Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diane LaVallee Enters DA Race

Unregistered

Diane LaVallee Enters DA Race

The race for DA has gotten much more interesting. And hopefully much more vigorous. There is now a threeway race in the Democratic primary (Case, Sedita III, & Lavallee)

Ms Vallee wanted to run against Clark last time, but no party would risk supporting her against 'unbeatable' Clark.

Let the real debate begin . .and hopefully public review of other Clark disasters that have rarely been publicly discussed.

Here is her statement on 'Gramigna-news'. There is an article about her on Illuzziletter, dated May 28, one of Illuzzi's frequent "tomorrow stories".

http://www.newwnypolitics.com/index....d=578&Itemid=1

Touting Experience, Diane LaVallee Enters DA Race
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor Tuesday, 27 May 2008

DA Candidate LaVallee Pledges To "Remove Stigma Of Politics...Restore Pasion For Justice" In DA's Office

In a 3 page letter to NewWNYPolitics.com, former Asst. DA and current Erie County District Attorney candidate Diane LaVallee touts her experience as the prosecutor of murderer Angel Colon and scammer Richard Muto in pressing her case that she is the best person to be our next DA. She also promises that she "will campaign as a candidate who does not have significant political baggage or political commitments."

The full text of her letter follows:

I want to be the next District Attorney for my own reasons which I will share with you in a minute but I humbly suggest that I am the best candidate for the position and that I will lead the office of the District Attorney with dignity, integrity and passion; I also feel confident that I can win the endorsement in a Democratic primary election.

Some of you know me well and have worked with me and I would hope I have demonstrated to you my commitment to, and passion for, the law, the judicial system, for justice and for truth.

For those who don’t know me or don’t know me well - a little background:

My first introduction to the legal profession following law school was not different from that of most attorneys. I handled the daily tasks which are part and parcel of any law office: mostly business transactions and real estate closings. While not unhappy I found this wanting and had a desire to get in the courtroom. I wanted to be a litigator. Eschewing the advice of friends and colleagues I took a position in the Erie County District Attorney’s office. I assumed that I could get some seasoning and experience while I was there and that I would, in all probability, move on and join a large firm or large corporation. At the DA’s office my salary was one seventh of what I would have made had I continued in the private practice of law.

What ended up happening to me is that I fell in love with the position and with the office. I was on the front line in the practical application of justice and the rule of law. I helped find the truth in criminal matters and helped people who had been victimized in the worst possible ways. I found I had a passion, and aptitude, for litigation and for presenting and arguing matters on behalf of the people of Erie County.

I left the Erie County District Attorney’s office after 13 years of distinguished service. While my passion job and for the office were undiminished I found the politics of the office – in the large sense and the small sense – tiring and dispiriting. I went on to head the Capital Assistance for Prosecutors Unit of the Office of the New York State Attorney General. In that position I assisted small counties in the investigation and prosecution of death penalty and complicated murder trials. It was my responsibility to bring together and coordinate the work of police and ADAs to successfully prosecute these cases.

I am seeking to become the Erie County District Attorney for several reasons:

I have a passion for the office of the Erie County District Attorney and a desire to lead the office and be the face of law and justice in this community.

I feel that I am uniquely qualified for the position and have the breadth of experience – including much experience and perspective gained by working with police and the office of District Attorney in other New York counties – to handle the rigors of the job and to be the leader the office needs.

While I have the utmost respect and admiration for each of the other candidates for the position – both of whom I have worked with – I feel that my specific experience and skills make me the most qualified candidate for the position and for the job.

I feel I can win a campaign for the position because:

I am the only candidate with administrative experience as well as courtroom experience

I am the only candidate with statewide prosecutorial experience—experience that translates into new ideas on how to better run the office.

I am the only candidate who helped to found the Child Advocacy Center in Buffalo—only the second in the state at the time. I will bring back the District Attorney’s Office’s active role in it.

I was the head of the Multidisciplinary Coordinating Council on Family Violence long before “multidisciplinary” became the buzz word for efficiency. We dealt with issues involving domestic violence, elder abuse, and child abuse, making historical strides in each area. For example, we were the first county in the state that began computerizing orders of protection so that the police had access to them.

Being the only female candidate I can differentiate myself from the other candidates for the position.

I am an effective communicator and orator and I will be a tireless campaigner for the position.

