Thread: Giza's purported list of accomplishments

Giza's purported list of accomplishments

Here is Giza's purported list of accomplishments since becoming supervisor.

We have only SPENT more money since the police merger.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post

Gorja, where did you get this accomplishment list from? Is it from a piece of campaign litterature?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Gorja, where did you get this accomplishment list from? Is it from a piece of campaign litterature?
    It's from Giza's Facebook page. This preceded the list.

Giza's Facebook comment-
    With the election day only one month away, I thought it would be a good idea to share a list of accomplishments and progressions Lancaster has made since I have had the honor of serving as Town Supervisor. I also want to take the time to thank all of you for your unbelievable support and to the scores of volunteers---a special Thanks! I have been getting so much positive feedback as I reach out to voters and now its time to finish strong! Nov 8th- PLEASE VOTE!

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post

Comments to the above:

1) Lancaster is a great place to live, but #2 in York State is quite a stretch.

2) Although residential growth has slowed down, the town is indeed growing and so are the taxes.

3) Local residents is key. It is still use of taxpayer money and we in turn are contributing to projects elsewhere. Political BS!

4) $125,000 donation from TOPS. In turn TOPS received another huge IDA. Quid pro quo!

5) Waterline project (as well as Penora pumping station) came about because of residents attending Town Board meetings and complaining for years about low water pressure and the danger of firefighting. Giza at one time stated that the town wanted to get out of the water business - like the sewer business. Thanks to Dan Amatura this project became a reality and the town will continue to maintain the system.

6) While OEM may be considered best, our library needs a lot of attention. It is odd man out when it comes to the town spending money. The building is the town's responsibility. It is easier and more convenient to put the blame game on the county.

7) Although I have never been in the Senior Center I hear it is quite dirty. The people that work there are not happy with the services provided by Mr. McCracken's crew.

8) I have never been in the Youth Bureau Building. I hear politicos and hired guns speak well of the department. Have never seen or heard a report (benchmark) on whether any of the substance abuse programs serve the community as well as touted.

9) Town Parks are great. Not as well kept as in the past.

10) Are we safer with the merger, how do we know? Got any facts to substantiate that?

Saving taxpayers money, you have to be kidding. The Town Board was asked numerous times by residents attending meetings to substantiate such claim. The town's answer: "It's in ther."

The first year after the merger (2004) the police fund budget was $6.01 million. In 2001 it wa $9.1 million. That is a 50% increase over seven years. And, the town has bonded $10 million for a new police facility that will cost taxpayers $12 million over time because of interest payments and we still own the Walden Avenue Colecraft Building which will cost us another $3 million over time - $1.93 bond, $727,000 in interest payment and additional hundreds of thousands of dollars due to taking the building off the tax rolls, maintenance, etc. This eight plus year police / courts project has wasted millions of taxpayers money. And three of the Town Board members who were on this project from the get-go continue to serve on the board.

11) Our fire departments should be state of the art as our fire contracts have been very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Comments to the above:

1) Lancaster is a great place to live, but #2 in York State is quite a stretch.

2) Although residential growth has slowed down, the town is indeed growing and so are the taxes.

3) Local residents is key. It is still use of taxpayer money and we in turn are contributing to projects elsewhere. Political BS!

4) $125,000 donation from TOPS. In turn TOPS received another huge IDA. Quid pro quo!

5) Waterline project (as well as Penora pumping station) came about because of residents attending Town Board meetings and complaining for years about low water pressure and the danger of firefighting. Giza at one time stated that the town wanted to get out of the water business - like the sewer business. Thanks to Dan Amatura this project became a reality and the town will continue to maintain the system.

6) While OEM may be considered best, our library needs a lot of attention. It is odd man out when it comes to the town spending money. The building is the town's responsibility. It is easier and more convenient to put the blame game on the county.

7) Although I have never been in the Senior Center I hear it is quite dirty. The people that work there are not happy with the services provided by Mr. McCracken's crew.

8) I have never been in the Youth Bureau Building. I hear politicos and hired guns speak well of the department. Have never seen or heard a report (benchmark) on whether any of the substance abuse programs serve the community as well as touted.

9) Town Parks are great. Not as well kept as in the past.

10) Are we safer with the merger, how do we know? Got any facts to substantiate that?

Saving taxpayers money, you have to be kidding. The Town Board was asked numerous times by residents attending meetings to substantiate such claim. The town's answer: "It's in ther."

The first year after the merger (2004) the police fund budget was $6.01 million. In 2001 it wa $9.1 million. That is a 50% increase over seven years. And, the town has bonded $10 million for a new police facility that will cost taxpayers $12 million over time because of interest payments and we still own the Walden Avenue Colecraft Building which will cost us another $3 million over time - $1.93 bond, $727,000 in interest payment and additional hundreds of thousands of dollars due to taking the building off the tax rolls, maintenance, etc. This eight plus year police / courts project has wasted millions of taxpayers money. And three of the Town Board members who were on this project from the get-go continue to serve on the board.

11) Our fire departments should be state of the art as our fire contracts have been very generous.
    Great post, Lee, exposing the lies about the Town band shell monies and the alleged taxpayer savings due to the police merger. There are other items on that list that are just matters of opinion but the band shell and police merger statements were out right lies.

Georgia L Schlager

In the Lancaster Bee I read with amusement a letter to the editor from a Mr. Farmer titled: Giza is doing things right as supervisor

I wanted to help Mr. Farmer with some clarifying and then I have a question too.

1. Farmer asked"Do you like the new bike path that goes through Westwood Park? Mr. Farmer the Park has a walking path that has been there for some time. What is new is the Heritage Trail that goes four miles to Townline Road. This nature, walking, bike path is new and the residents love the path. The town has sat on the grant to construct this path for many years and finally it came to fruition. Grant monies cost the country, so this money has come at a cost to every taxpayer. Good money well spent. But it costs the taxpayers money everytime it needs maintaining. Unfortunately, they close it down for the fall due to hunting so we loose a good season for hiking.

2. "When was the last time you went to Walmart?" Farmer asked. I went to Walmart only once when it first opened up. I compared a game to Target, I ended up buying at Target because at Walmart the game was $20 more. I am not a Walmart fan.

3. "Have you ever been to the Lancaster Industrial Park?" Farmer asked. Wait do we have one? Is he talking about the Commerce Park that is vacant and the IDA & HUD subsidized this park costing taxpayers a lot of money? Is there such a park somewhere and I am not aware of?

4. "Bob knows every nook and cranny..." He sure does, anyone who has been on the town board for 30 years, I would expect to know his town. But don't you think that after 30 years, it's time for new blood?

Kuddo's to Fudoli for make decisions when voting to downsize, rodent control and fiscal constraints where necessary. We cannot continue at the pace we are going.

Giza's list of purported accomplishments:

The article in the paper today puts "mafia style tactics" right up there as No. 1.

When you feel threatened by an opposing party running on the issues, use Giza's goons to run you over.

Best place to live came in 2nd...live with mafia style mindsets as No. 2

The Band Shell, Bob Giza and his kids & grandson's can go and announce to the Lancaster people how low can some go when running in an election to get votes. No. 3

OEM needs volunteers, I think Giza croonies should go and volunteer on how to handle a crisis and treat people with humanitarian compassion. No. 4

Town parks that are well kept and safe--except watch out around the trees you might find Nick & Ronny taking you down. No. 5

The Volunteer Fire Dept. needs to put the fire out.....on Giza & Co. So they can come back to reality and realize that they just cost themselves the election. No. 6

Thread Information