Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assemblymember Peoples Traveling to Beijing

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Assemblymember Peoples Traveling to Beijing

News from
    Assemblymember
    Crystal D. Peoples
    141st Assembly District

Assemblymember Peoples Traveling to Beijing, China as Part of Trade Mission to China with Other State Legislators

April 17, 2008

Buffalo – Assemblymember Crystal D. Peoples announced today that she will be traveling next week to Beijing, Hangzhou and Shanghai, China as part of the 2008 New York State Legislators Trade Mission to China. The trip, hosted by John Wang, President of the Asian American Business Development Center, is part of an ongoing effort to promote greater New York- China trade development.

The Office of Senate Minority Leader Malcolm T. Smith is the Legislators’ liaison in the coordination of this trip. Assemblymember Peoples was invited to be a Delegate along with Assemblymember Dennis Gabryszak (143rd District) and NYC Councilman Larry Seabrook. The delegation will be briefed on the rapidly developing business environments and market conditions of the most economically developed cities and provinces in China.

Additionally, the delegation will discuss and explore cooperation with provincial leaders to facilitate increasing business and trade activities between New York State and the various provinces they will visit. The week-long visit will allow Assemblymember Peoples and the other delegates the opportunity to experience China’s economic progress and prosperity first-hand and allow a better understanding between people of two different countries. The trade mission is organized with special assistance and support by the Chinese Consulate General in New York and coordinated by the Chinese Peoples’ Institute of Foreign Affairs.

Peoples said, “The fact remains that the U.S. continues to partner with China in widespread trade and foreign affairs. The State can develop better relationships by seeing first hand the business environments and market conditions that are often broadcast in our media. I believe this opportunity is a great experience for me and other legislators to work towards a better state, one that is geared to increasing economic opportunities in our communities and lead towards a better economic future for Buffalo. The trip has not been funded using any tax-payer money. ”

Once they came back didn't they realized they should just quit from the assembly a let more qualified people represent our business interests?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Once they came back didn't they realized they should just quit from the assembly a let more qualified people represent our business interests?
    You kidding???????!!!!!!!!

After leaving this dump and going there she came home figuring Communism really works!

Crystal Peoples in China. What next she say I want axe you long time.

Did she invite them to come back to her district and show the people of China the wonderful work she's done here??????
    Last edited by Enough; June 30th, 2008 at 09:29 PM.

The only thing that stinks more than the streets of Beijing, Guangzhou, or Tianjin is the presence of Crystal Peoples in an enclosed room. For the life of me, I can't figure out why a podunk-town councilmember has any businesses enriching their IRS deductions with a taxpayer supplied trip to an Asian country.

There are numerous Buffalo based entrepreneurs coordinating trade with China. Why should Crystal Peoples, a woman who continually uses her constituency as a credit card, expect to increase trade with our Chinese friends when she, herself, can't even be successful in the private sector?

Luckily, our Chinese friends are much more intelligent than this louse who managed to board a plane with the help of taxpayer dollars. I'd love to hear the jokes they are telling about her after she leaves the room.

On the bright side, at least Michelle Iannello didn't go. They would have had her dancing on a pole within 10 minutes of the plane landing.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It was stated no tax payer funds were used.

It was stated no tax payer funds were used.
    Wanna bet?

I did not know that New York had foreign relations with China
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes
    Wanna bet?
    any way to find out?

Do you think Dennis Gabryszak taught the Chinese how to not pay their taxes for three years and use the excuse "Iforgot" eventhough the tax receiver's office was right next to his Supervisor office?

No because they would of cut his head off over there.

That is one usless politician!

any way to find out?
    If memory serves, a public official's tax returns are open to public inquiry.

Great that everyone here complains about the business climate. So one of our representatives (whether you like her or not) proactively tries to improve business volume and cooperation...and all you can do is complain.

What was my old signature...."You're just bitching by habit"
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Great that everyone here complains about the business climate. So one of our representatives (whether you like her or not) proactively tries to improve business volume and cooperation...and all you can do is complain.

What was my old signature...."You're just bitching by habit"

Seriously?

She went a couple of months ago...where is a report of her findings? What actions has she taken since coming back from her taxpayer funded vacation to China?

From what I can tell, ZERO action has been taken by anyone on that trip in response to the trip. Do you buy whatever is being sold to you.

Do you really think a bunch of WNY political hacks with close to ZERO business experience is going to somehow "break the code" on China? I doubt it...so should you.

Now see if someone like Chris Collins went, he could have worked out something as a local political figure and a business owner. Maybe some type of consulting package with Buffalo China on quality measures. Who knows.

The truth is these people met with business leaders from a world power and should not have been in the room.

It would be like sending Timmy or CGood as the ambassador of WNY to Europe on culture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information