I can and will develop recognition for my past experience and redevelop name recognition. I successfully prosecuted many cases including some high profile cases that still resonate in this community:

The trial of Anthony Gugino – who murdered 13 year old Jennifer Dominiak.

The trial of Gino Greco – a serial sodomist who attacked six women in North Buffalo.

The trial of Barbara James – who murdered who two infant children then slit the throat of her 9 year old son who tried to stop her.

The trial of Angel Colon – who raped and murdered Samantha Zaldivar.

The trial of six men who stomped Kevin King to death in Olean.

And the trial of Richard Muto – who fleeced over 200 Western New Yorkers out of $19,000,000 in a securities scam.

I can and will campaign as a candidate that does not have significant political baggage or political commitments – I believe this strategy will be successful given the recent unflattering attention given the office and its performance.

I have already made arrangements to form an august and dedicated committee of supporters – many of whom are not traditional political supporters - who have pledged to secure me over $150,000 in funds.

I think we need to begin to make the office of the Erie County District Attorney one which this community can be proud of. It begins with the election of a leader who can remove the stigma of politics and restore the passion for justice and truth that people of this community expect from the office and the position.

Every citizen of Erie County has a right – if not a duty – to see justice fairly applied and fairly served – and that begins with the District Attorney they elect. Whether it is a high profile murder case, an investigation of a nefarious public servant or organization - or drive by shooting – we need to make sure that every case is pursued with integrity and with vigor.

And every citizen of Erie County has a right to expect that the office of the District Attorney respects the application of justice and that it is applied with fairness and integrity. They should also expect that those who work for the public in this capacity do so with respect, courtesy and in a spirit of comity with local police agencies.

I will expect nothing less of myself or of the office of Erie County District Attorney if I am elected.

Diane LaVallee

Unregistered

Illuzzi on Lavalllee

Clearly there need to be better controls on trolling, which quickly derails most serious posts on SUWNY.

"Identity" is one of two controls every respected news media has used for centuries. The other is editorial "censoring" of offensive submissions.

Since anonymity for "vandals" is sacred on SUWNY, how will their destructiveness be controlled?

Here is what Illuzzi says about Diane Lavallee, if serious posters are interested . . .

http://******************/
    May 28, 2008

DIANE LAVALLEE

READY TO TAKE ON THE MEN IN DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S RACE

by Staff

The race to succeed retiring Frank Clark as Erie County district attorney is expected to heat up this week on the Democratic side as another highly qualified candidate officially throws her hat into the contest. Yes, that’s right, her hat.

Diane LaVallee, currently a prosecutor with the State Tax Department and a former assistant district attorney and assistant attorney general, has told friends she plans to announce on Wednesday, making her the third candidate in the race and setting up the possibility of a three-way Democratic primary in September.

LaVallee will join endorsed Democrat Frank Sedita III, chief homicide prosecutor in the district attorney’s office, and former prosecutor Kenneth Case in the race to run on the Democratic line in November. Sedita also has the endorsements of the Conservative and Working Families Parties.

At this point, Erie County Republican Chairman Jim Domagalski is keeping mum, although there is speculation the GOP could end up endorsing one of the Democratic candidates in a possible trade for a deal on a Supreme Court seat. One of the reported front-runners on the Republican side, Phil Marshall, said last week he wasn’t interested, leaving the GOP without a name candidate at this point.

LaValle, like Sedita and Case, has strong credentials for the job of the county’s chief prosecutor having served for 14 years as an assistant district attorney where she prosecuted a wide range of crimes, including white-collar, rape, and murder.

LaValle, a UB Law School graduate, also served for seven years in the state attorney general’s office (1997-2004) where she assisted counties across the state with the prosecution of death penalty and other complicated murder cases. In 1999, she became the supervising attorney of the Criminal Prosecutions Unit.

She was the first female roast master of the Erie County Bar Association’s Judicial Candidate’s Luncheon and is a past recipient of the Woman Lawyer of the Year Award, presented by the Women Lawyers of Western New York. Other honors include the Criminal Justice Award from the Erie County Bar Association and being named the Criminal Prosecutor of the Year by the Sergeants and Detectives Assocition.

In addition, LaVallee was twice named the winner of the Louis J. Lefkowitz Memorial Award for outstanding service in the attorney general’s office.

