Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could this be political pay back?

Ah

Their all a bunch of polish jabba dancers.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by momofmbc
    Jaworowicz is Mark's stepmother, Kaznowski used to head the Town Park Homeowner's and Rogowski, the name says it all.
    Rogowski ran and won on name recognition alone.
    I am so omniscient - if there were to be two omnisciences, I would be both.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Jaworowicz is Mark's stepmother, Kaznowski used to head the Town Park Homeowner's and Rogowski, the name says it all.
    More back ground than this.

Do they own businesses? Or have then always been somehow on our community payroll?

What?

This guy was the worst!!! Lived in Chautauqua county, drove his town vehicle there, and absolutely sucked when it came to constituent service. Glad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarThePirate
    I am not a fan of the removal of any elected official.
    The less elected officials, the less the people have a say. One of the best things about having an elected Highway person, Clerk, is that they don't have to play politics with the Town Board to get anything done.

Chris Kowal was notorious for this. He'd get his budget, do his work, and that was it. He catered to the people and our streets got plowed, and he didn't have to play politics with the Town Board.

I think that creating a department of public works just creates more politics.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    It came down the vine that Superivisor Mark from the Highway Department may be push out because of political payback.

I was told Frank Max's group could be behind this. Would this type of political crap happen in our little community?

I was told Max has his 4 yes votes so when the resolution is created and voted on, Mark may be gone. Below are the 4 people who I was told would vote yes on this matter.

Richard Zydel
    James Rogowski
    Stanley Kaznowski
    Patricia Jaworowicz

Are these for board members just political pawns in the scheme of things or do they actually look out for our best interest.

If so why don't we put the unneeded sanitation (employee duplication) department back under the highway department and eliminate Frank Max position? I was told the board created the position for frank as a political bonus.

From everything I have heard Mark is more valuable as an employee to our community compared to Frank Max. So if we are going to eliminate anyone lets eliminate dead wieght. Frank wants to be a political big wig anyways so let him do it on his own dime not ours.

How do we get a new resolution started to put the sanitation department back under the highway department and fire unneeded management? The department was fine as it was to begin with.
    At the end of Chris Kowal's last full term there was a resolution to abolish the highway department and make a public works department. The voters of Cheektowaga overwhelmingly voted down the resolution. They can't do anything about this until Mark Wegner has completed his 4 year term. A lot can happen in the next 3 1/2 years and I think this is a pie in the sky dream for Frank Max.

And on a side note... 3 out of the 4 board members mentioned may not even be board members when the time comes.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald
    At the end of Chris Kowal's last full term there was a resolution to abolish the highway department and make a public works department. The voters of Cheektowaga overwhelmingly voted down the resolution. They can't do anything about this until Mark Wegner has completed his 4 year term. A lot can happen in the next 3 1/2 years and I think this is a pie in the sky dream for Frank Max.

And on a side note... 3 out of the 4 board members mentioned may not even be board members when the time comes.
    We should set a goal.... 4 out of 4....

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    We should set a goal.... 4 out of 4....
    I agree! To replace the four though we have to find people who are not beholden. The place to start is to get involved at the local level, go to a taxpayer group meeting or attend a local political party committee meeting. Find out what the candidates stand for. Make an informed decision. If you don't know what the candidate stands for, don't vote for that candidate. When people just go to the booth and pull the "party" lever, without knowing the candidates, it is a recipe for disaster. I the believe that this is the reason we are in predicament we find ourselves in right now.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenold
    I agree! To replace the four though we have to find people who are not beholden. The place to start is to get involved at the local level, go to a taxpayer group meeting or attend a local political party committee meeting. Find out what the candidates stand for. Make an informed decision. If you don't know what the candidate stands for, don't vote for that candidate. When people just go to the booth and pull the "party" lever, without knowing the candidates, it is a recipe for disaster. I the believe that this is the reason we are in predicament we find ourselves in right now.
    Shortly I should have numbers that state how many of our employees who don't want anything to change and thier political public politician buddies are on that committee list. You'll see why it makes any type of change hard in cheektowaga.

I don't like duplication... first step is we want to get rid of the sanitation department and put that "control" back under Mark in the highway department where it belongs. This way we can save over, get this, like $65,000 bucks, plus bene's and retirement cost. That's just one less supervisor we don't need. Never needed it in the first place. It's almost as bad as Lancaster with thier "crew chiefs" political favors.

