Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Standard Towards Protesters

Double Standard Towards Protesters

I'm shocked.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Please MSNBC had the same crap about the TP protests.... grow up.

And it's not a 99% movement, it's more a bottom 5% and kid's of yuppies movement.
    Last edited by Dougles; October 10th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    ...And it's not a 99% movement, it's more a bottom 5% and kid's of yuppies movement.
    Really? Everyone protesting lives in abject poverty? Because that's the bottom 5%. The 1% is anyone making over $350,000, so you need to re-evaluate your prejudice.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Really? Everyone protesting lives in abject poverty? Because that's the bottom 5%. The 1% is anyone making over $350,000, so you need to re-evaluate your prejudice.
    Abject poverty? I think our government is trying to deflect where some of the blame should be. Why don't those protestors look into the sheer numbers of government employees at all levels and compensation expenses they are saddled with. I'm not saying bankers are saints but there is a lot of blame to go around.

I was happy about some of the protestors at the colleges. They were pointing out some of the obscene salaries quite a few of the administration receive. They were saying something about "chopping from the top"... because of tuition increases.

So can I assume that the OWS cult and their supporters like mindlesscrime were against the TARP bailouts?
    (So can I assume that the OWS cult and their supporters like mindlesscrime were against the TARP bailouts?)
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Abject Poverty? Please! I have seen the laptops and cell phones, haven't you?

These are mostly college kids complaining about what they owe in student loans (so sad, too bad) and that there are no jobs (I agree with them here). The rest are drop outs that won't work for less than $50,000 a year (good luck) or won't work until they can write their own paycheck (good luck). They have no coherent message. Have you seen any of the interviews with these incoherent boobs that cannot even say for sure why they are there?

The rest are union folk trying to get the sheep to parrot their message. Anyone see the "repeat after me" sessions being held daily so the unfortunate dolt's can try to remember a few words so they can have a message too?

It is not prejudice but rather sorrow that I feel towards these protestors. They should be marching on Pennsylvania Ave. and not Wall Street! At least then I would be able to give them some credit for knowing who is actually responsible for their problems.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

The idea that people go to private colleges at $35K a year and get a degree in liberal arts or social services and expect a job making more than $35K a year is a joke!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That I never understood. You go study a topic where there isn't a lot of call for it and then wonder why you don't have a job.

I walked out of UB with 20k in debt, a degree in mechanical engineering and a degree in computer science. Quite the bargain.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's how you apply yourself. I'm a college drop out. Still had loans to pay off. I couldn't run my business and go to college at the same time. Business was too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    I walked out of UB with 20k in debt, a degree in mechanical engineering and a degree in computer science. Quite the bargain.
    I left UB with 14K in debt and a duel account/finance degree.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WHen going to college do the teacher tell the students off the start that some degrees are difficult to find work in?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    WHen going to college do the teacher tell the students off the start that some degrees are difficult to find work in?
    Nope. A lot of the arts and humanities classes should start this way, "welcome to xxx, thanks for keeping me employed. You'd better start convincing people that this is a good career path so there will be enough students for you to teach in the future."

What about the newest news that the working families party (an offshoot of ACORN) is paying Occupy Wall Street protestors to be there!!!

The Working Families Party, an infamous ACORN front group notorious for corruption, was instrumental in organizing the Occupy Wall Street protests, according to radical journalist Laura Flanders of Free Speech TV.

The protests, which have spread to several other large U.S. cities, are part of what ACORN’s neo-communist founder Wade Rathke calls an “anti-banking jihad.”

Working Families Party (WFP) organizer Nelini Stamp has “been here since day one and she is part of the organizing team and the outreach team that has managed to bridge the distance between that first day and this day and between the grassroots folks here and the labor movement,” Flanders said at the protest in lower Manhattan.

We are “actually trying to change the capitalist system we have today because it’s not working for any of us,” Stamp told Flanders in an interview. Demonstrators are asking “how do we really reform and bring revolutionary changes to the states?”

The WFP is part and parcel of ACORN. In 1998 the party was officially recognized in New York State. WFP’s headquarters is at the same address as ACORN on Nevins Street in Brooklyn. WFP’s executive director is longtime ACORN operative Dan Cantor.
    http://www.horowitzfreedomcenter.org...y-wall-street/

Just a few snippets from http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=45125, I know this is a forum but there is more:

The Working Families Party (WFP) (www.workingfamiliesparty.org) is New York's most energetic, independent and progressive political party. Formed in 1998 by a grassroots coalition of community organizations, neighborhood activists, and labor unions, we came together to build a society that works for all of us, not just Wall Street CEOs and the well-connected. WFP is independent from corporate and government funding and in-addition we are community based; community funded and equally uninfluenced by both major parties. Our agenda focuses on economic and social justice, corporate accountability, job creation, environmental protection, and investment in education and healthcare.

The WFP is seeking immediate hires.
    You must be an energetic communicator, with a passion for social and economic justice.
    Only outgoing, articulate dedicated, determined candidates will be considered for the positions.
    For those candidates that qualify WFP offers substantial paid-training provided by senior leadership, on varied issues such as: advocacy, public speaking, mobilizing, fundraising, networking and organizing. We invest in passionate people with excellent communication skills and a full benefits package is offered to those candidates that qualify. In addition, there is opportunity for advancement and travel to our satellite chapters and out of state affiliates.
    This is not a policy job! Through direct action you will be shaping NY state politics for the next 20 years.
    If you care about New York and want to help educate and mobilize around legislative campaigns-then we look forward to hearing from you!
    Apply at http://www.workingfamiliesparty.org/jobs/.

This weekend the Working Families Party of New York, Gaspard’s organization, placed an ad on Craig’s list for paid activists to fight Wall Street.

Business Insider has obtained a video interview of a seemingly well-informed Chicago protestor who mentions -- almost in passing -- that he gets paid $22 an hour plus overtime to participate in a Chicago offshoot of the "Occupy Wall Street" protests.

I know this is a forum but there is more, here is the Craigslist ad:

**free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Working Families Party (WFP)
    Is that basically the same Working Families Party that is endorsing some of our local candidates?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information