LaVallee has long been known to covet the district attorney’s job and believes she has the financial support and the credentials to make a strong run for the office against Sedita and Case, two very formidable opponents and, in Sedita’s case, a candidate with a well-known and respected family name and the endorsement and resources of the Democratic county organization. She is expected to emphasize her solid legal background and prosecutorial experience in what is shaping up as a very expensive primary battle.

If successful, LaVallee would join a short list of women who have won election as district attorney of a large county, perhaps the best known being Jeanine Pirro who served for 12 years as Westchester County’s top prosecutor.

Unregistered

LaVallee is now "official"

There need to be debates among the three candidates for DA. Happily LaVallee is proposing a "cold case unit" in the DA's office.

The current media frenzy about the apparent Marshawn Lynch DWI-hit-&-run presents an interesting oportunity to review Clark's handling of a very similar case.

Now-Byron Brown-aide Peter Cutler struck motorcyclist Keith Borders at another Delaware Ave intersection & fled as Borders followed Cutler's smoking car across the WS until it siezed up & Cutler fled at Mass Ave & Winter. Cutler, obviously drunk, was finally arrested hiding under a car 6 blocks away on Breckenridge & Hoyt.

But thanks to Buffalo police, Judge Patrick Carney & DA Clark, the case totally disappeared three days later . . . & now Cutler works behind police protection in the Mayor's Office.

There are many more similar examples of Clark's version of justice. Let the debate begin.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/361426.html

Making history is a LaVallee theme as she joins 2 others in race for DA

By Mark Sommer NEWS STAFF REPORTER, Updated: 06/03/08 6:56 AM

Diane M. LaVallee, a career prosecutor who spent 13 years working in the Erie County district attorney’s office she hopes to lead, Monday became the third candidate to enter the race to succeed the retiring Frank J. Clark.

Citing her “depth of experience,” LaVallee joins prosecutor Frank A. Sedita III — who is expected to receive Clark’s endorsement— and Kenneth F. Case, a former county prosecutor who was the first to throw his hat in the ring and has garnered the support of several law enforcement groups. All three Democrats are expected to compete in the September primary.

“Today I make history by becoming the first woman to announce her candidacy for the office of Erie County district attorney,” LaVallee said. “This November, we will all make history by electing me district attorney, not because I’m the first woman, but because I’m the best candidate, able to bring about the changes necessary to ensure that justice is done and public confidence in the criminal-justice system is restored.”

LaVallee’s resume includes serving as chief of the Consumer Fraud Bureau, assistant chief of the County Court Bureau and chief of the Comprehensive Assault, Abuse and Rape Unit while in the district attorney’s office from 1983 to 1997. She was on the team that founded the Child Advocacy Center and helped found the Child Fatality Review Team.

During her time in the district attorney’s office, LaVallee — who was born in Burlington, Vt., and moved to Buffalo two years later — successfully prosecuted high-profile cases such as those of Anthony Gugino, Gino Greco, Barbara James, Angel Colon and Richard Muto.

LaVallee worked in the state attorney general’s office from 1997 and 2004, and has been in private practice since 2006, specializing in immigration law.

She made it clear she believes that Clark has tarnished the district attorney’s office.

“The problem with the DA’s office right now,” LaVallee said, “is that the public’s confidence in the criminal-justice system has been severely damaged” by the cases leading to the lengthy wrongful imprisonments of Lynn M. DeJac and Anthony J. Capozzi, as well as by “the number of prosecutors with a great deal of experience that are leaving the office in droves.”

She said she would seek to rebuild relationships between the district attorney’s office and the Buffalo Police Department. That would include establishing a Cold Case Squad to work with the Police Department.

LaVallee said she would consider having a weekly radio show to make the department more accessible to the public.

County Republican Chairman James P. Domagalski said that his party has discussed the race with 17 potential GOP candidates but that the most experienced are not interested.

Republican sources speculate that if the GOP were to endorse a Democrat, the candidate would probably be LaVallee or Case.

News Political Reporter Robert J. McCarthy contributed to this report.

msommer@buffnews.com

Unregistered

Illuzzi: LaVallee endorsed by Republicans

This endorsement places Case at a disadvantage . . . & may stifle some of the vigorous debate needed about reform of the DA's office that could have occurred in a three-way Dem primary race.

http://politicsny.net/

June 5, 2008

PoliticsNY.Net: BREAKING NEWS FIRST:

ERIE COUNTY GOP ENDORSES LAVALLEE FOR DA

Erie County Chairman Jim Domagalski is announcing that Diane LaVallee (D) will carry the GOP flag in the DA's race. This of course assures LaVallee a spot on the November ballot. Ken Case (D) has the WFP line. Frank Sedita III is the endorsed Democrat. He also has the Conservative line & is expected to garner the IP line as well. ###

Unregistered

CORRECTION: 3 way race . . IRONY?

