, with a massive group of "politically ignorant" voters, I think they so sway some voters to the editorial boards agenda.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

I very seldom vote for the candidates, that the so called political experts from the Press and the Unions have endorsed .
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

I thought the Buffalo News' endorsement today of Poloncarz was pretty humorous. They basically said "Poloncarz is a scumbag but we're endorsing him anyway".

Geez!!!!!
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    I thought the Buffalo News' endorsement today of Poloncarz was pretty humorous. They basically said "Poloncarz is a scumbag but we're endorsing him anyway".

Geez!!!!!
    They basically said Poloncarz will raise your taxes but, we can fight him and in the end, he will only be able to raise our taxes by, like 2%. This, after stating that Collins has "razor sharp fiscal discipline. What the hell?

He can only raise our taxes 2% per year, UNLESS the legislature has 60% votes to raise taxes more. If Colonparts gets elected, fasten your seat belts and assume the crash position.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

The News says "the Crisis in the Buffalo & Erie County Libraries [I]Was brought on soley by Collins[I] and his decision to 'slash' funding". history, however proves that Joel Giambra began "right-sizing" a glut of Public libraries, I believe the News, at that time ran a story on the enormity of neighborhood libraries in comparison to other locales. chris Collins is trimming the budget, not unlike many other municipalities. NYC is doing thensame thing - it makes good fiscal sense. here are a couple examples of reality...

Http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/hom...state.html.csp
    A quick Google search tells us that public funding for libraries is being cut in California due to budget deficits.

NYC is cutting funding to its libraries, which manifests tself in reduced hours. These days its all about computer access. z third of all Americans use the libraries for access to the internet. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-ne..._b_566545.html

I still think 95% of voters ha e their minds made up ling before the news or given info from those polls, they don't sway voters, the only time they can sway voters is when the national media take up a hero & you read or see nothing but great things a out them, & poor things of their opponents.....
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Would you consider the News and the like Liberal or Conservative?

Then I will give you my opinion.

Democrat..pro union was great until it became a national then world economy.......
    Now they are killing us.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And then the Buffalo wonders why readership/advertising drops.

Maybe a few don't care who the paper endorses but a lot do.

It's interesting, the anti-Collins comments on the Buffalo News website are always written by the same people. I did some googling (is that really a word?) and found that many are Democratic operatives or linked to operatives. For example, Carmen Bartolotta, who always has a lot to say, is most likely related to Katie Bartolotta, one of Colonparts campaign managers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information