Thread: Kingdom Bound 2008 To Offer Most Diverse Line-up Yet

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Kingdom Bound 2008 To Offer Most Diverse Line-up Yet

KINGDOM BOUND 2008 TO OFFER MOST DIVERSE LINE-UP YET

Buffalo, N.Y. (June 6, 2008) — Kingdom Bound 2008, a large, four day Christian music festival attracting more than 50,000 people annually to Darien Lake Theme Park Resort near Buffalo, New York, will offer their most diverse line-up ever this August 3-6. Besides bringing in artists like Delirious, a rock band from the United Kingdom, and Robin Mark and Kathryn Scott, two popular worship artists from Ireland, Kingdom Bound 2008 will also include Salvador, a popular Latin jam band, as one of the festival's headliners, on the same night, Tuesday, August 5, as fellow headliner Jaci Velasquez, a famous singer-actress with Mexican and Spanish roots.

Velasquez, who released her first CD in 1996, has had a string of hit CDs like “Heavenly Place,” “Llegar a Ti,” “Mi Corazon,” and 2008's “Love Out Loud” in both English and Spanish-speaking markets all over the world. Having starred in the 2003 film “Chasing Papi,” sung for President George W. Bush multiple times, and appeared in over 50 magazines, Velasquez has been very busy during the past decade, and she's still in her twenties. Most recently, she married the lead singer of Salvador, Nic Gonzales, and they had a child together, born this past November.

Salvador, a lively Latin jam band which got its start at a church in Austin, Texas, has released eight CDs since 2000. Like Velasquez, their recordings have often included both English and Spanish-language material. The percussion-intense band recently played songs from their 2008 release, “Aware,” for the Papal Youth Rally in Yonkers, New York this past April.

When Salvador and Jaci Velasquez perform at Kingdom Bound, they'll be among 50 other concerts and seminars by a variety of artists and speakers, including Ricardo, who grew up speaking both Spanish and English at home, and David Nasser, who grew up in Iran. While Kingdom Bound will offer plenty of traditional pop and rock acts like Newsboys and Third Day, 2008's festival will also feature sixteen hip-hop artists, the most ever from that genre. Hip-hop at Kingdom Bound, with artists like Dunamis, Mahogany, Manafest, Sev Static, Lil Dre, and Rochester's Todd Bangz, will be on the Gazebo Stage near The Predator coaster, as well as the Park Stage near the Ride of Steel coaster.
    Kingdom Bound, where people “encounter God at an amusement park,” takes place August 3-6, 2008, at Darien Lake Theme Park Resort in Darien Center, New York, halfway between Buffalo and Rochester.

Kingdom Bound 2008 event or day pass tickets are now on sale, and include admission to the majority of Darien Lake’s amusement park rides. Specially-priced “after 5pm” tickets are available for commuters. Campsite/RV/Hotel packages are also available. Call 800-461-4485 or visit
    www.kingdombound.org for more information, tickets, or reservations

I would love to see the Newsboys and Third Day. Big Daddy Weave is good too. Who would send you and article to post on Speak Up and not promote them? Jaci Valasquez is okay. She'd be better if she didn't try so hard to be a pop star. She needs to get back to her roots.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

happily,i'll be missing this again this year...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    happily,i'll be missing this again this year...
    I have never been to one, so I don't really know what I'm missing.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    I have never been to one, so I don't really know what I'm missing.
    Me neither. I always wanted to go to one when I was in college and never got around to it.

Now the acts are too young and "hip" for me.

If they brought back Michael W. Smith or Amy Grant, I'd go (although I did catch MWS at the Chapel recently). I would like to see Kirk Cameron or Ray Comfort if they come back. I just can't see sitting through loud headache music.

They should make a Kingdom Bound type event for the older crowd...
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Quote Originally Posted by Bannister
    Me neither. I always wanted to go to one when I was in college and never got around to it.

Now the acts are too young and "hip" for me.

If they brought back Michael W. Smith or Amy Grant, I'd go (although I did catch MWS at the Chapel recently). I would like to see Kirk Cameron or Ray Comfort if they come back. I just can't see sitting through loud headache music.

They should make a Kingdom Bound type event for the older crowd...
    I like the Newsboys and Third day out of their whole line up. The last concert I attended was 4 Him at eastern Hills Wesleyan.
    You're pretty hip if you like MWS.
    I think I am older than you.
    Anyway ... KB is too expensive for me no matter what crowd they are catering to.

Thread Information