I was wrong in my post above. Diane LaVallee is still very much contending for the Dem line in the three-way primary.

Should she win the Dem line, in addition to already attaining the Republican endorsement, she should get an award.

Four years ago, despite Lenihan's promise that she was "top of the list", no party would touch her, concluding that Clark was "unbeatable". Times change!

Meanwhile, Ken Case appears to be struggling. His initial campaign chair Jeremy Toth Esq. has apparently resigned.

Unregistered

LaValle focuses on Frank Clark's leadership

Diane LaVallee is discussing issues about Frank Clark's leadership that are rarely focused. If the political structure had supported her efforts to run four years ago, perhaps some of the recent Frank Clark debacles could have been prevented.

She is clearly a breath of fresh air in being open about a man long considered too powerful to touch. Sadly, so far Kenneth Case has been silent on these issues. And Sedita, being the 'annointed insider' has not yet been put on the spot about he will change a destructive culture in the DA's office.

Here is the latest from Gramigna:

http://newwnypolitics.com/

Diane LaVallee: A Woman Of The Law Runs For Erie Ct. DA
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor

LaValle Promises To Work WITH Police, Community...Pledges To Take Politics OUT Of DA's Office, Put More Competent People IN...Part I..."The First Woman Ever To Run For DA"

When Diane LaValle was a student at Williamsville North, she and a friend decided that they wanted to work backstage during school productions, a place where females had never been allowed before. The teacher in charge said, "No way!" so she appealed to higher authorities, eventually winning the right to work to help out with school plays wherever she pleased.

"I wasn't going to take no for an answer, to just go along with the way things have always been done and I don't do that now either," she explains. "Not only would I be Erie County's first woman District Attorney if elected, I am the first woman ever to even run for DA here. But, I'm not asking people to run for me because I'm a woman. I'm asking people to vote for me because I'm the only candidate in this race who has had administrative experience, having supervised other lawyers as a bureau head for the District Attorney's Office."

"I have tremendous respect and admiration for my opponents," she adds. "I've worked with them both and I think they are both excellent candidates. It's just that I know that I'm better."

Always a pioneer as well as a highly respected attorney, LaVallee started her career back in the days when employers were reluctant to hire women for fear they would leave to "have babies." As an Assistant District Attorney herself, she organized Friday meetings of all the woman ADAs on the staff until she could hardly find a hall big enough to house them all.

Nevertheless, her campaign theme these days is a clarion cry for a more competent and inclusive DA's Office, a highly thoughtful mantra that has little to do with anyone's gender.

"The problems with the Erie County DA's Office today are due to the fact that, under its current leadership, it does not seem able to keep good people," she declares. "This is true, not because of the salaries that are being paid. Actually, the money as Asst. District Attorney makes isn't bad for this area. The problem is that there is not the proper attitude toward new ADAs. There is not the proper mentoring and training that is needed to create Asst. DAs who can make good decisions that will allow the office to work well. Instead, the attitude seems to be that people want someone under them they can blame things on and that's no way to run an office.

"Instead of an environment that inspires people to do their best work, there is an atmosphere of fear that causes people to leave rather than stay and make positive contributions to the work of the office," she continues. "Concerning the claim that people are leaving because of money, it's just not true. In fact, normally people love being Asst. DAs because it's a job in which you get paid for seeking justice. Often you'll see people working nights and weekends on cases in the office because they know they are pursuing justice.. Money is simply NOT the issue."

In her view, there is a direct correlation between the persistent personnel problems outlined above and alleged lapses like not enough indictments and an apparent inability or unwillingness on the part of the office to get convictions even when the evidence is strong.

"Did you know that indictments went down 50% during a certain period of time after Frank Clark became our District Attorney," she asks. "This is part of what happens when you lose good people and when you don't have the right kind of leadership."

LaVallee believes that a change in leadership would mean a change in the way the ECDA's Office interacts with the community and the police.

