Thread: Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day

To all the dad's and grand dad's out there.
    I hope your day is special and filled with events that make for great memories for both you and your children and grandchildren.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    To all the dad's and grand dad's out there.
    I hope your day is special and filled with events that make for great memories for both you and your children and grandchildren.

Screw this day !
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I'm not a dad ( but I don't throw stones at "Father Baker's) , and my dad "went home" 30 years ago , but I still want to wish all the dads & even grandfathers out there a VERY special day for ya.................
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Ah......???

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    Screw this day !

sad that you feel that way....i'll remember my grandfather,my dad,and my three sons will honor me....i must've done something right....

God bless all of you who are dads,and to all of you who have a father I ask you enjoy him while he is still on this side of the bar. What I wouldnt give to hear those sea stories again pop. He gave me this wonderful gift of fishin' when I was just barely old enough to tie my shoes. So, give tribute and thanks to your dad or whomever may have had a positive influence in your life.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	salute.gif 
Views:	39 
Size:	291 Bytes 
ID:	1971

I just had to dig this up

Some of you may remember Paul Harvey’s radio broadcasts with “the rest of the story.” I don’t know, are those still on any more? I found this some years back and love it: it’s one of my favorite pieces about fathers (though of course the theology here and there is off — but I am posting it for the sentiment about fathers).

A father is a thing that is forced to endure childbirth, without an anesthetic.

A father is a thing that growls when it feels good–and laughs loud when it’s scared half to death.

A father never feels entirely worthy of worship in his child’s eyes. He never is quite the hero his daughter thinks, never quite the man his son believes him to be. This worries him, sometimes, so he works too hard to try and smooth the rough places in the road for those of his own who will follow him.

A father is a thing that gets very angry when school grades aren’t as good as he thinks they should be. He scolds his son although he knows it’s the teacher’s fault.

Fathers grow old faster than other people.

And while mothers can cry where it shows, fathers stand there and beam outside–and die inside. Fathers have very stout hearts, so they have to be broken sometimes or no one would know what is inside. Fathers give daughters away to other men who aren’t nearly good enough so they can have grandchildren who are smarter than anybody’s. Fathers fight dragons almost daily. They hurry away from the breakfast table, off to the arena which is sometimes called an office or a workshop…where they tackle the dragon with three heads: Weariness, Work and Monotony.

Knights in shining armor.

Fathers make bets with insurance companies about who will live the longest. Though they know the odds, they keep right on betting. Even as the odds get higher and higher, they keep right on betting more and more.

And one day they lose.

But fathers enjoy an earthly immortality and the bet is paid off to the part of him he leaves behind.

I don’t know where fathers go when they die. But I have an idea that after a good rest, he won’t be happy unless there is work to do. He won’t just sit on a cloud and wait for the girl he’s loved and the children she bore. He’ll be busy there, too…oiling the gates, smoothing the way.

Unregistered
    Happy tie and cheap tools day everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Some of you may remember Paul Harvey’s radio broadcasts with “the rest of the story.” I don’t know, are those still on any more? I found this some years back and love it: it’s one of my favorite pieces about fathers (though of course the theology here and there is off — but I am posting it for the sentiment about fathers).

A father is a thing that is forced to endure childbirth, without an anesthetic.

A father is a thing that growls when it feels good–and laughs loud when it’s scared half to death.

A father never feels entirely worthy of worship in his child’s eyes. He never is quite the hero his daughter thinks, never quite the man his son believes him to be. This worries him, sometimes, so he works too hard to try and smooth the rough places in the road for those of his own who will follow him.

A father is a thing that gets very angry when school grades aren’t as good as he thinks they should be. He scolds his son although he knows it’s the teacher’s fault.

Fathers grow old faster than other people.

And while mothers can cry where it shows, fathers stand there and beam outside–and die inside. Fathers have very stout hearts, so they have to be broken sometimes or no one would know what is inside. Fathers give daughters away to other men who aren’t nearly good enough so they can have grandchildren who are smarter than anybody’s. Fathers fight dragons almost daily. They hurry away from the breakfast table, off to the arena which is sometimes called an office or a workshop…where they tackle the dragon with three heads: Weariness, Work and Monotony.

Knights in shining armor.

Fathers make bets with insurance companies about who will live the longest. Though they know the odds, they keep right on betting. Even as the odds get higher and higher, they keep right on betting more and more.

And one day they lose.

But fathers enjoy an earthly immortality and the bet is paid off to the part of him he leaves behind.

I don’t know where fathers go when they die. But I have an idea that after a good rest, he won’t be happy unless there is work to do. He won’t just sit on a cloud and wait for the girl he’s loved and the children she bore. He’ll be busy there, too…oiling the gates, smoothing the way.
    Cgood,
    Nice post And happy Fathers Day to all of the fathers out there. I hope your day was a good one.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Pretty good fathers day for me today, finished it off by going to texas roadhouse grill mmmm .

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    Pretty good fathers day for me today, finished it off by going to texas roadhouse grill mmmm .

You
    like barbeque? Imagine that.

Happy Father's Day, BTT.

Hope all of you that are fathers or still have fathers had a great day.........my dad still lives in my heart , I enjoyed the day with good thoughts of him , shared them with my mom & sisters.........
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Thread Information