Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Someone Who Has Artistic Skills

Originally posted by Night Owl
    Affording it isn't the issue...at least with me it isn't...value is.

I would probably 'value' my gas bill over Fox News.
    Indeed.

Setting aside my personal views on the cable issue, I did find this on the Business First website for people who are interested.
    Customers of Adelphia Communications Corp. will see rate hikes as soon as the first of the new year the cable TV company has announced.

The rate hikes for basic or "classic" service will rise by $2.95 for the nearly 300,000 subscribers in Erie and Niagara counties. In Buffalo, basic subscribers will begin paying $44.69 per month, a 7 percent increase. All other customers will be charged $47.19, a 6.7 percent bump in price.

Cable customers who receive more channels and services such as the "Total Advantage," will see prices increase $9.95 per month. Jeanne Coleman, general manager for Adelphia in the Buffalo area, said "Power Link" subscribers, which includes Internet service and those customers with "Valupaks" are not impacted by the rate hikes.
    View the complete article Adelphia announces cable TV rate hike

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The rate hikes for basic or "classic" service will rise by $2.95 for the nearly 300,000 subscribers in Erie and Niagara counties.
    Nice way to increase your revenue buy almost $900,000 a month.

Sorry to hear things are so tight for you that you have to choose the gas bill over basic cable.

This is not an either/or situation with us.

The issue isn't, should we pay the increase in cable and forget the gas bill.

The issue isn't, can we afford the increase.

The issue is, do we still want the cable services at the increased rate...is it still worth it to us.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    NoCtUrNaL

Sorry to hear things are so tight for you that you have to choose the gas bill over basic cable.
    NoCtUrNaL, there is no reason to add this comment. Not once did they say anything which would make us believe they have to choose between gas or cable. There is no reason to take little shots at people on the boards.

Ugh. I seethe everytime I hear the word Adelphia.

This was my research back in 11/03 when I switched from Adhellphia to DirecTV. Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's how it breaks down for me - I'm pricing cable with local channels for 2 rooms, DVR, and Internet access:

All costs are monthly

DirecTV (~130 channels)
    - Cable service: $39.99 + $4.99 (second room)
    - DVR: $4.95
    - Internet (Verizon): $34.95
    Total: $84.88

Dish Network (~110 channels)
    - Cable service: $33.99 + $5.99 (locals) + $4.99 (second room)
    - DVR: $4.98
    - Internet (Verizon): $34.95
    Total: $84.90

Adelphia (105 channels, 67 of which are analog)
    - Cable service: $55.69 (assuming no second digital box)
    - DVR: $4.95 + $7.95 (digital DVR box)
    - Internet (Powerlink): $37.95 (bronzepak pricing) + $3.00 (modem)
    Total: $109.54

Originally posted by WNYresident
    NoCtUrNaL, there is no reason to add this comment. Not once did they say anything which would make us believe they have to choose between gas or cable. There is no reason to take little shots at people on the boards.

Hmm, that's the way it read to me...

...anyway, good to know it's not an issue with them, however ,if that's the case, it makes you wonder why they commented about it all though.

I've learned my lesson mom, I promise in the future to take bigger shots.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm just curious but do people really need 130 channels. I have direct TV and find myself really only watching 5 or 6 channels on a regular basic. 2 which are local anyway. Other 3 are fox, tech tv, history channel. I notice they sell super sport packs. How does one watch all of that and still have time for other things

Tivo rules! I certainly don't watch all 130 channels, but with the Tivo I can spend my TV watching time most productively - watching only the stuff I'm interested in and zipping through the commercials. I never channel surf. I almost never watch live TV. It's just amazing!

WNYres, I concur.

It's possible, however, that there are people on this board who may need to let go of their cable services because of the rate hikes. It's none of our business who can / can't afford what or the reasons behind it. Let's not be insensitive.

Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL
    The issue isn't, should we pay the increase in cable and forget the gas bill.

The issue isn't, can we afford the increase.
    You have a smart aleck way of trying to tick people off.

Just curious, are you an adult?

Originally posted by Daisy H
    I agree.
    Indeed.
    I concur.
    Indubitably!

Originally posted by therising
    You have a smart aleck way of trying to tick people off.
    ADMIN EDIT

I remove his link which would of then had the "clicker" ignoring his post. I clicked on it and ignored him which i didn't want to do but had to see what the click was.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WNYres, I concur.

It's possible, however, that there are people on this board who may need to let go of their cable services because of the rate hikes. It's none of our business who can / can't afford what or the reasons behind it. Let's not be insensitive.

That was my whole point. There should be no shots big or small. Even if deserved because of attitude there's no reason for it. It's something I would expect from a bunch of kids in a school yard because they don't know any better. Acutally it might sound funny to the person making the comment "shot" but other people usually don't see if that way.

That was my whole point. There should be no shots big or small. Even if deserved because of attitude there's no reason for it. It's something I would expect from a bunch of kids in a school yard because they don't know any better. Acutally it might sound funny to the person making the comment "shot" but other people usually don't see if that way.
    True, it is juvenile. Although, granted, much can be lost in translation via the typed word, it's clear that certain members are just looking for somewhere (or someone) to vent their misdirected anger. As a side note, there are courses offered out there in communities nationwide which teach anger management skills..there's certainly no shame in getting help.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information