"We need a District Attorney who will work WITH the police more and who will be in better communication with the public," she contends. " When you have a situation in which the police take four cases directly to the NYS Attorney General's Office rather than working with the Erie County DA, you know something is wrong. The police have lost confidence in the DA's Office and that's a very bad thing...As DA, I would not only get out to community meetings all over the county, I would have a weekly radio show on which I would take questions from the public...All the people of Erie County have got to know that their District Attorney is working with them to fight crime and make their families safer."

Yet another problem with the workings of the ECDA's Office in her view is politics.

"I would appoint my Asst. District Attorneys without any regard to politics or to their political affiliations," she pledges. "I would not ask my subordinates to spend money on my political fundraisers. That way no one could accuse me of dealing differently with them depending on whether they gave me money or not....We have to take politics completely out of the Erie County District Attorney's Office and I will do it from the very first day I take office!"

On Monday morning, Diane LaValle, Part II...More About Her Background...The Truth About Plea Bargaining

Her endorsement helps Case

There will be a 3 way race for DA. Obviously with it being a Presidential election yr, Sedita will have the numbers edge. But Lavallee is a lifelong Democrat, apparently the GOP didn't like something about Sedita. Case by a large margin, has the Law enforcement communities endorsement. He's got the Working Party line so it will go to the general election regardless if there is a Democratic primary. I hope Ken Case can win this and the GOP endorsing Lavallee only helps him.

Who is this Broad?

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Who is this Broad?
    Do some research on your own. You seem to want to know alot about this "broad" so, why dont you investigate her background and then post your findings here?

Unregistered

LaVallee UPDATE . . & more trolling

This is the third time that "466" destructively trolled this serious thread.

The DA's race is very important, especially in the context of DA Frank Clark being exposed nationally on Dateline Sunday evening as not caring much about those who serve long prison terms while innocent.

This is the latest update on LaVallee, who appears to be the most qualified candidate of the three.

http://www.newwnypolitics.com/index....d=605&Itemid=1

Diane LaVallee, Part II: An Experienced Lawyer Seeking Justice

Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor, Sunday, 08 June 2008
    Sunday, 08 June 2008
    A Prosecutor...Not A Politican...Diane LaVallee Runs For Erie County DA

Ask a politician who's running for DA what he or she thinks about plea bargains and that candidate will tell you that plea bargains aren't good, that they should be eliminated or at least minimized, that he or she will fight to the death and beyond to make sure criminals are not allowed to plea guilty to lesser crimes and walk the streets due to those infamous, horrible plea bargains.

Ask Diane LaValle the same question and she will give you a thoughtful, fascinating discussion of the pros and cons of the subject as she points out that without some plea bargaining, our entire system of justice would grind to a halt!

"The fact of the matter is that if we had to take every single defendant who is accused of a crime has his case go to trial, we would not have enough prosecutors or enough judges or juries to deal with

all these cases," she will explain. "However, yes, I think the public has the right to expect that dangerous, violent criminals are not allowed to plea bargain their charges down to the point where they are able to walk the streets and commit more violent crimes, putting law abiding citizens at risk. Absolutely."

Raised in Williamsville, this Willie North graduate made up her mind to become an attorney at a time when women were still in the process of taking their rightful place in the world of the law. In 13 years as an Asst. Erie County DA, she became the first woman Asst. Chief of the County Court Bureau, the first woman to serve in the Special Investigations unit, the first prosecutor of any gender to use DNA in a murder trial.

But, more than all these firsts, she took the lead in prosecuting an entire string of high profile cases from the prosecution of child rapist and murder, Angel Colon to the trial of a mother who killed her two infant children then slit the throat of a 9 year old son who tried to stop her.

"There is no doubt that I have successfully prosecuted many very important cases which the public knows about and was concerned about," he notes. "Those are achievements of which I am very proud because I believe that a District Attorney should have that kind of experience. But, another thing of which I am very proud is that I was a member of the team which founded the Child Advocacy Center which provides a home like setting for children who are victims of sexual abuse to come and tell their stories in a non-threatening atmosphere in which efforts are made to not make their pain any worse.

"I was also a founding member of the Child Fatality Review Team of Erie County which reviews the facts whenever any child in the county dies. In addition I was elected to two terms as the chair of a team that is working together to try to make this generation of abusers the last. The District Attorney has to prosecute cases, yes. But, he also has to be able to take a longer look at things and possibly find some answers."

