Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could this be political pay back?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Could this be political pay back?

It came down the vine that Superivisor Mark from the Highway Department may be push out because of political payback.

I was told Frank Max's group could be behind this. Would this type of political crap happen in our little community?

I was told Max has his 4 yes votes so when the resolution is created and voted on, Mark may be gone. Below are the 4 people who I was told would vote yes on this matter.

Richard Zydel
    James Rogowski
    Stanley Kaznowski
    Patricia Jaworowicz

Are these for board members just political pawns in the scheme of things or do they actually look out for our best interest.

If so why don't we put the unneeded sanitation (employee duplication) department back under the highway department and eliminate Frank Max position? I was told the board created the position for frank as a political bonus.

From everything I have heard Mark is more valuable as an employee to our community compared to Frank Max. So if we are going to eliminate anyone lets eliminate dead wieght. Frank wants to be a political big wig anyways so let him do it on his own dime not ours.

How do we get a new resolution started to put the sanitation department back under the highway department and fire unneeded management? The department was fine as it was to begin with.

I am not a fan of the removal of any elected official.
    The less elected officials, the less the people have a say. One of the best things about having an elected Highway person, Clerk, is that they don't have to play politics with the Town Board to get anything done.

Chris Kowal was notorious for this. He'd get his budget, do his work, and that was it. He catered to the people and our streets got plowed, and he didn't have to play politics with the Town Board.

I think that creating a department of public works just creates more politics.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    It came down the vine that Superivisor Mark from the Highway Department may be push out because of political payback.

I was told Frank Max's group could be behind this. Would this type of political crap happen in our little community?

I was told Max has his 4 yes votes so when the resolution is created and voted on, Mark may be gone. Below are the 4 people who I was told would vote yes on this matter.

Richard Zydel
    James Rogowski
    Stanley Kaznowski
    Patricia Jaworowicz

Are these for board members just political pawns in the scheme of things or do they actually look out for our best interest.

If so why don't we put the unneeded sanitation (employee duplication) department back under the highway department and eliminate Frank Max position? I was told the board created the position for frank as a political bonus.

From everything I have heard Mark is more valuable as an employee to our community compared to Frank Max. So if we are going to eliminate anyone lets eliminate dead wieght. Frank wants to be a political big wig anyways so let him do it on his own dime not ours.

How do we get a new resolution started to put the sanitation department back under the highway department and fire unneeded management? The department was fine as it was to begin with.

Frank Max should concentrate on doing his job - picking up garbage.
    I am so omniscient - if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorku
    Frank Max should concentrate on doing his job - picking up garbage.
    I think he's concentrating on political stuff not just "garbage" issues.

You mean like sorting through the trash and trying to pick erie county's future political candidates?

Great!
    I am so omniscient - if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both.

Richard Zydel
    James Rogowski
    Stanley Kaznowski
    Patricia Jaworowicz

Isn't Mark Wagner an elected official? I thought the only way they could do away with the Highway Superintendent position is if they put it to a vote on the ballot in November and leave it up to the taxpayers to decide. I for one agree that the position should be separate from the Town Board. Kowal did a great job, and never had to give jobs to the Town Board's friends and family. It helped stop some of the nepotism anyway. Why would we want to give the control to the Town Board?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth
    Isn't Mark Wagner an elected official? I thought the only way they could do away with the Highway Superintendent position is if they put it to a vote on the ballot in November and leave it up to the taxpayers to decide. I for one agree that the position should be separate from the Town Board. Kowal did a great job, and never had to give jobs to the Town Board's friends and family. It helped stop some of the nepotism anyway. Why would we want to give the control to the Town Board?
    Well lets see... Frank Max wants to be the erie county chairman. Hmm he would still work with the town with his town board buddies and there would be jobs at our cost.

I say we eliminate the "sanitation department" which was made as a political favor and put it back under Mark in the highway department.

We save on payroll and this would give Frank the oppurtunity to persue his quest to take Lenny down.

Well lets see... Frank Max wants to be the erie county chairman. Hmm he would still work with the town with his town board buddies and there would be jobs at our cost.

I say we eliminate the "sanitation department" which was made as a political favor and put it back under Mark in the highway department.

We save on payroll and this would give Frank the oppurtunity to persue his quest to take Lenny down.
    I say we do away with the Sanitation Department all together. Subcontract it out or better yet, give the residents the option of hiring their own garbage company to pick up their garbage or bring it themselves to the dump. Elma does that and saves a ton of money for their residents.

Max trying to do in Wegner, hmmmmmmmm, let's see.

In the last administration, things in the sanitation dept. were not what the administration wanted. Control was taken away from Max and given to Kowal, (Highway Dept.), things got better. New administration, new Highway Supt., Max wants control back in Sanitation and Wegner (elected Highway Supt.) strongly opposes the change back to the old problems. Wegner loses control, Max gets control. Now Max is out to get Wegner, hmmmmmmmmm, could be.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Politicians are the garbage we need to sanitize.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I say we do away with the Sanitation Department all together. Subcontract it out or better yet, give the residents the option of hiring their own garbage company to pick up their garbage or bring it themselves to the dump. Elma does that and saves a ton of money for their residents.
    Sometimes I still thing various things are still cheaper than privatizing. Things just got out of control with previous politically controlled town boards.

We would have to do a cost comparison. If a business can pick our garbage there is no reason why we can't have our own crews do it and cut out the profit. The department would just be ran like a private company minus the "companies" profits..

I wonder how a private company estimates selling cost for service. They probally go by how many pickup's and average weight per pickup. THere's a cost to disposing of our crap.

There's also equipment maintance cost. Some of the trucks I see going around look rather crappy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired
    Max trying to do in Wegner, hmmmmmmmm, let's see.

In the last administration, things in the sanitation dept. were not what the administration wanted. Control was taken away from Max and given to Kowal, (Highway Dept.), things got better. New administration, new Highway Supt., Max wants control back in Sanitation and Wegner (elected Highway Supt.) strongly opposes the change back to the old problems. Wegner loses control, Max gets control. Now Max is out to get Wegner, hmmmmmmmmm, could be.
    Noticebly better?

Plus I still can't comprehend how the move to add more management saves you and I money. Less bosses less cost...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I went to the town website and couldn't really find any info on the board members. I had to find a website that listed the resolutions with thieir names on them.

Richard Zydel
    James Rogowski
    Stanley Kaznowski
    Patricia Jaworowicz

So think for political reasons these four would listen to anything that Frank Max would want?

Does anyone have any background on these people? Have they been more political players or actually concerned what is good for our town?

Isn't Mark Wagner an elected official? I thought the only way they could do away with the Highway Superintendent position is if they put it to a vote on the ballot in November and leave it up to the taxpayers to decide. ...
    That's what I thought.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I went to the town website and couldn't really find any info on the board members. I had to find a website that listed the resolutions with thieir names on them.

Richard Zydel
    James Rogowski
    Stanley Kaznowski
    Patricia Jaworowicz

So think for political reasons these four would listen to anything that Frank Max would want?

Does anyone have any background on these people? Have they been more political players or actually concerned what is good for our town?
    Jaworowicz is Mark's stepmother, Kaznowski used to head the Town Park Homeowner's and Rogowski, the name says it all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information