To draw up a rendering of a leg kicking a pig in the butt that will be used as a template to make a wooden statuette to be mounted on a pole. You see the pigs are at it again. By that I mean a local cable company is raising their cable rates for the sixth time in four years. I vowed two rate increases ago to dump them but I never got around to researching my alternative choices for high speed Internet access and TV programming provider options. Like so many other people I just paid the increase amount and thought about looking at other options while moaning about it. I feel it is now time to do something about it instead.

How this all came to be one might ask. Well, you see, I blew a gasket while watching the January 14 evening local news clip showing a representative from certain cable company sitting at the Buffalo common council meeting giving the bad news about the rate increase to all Buffalo residents. This cable company representative went on to express how much they would like to remain part of part Buffalo. Immediately I thought to myself man wait a minute if this guy is announcing a rate increase for Buffalo cable rate that means the suburbs will most likely get a rate increase too. Sure enough Saturday’s evening local news stations were announcing all the cable rate increase for all areas in Erie County.

This spring when I put up a pole for the satellite receiver, I do not want to mount it on the house, I would also like to mount the statuette on it as well. Sort of like a reminder and a conversation piece for those who may just be curious on what is up with that pig being kicked by a leg on the pole.