Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wanted - Someone Who Has Artistic Skills

If you have a problem with a company, the best way to deal with them is to first call and complain, so they are aware of the fact that their customer is not pleased with their business. Dealing with customer service will either get your issue resolved, in which case you'll be pleased and the story is over, or it won't be resolved and you then inform them you won't be doing business with them any longer. Nothing speaks louder to a company than losing customers.

This is true.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And finally, do you really need over 100 channels? Can you live with 2,4,7,17,23,29,49 for FREE!

Plus a few are transmitting in HDTV and all you need is a tuner.

And now I think blockbuster has an all you can watch DVD's/Videos for like $20 a month if you gotta watch movies.

Night Owl : Nothing speaks louder to a company than losing customers.
    That says it all. (applause)

Has anyone made the jump from cable to satellite or dish?

Or to DSL?

Any preferences?

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Night Owl : Nothing speaks louder to a company than losing customers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That says it all. (applause)

I can't take credit for that, I was just quoting and agreeing on something that SolarEclipse said.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I got direct TV and i'm happy with it. Had cable before. I only really watch a few stations so i have it more for picture clarity versus amount of stations they offered. I pick direct TV seeing at the time they had a HDTV package which no ones else had at the time.

HDTV is awesome but I droped it seeing it wasn't $10.99 a month worth of "awesome" once I got it. But wow it's crisp.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    OH DSL is fine... I got it at home and it's more than adequate. Cable is faster but then again I have clients which complain about thier cable not working well. My DSL has been super and i'm very happy with it. DSL is cheaper than cable.

DSL

... Or do you mean DS-Hell?

Hell-no. Besides the monatary savings, it's worth it just to never have to deal with AdHELLphia again. I couldn't care less about the marginal difference in speed, and I do work from home from time to time over a VPN connection.

I posted my cost savings in a previous post. For people that have the option to switch, it should be a no-brainer.

Originally posted by Night Owl
    DSL

Owl - why do you say that?

Let's just say DSL didn't agree with my computer.

Verizon didn't tell me anything about having to update my computer prior to installing it and as a result because of not having the right firewalls and stuff, my computer was infected with viruses and junk, so much so that I had to get a new computer. I think Verizon just assumes everyone has a brand-spanking new computer that can handle DSL.

For what I do online, I am pleased with my dial-up connection. I get no pop-ups for nasty sites, and right now (in this post) I am running at 50666 bps. I don't have to wait long for opening pdf files and images generally load at a good speed. So, I am happy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by Night Owl
    DSL

No DSL. Not DSL-Hell. Things like bad phone lines will interfere with DSL working correctly. If things are proper it's great. In my line of work I hear about more people having issues with cable than with DSL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information