Thread: Nutro's Dog Food

Nutro's Dog Food

So you know there is a shortage on Nutro's dog food. I actually just had to switch my puppy's dog food because there is no food available. I called the company and they said they buy their rice in china and they switched their distributer, this new company's rice was acceptable for dog consumption but nutro's standards the rice must be acceptable for human consumption and it was not to those standards. Now they are waiting for the rice to grow and be shipped. They told me around July they should be fully stocked. So if you are running low stock up..

Quote Originally Posted by geo_wny
    So you know there is a shortage on Nutro's dog food. I actually just had to switch my puppy's dog food because there is no food available. I called the company and they said they buy their rice in china and they switched their distributer, this new company's rice was acceptable for dog consumption but nutro's standards the rice must be acceptable for human consumption and it was not to those standards. Now they are waiting for the rice to grow and be shipped. They told me around July they should be fully stocked. So if you are running low stock up..
    I sell this brand of dog food. Where do you buy yours?

There is no shortage that I am aware of....my shelves at Tractor Supply Company are fully stocked, as should be any other Tractor Supply Co.'s shelves. In fact, I got a resupply just the other day....I would suggest that you get your dog food from TSC....

I'm gonna call my rep and ask about this, but I DO know its in stock and resupplying right now...

I went to all the pet smarts and petco's, they even have signs there stating a shortage. If you look at petco's website they are out of stock on most of the foods http://www.petco.com/product/100582/...e-Formula.aspx Is this the tractor supply in hamburg?

Also this is in their website http://www.nutroproducts.com/ncdogprod.shtml

"Isolated" shortages..."certain products"...

Thanx for that find....I didn't see that on the website earlier....

Luckily, we don't seem to be affected....yet....

I'm in Warsaw...but the Hamburg store should be stocked as well....give them a call!

It may very well be that our DC keeps a large enough stock on hand to get thru something like this....

I feed my puppy lamb and rice large breed puppy, and my other dog i feed lamb and rice adult. The puppy is out everywhere, and the regular i bought the last bag. So i had to switch my puppy's food depending on how long they are out I may have to switch my other dog food.. I hope not...

I am glad you guys sell that food you are alot closer (hamburg) than petsmart, now that they moved to orchard park.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cantolina
    I sell this brand of dog food. Where do you buy yours?

There is no shortage that I am aware of....my shelves at Tractor Supply Company are fully stocked, as should be any other Tractor Supply Co.'s shelves. In fact, I got a resupply just the other day....I would suggest that you get your dog food from TSC....

I'm gonna call my rep and ask about this, but I DO know its in stock and resupplying right now...
    Here's what your company's website lists for Notro products.

PRICE: $3.97

SKU Number: 5901201

Dog Treat; 23 Oz Size; Drumsticks Type; For Puppies and Small Dogs

SKU Number: 5901413

Dog Treat; 21 Oz Size; Biscuit Type; Tartar Control Biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    Here's what your company's website lists for Notro products.

SKU Number: 5901201

Dog Treat; 23 Oz Size; Drumsticks Type; For Puppies and Small Dogs

SKU Number: 5901413

Dog Treat; 21 Oz Size; Biscuit Type; Tartar Control Biscuit
    The website has nearly nothing to do with the store...

Sorry for the confusion...I think its lame, myself, but the website is kinda new...and bears no real relationship to a Tractor Supply Co. STORE...

I can assure you that MY store carries at least 6-8 different kinds of Nutro dog food in no less that 3-4 sizes....

I suppose almost no one would be interested in ordering dog food on the internet, anyway...

Retail outlets are like that sometimes...even differences between stores...

For instance, MY store does not carry Blue Seal stock feeds...but some nearby do (like the Geneseo store)...which is why I suggested calling the store! If I was at work, I could actually look and see exactly what they DO have on hand at that store, but I'm not...

Quote Originally Posted by geo_wny
    I feed my puppy lamb and rice large breed puppy, and my other dog i feed lamb and rice adult. The puppy is out everywhere, and the regular i bought the last bag. So i had to switch my puppy's food depending on how long they are out I may have to switch my other dog food.. I hope not...

I am glad you guys sell that food you are alot closer (hamburg) than petsmart, now that they moved to orchard park.
    Call me at the Warsaw store tomorrow (Ask for Chuck...after 12:30 pm) 585.786.0870, #also found in the back of the "Blue Book", if you have one..) and I'll try to help you find what you need....

Quote Originally Posted by cantolina
    Call me at the Warsaw store tomorrow (Ask for Chuck...after 12:30 pm) 585.786.0870, #also found in the back of the "Blue Book", if you have one..) and I'll try to help you find what you need....
    Late note:

Family emergency...won't be in at work on Tuesday...call me Wednesday after 12:30 pm, or call the Hamburg store directly...716.648.5140

Thread Information