Thats like a buck in each of our pockets. I'd rather have the dollar. We won't need a "sanitation superivisor" because Mark is more than qualified to tell a small group of guys go pick up our garbage. The guys that pick up my garbage do a great job. They can take thier orders from Mark. They don't need a "political" operative telling them what to do.

You know they use a piece of paper with color markers (could have been crayons) to figure out where the crews go. They don't even have accurate pick up counts to gauge which crews are pulling thier wieght or not.

I would rather invest in Fleetroute.

Many collection services rely on the institutional knowledge of a “Key Man,” the dispatcher, to maintain routes. FleetRoute is your “Key Man Insurance Policy,” ensuring that operations continue working even if your “Key Man” doesn’t. Your dispatcher will be empowered with FleetRoute to work more efficiently and cost-effectively. The quality of your service and capability to plan for and expand your services will be greatly enhanced

Some highlights:

Decrease labor costs
    Decrease costs for fuel and tires
    Decrease mileage
    Reduce overtime
    Maintain customer service times and information
    Improve quality control and management
    Route/crew accountability
    Reduce the time and cost of rerouting
    Balance/equalize routes

Only issue with this is we have another problem. We have one "computer tech" who has wasted 10,000's of dollars on our "campus" wireless network project. 10,000's in over time into his pocket and cost. He has to go too. We don't need the best and the brightest. We have to settle for at least competent.

Frank Max's political philosophy and cronyism can be exemplified by a statement he made at a fundraiser I once attended that he Chaired.

He declared: "They (Max endorsed candidates) may not be the best candidates, but they're our candidates and we got to support them and get them in."

Best interests served are Max's interests. Unfortunately, you have a Frank Max in every municipality, and that municipality is worse off for his type!

Max is an idiot he was brought into this town because of of guys like jimmy jr.dad now they have to put up with him. Jimmy jr is so far up maxs butt his feet only hang out. This town is so political it is as bad as that little place called depew. As for wagner better than kowel that was little hitler and from what i am told the kid is just as bad he set him up real nice. Wagner and max right now are fighting for commmitymens spots in the town. Glad to see my friend Knonothing put up a post on this form he is clueless hope you don't you fall off your office chair and get hurt on the job.

Is that nerve still raw?

Hey Cheeky, is that nerve still raw since I called you out last time? And please remember that personal insults are not supposed to be allowed on SUWNY.
    BTW, at least I earn a living and don't sit in Tim Horton's and steal all the sugar packets.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman
    Max is an idiot he was brought into this town because of of guys like jimmy jr.dad now they have to put up with him. Jimmy jr is so far up maxs butt his feet only hang out. This town is so political it is as bad as that little place called depew. As for wagner better than kowel that was little hitler and from what i am told the kid is just as bad he set him up real nice. Wagner and max right now are fighting for commmitymens spots in the town. Glad to see my friend Knonothing put up a post on this form he is clueless hope you don't you fall off your office chair and get hurt on the job.
    When you write about people, please spell their last names correctly - it's Wegner not Wagner and Kowal not Kowel. I know his son and from what I know about him he has an exchellent work ethic and has worked his way up the ladder not just handed the job. Nepotisim is rampant everywhere in the private sector as well as in public sector, it's just more visible in the public sector. However, if you are good at your job than what does it matter how you got it?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    When you write about people, please spell their last names correctly - it's Wegner not Wagner and Kowal not Kowel. I know his son and from what I know about him he has an exchellent work ethic and has worked his way up the ladder not just handed the job.
    When you are going to correct people, please spell the words correctly. it's excellent not exchellent...

I don't know his son and what from I know about Cheektowaga politics he could have kissed his way up the ladder. What ladder are you referring to? What is resume like? Has he been working in the private sector climbing the ladder or just what ever they consider the "democratic" ladder?

No he worked part-time through high school, then worked as a laborer, driver, foreman and now crew chief. He was also a volunteer fireman, commissioner with that department and chairman of the board with that department. Kissing asses is not what he does.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No he worked part-time through high school, then worked as a laborer, driver, foreman and now crew chief. He was also a volunteer fireman, commissioner with that department and chairman of the board with that department. Kissing asses is not what he does.
    Wait? you mean he never worked in the private sector? Part time don't cut it.

Laborer where? for the town?... foreman for where? the town?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information