Thread: Electric Bills About To Spike

Electric Bills About To Spike

OUCH.... what else is going to go up..................

From Alaska to Georgia and Wyoming to Florida, utilities are seeking permission to pass on hundreds of millions of dollars in new charges to customers to help upgrade aging infrastructure and build new or retrofitted power plants that comply with tougher environmental regulations, a Daily Beast review of regulatory filings has found.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-upgrades.html
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Shouldn't effect us... You can't get more environmentally friendly that the dam in niagarafalls. Didn't they do some upgrades in the last 15 years or so?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Shouldn't effect us... You can't get more environmentally friendly that the dam in niagarafalls. Didn't they do some upgrades in the last 15 years or so?
    I sure hope so. I CANNOT pay any more! My gas bills are about $150 a month and I FREEZE! I block off my hallway because I spend most time in my LR. Seems to me there should be a cap on utilities. Actually my electric wasn't bad this summer even though I have a window air conditioner because I was very selective about when I ran it. My budget was $94. I do have a LARGE toaster over that I use a lot because my stove oven doesn't work.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

My gas bills are about $150 a month and I FREEZE!
    Maybe you should look into making your house more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Maybe you should look into making your house more efficient.
    I live in a mobile home. What more can I say!
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    OUCH.... what else is going to go up..................

From Alaska to Georgia and Wyoming to Florida, utilities are seeking permission to pass on hundreds of millions of dollars in new charges to customers to help upgrade aging infrastructure and build new or retrofitted power plants that comply with tougher environmental regulations, a Daily Beast review of regulatory filings has found.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-upgrades.html
    NYSEG got their rate increase approved last year. From 9/25/10-12/31/11- 2.5% delivery charge rate increase, 1/01/12-12/31/12 -4.2% delivery charge rate increase and 1/01/13-12/31/13- 4.3% delivery charge rate increase. 11% over 3 years which effects those of us who have an alternative electrical supplier, since it's on the delivery not the commodity.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    I live in a mobile home. What more can I say!
    Ouch, I average $200 per month combined for gas and electric in a 2200 sqft house.

I'm safe .... during summer time less than 30.00 bucks during winter months less than 80.00 bucks...I keep all house lights off, watch TV in the dark, I use auto night lights throughout my house . Its a shame we live next door to niagara falls and we pay big electric bills, someone is liying to everyone. It seems to me America is going backwards and not forwards. I see those old time oil lamps being sold in more places which I use sometimes. I'm thinking of selling my house, buy a piece of land and put up a military field tent to live in.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    except don't we in WNY get our power from coal plants? I thought all the hydro power was sent downstate and even into other states
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    except don't we in WNY get our power from coal plants? I thought all the hydro power was sent downstate and even into other states
    Well that is half ass backwards. Why would a state resource not go to the state where it is first and the rest of the states second?

Sadly sharky is correct. Only pockets of wny are hooked up to the falls. 98% around here get their power. From the two fossil fuel plants.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

We haven't turned on our heat since moving to VA. Although it does get cold, we have a fireplace and we live on the second floor above an older couple, so that helps.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I have heard this before too. Hydro power goes downstate and we get it off coal burners.

Thread Information