Always a seeker after answers, LaVallee has been honored by every imaginable group and organizations from the NYS Police to the Buffalo Police Sex Offense Squad to the FBI. She's taught at the National Advocacy Center, spoken to the National DA's Assn. and lectured at the Buffalo Police Academy. After leaving the DA's Office, she served as a Deputy Director of the Special Investigations Unit of the NYS Dept. of Taxation and Finance.

In the end, however, she is running for Erie County District Attorney because of the single basic conviction which underlies all of her honors and experience.

"I am running because I want the people of Erie County to have the opportunity to elect the candidate with the greatest depth of experience," she declares. "The candidate who can and will put people first. The People's Prosecutor....Together, we can make it happen."

If they debate

Case, Lavallee, and Sedita, if they debate a forerunner will emerge. Personally, I have no doubt Ken Case will win. His experience and personable traits will elevate him above the other 2. Maybe we'll see if it happens. I haven't heard of any scheduled but it would be interesting.

Unregistered

Sedita's proposed changes in DA's office

Creative debate is indeed needed to address problems in the DA's Office.

Here are some creative ideas from "Clark-anointed" candidate Frank Sedita III.

However, I believe that real change requires somebody from outside of Frank Clark's 'circle'.

As a 'City Hall Watchdog', "Justice" was rarely a primary motivation I encountered in the DA's office.

http://www.newwnypolitics.com/index....d=621&Itemid=1

Sedita's Prescription For Bringing Change To DA's Office
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor Monday, 16 June 2008
    Monday, 16 June 2008

Better Pay For Assistants, Better Cooperation With Other Agencies, Assigning Best Prosecutors To Toughest Cases All Part Of Sedita's Program For Change

If you want to improve the workings of the Erie County District Attorney's Office, Frank Sedita feels the first thing you have to do is consider the plight of today's crop of young attorneys.

"They get out of school, many of them, and find that they are $75,000 in debt," he points out. "They get jobs as Asst. DAs because it's the one place they can go to get trial experience immediately. They become experienced and after two or three years, what do you think happens? Some law firm comes along and says, 'Look, we can offer you a much better salary to come and work for us.' In many cases, these young attorneys would prefer to stay with the DA's office. These are people who willingly work long hours, giving up nights and weekends because they are dedicated to the pursuit of justice."

But...

"But, they have that huge debt hanging over their heads and they, most often, go off to work for that private firm with the result that we lose good people on a regular basis in the DA's office and end up having to use less experienced people who, at that stage of their careers, simply don't have the ability to do the kind of job at times that we would want them to do," he reports. "That's the reason why we sometimes are't' able to do as good a job as we'd like to."

The solution?

"The solution is to find a way to pay these young Assistants more," Frank Sedita quickly replies. "If the public is willing to give us a little more money to pay them, we in turn will keep our end of the bargain by doing a better job of achieving justice in a way that will make our community proud."

Sedita has other ideas that he feels will lead to needed change.

"Right now there are three agencies that prosecute crimes in Erie County," he declares. "There is the Erie County District Attorney's Office, the NYS Attorney General's Office, and the US Attorney at the federal level. All three agencies are out there prosecuting cases. Obviously, we need to improve our ability to work together rather than each agency looking out for its own turf and not accomplishing as much as we all should."

Sedita sees a light at the end of the tunnel in the rise to authority of relatively young prosecutors such as himself.

"These days you have Ron Ippolito in the Attorney General's Office in Buffalo and a guy like Bill Hochul in the US Attorney's Office," he notes. "These are guys who are about my age, guys I've known for years, worked together with in some cases and I know that together we could create a more cooperative environment which would lead to more convictions, more crimes being solved, and more criminals being gotten off the streets."

If Sedita takes office as our next District Attorney in January, he will ask his department heads to follow his own lead by taking on a full case load rather than just being administrators. He will continue the practice he established during the Bikepath Rapist case of keeping all participating agencies informed of all investigative developments through regular e-mails.

Above all, he will use his own award winning prosecuting skills to bring his colleagues up to his own level of courtroom excellence while keeping one very important principle in mind.

"The important thing to a District Attorney can never be his conviction rate or how many people he is able to convict," Frank Sedita fervently declares. "His only priority must always be one thing and one thing only...justice!"

Never heard of this broad.I dont like her becuase she is a lawyer.I dont like lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Never heard of this broad.I dont like her becuase she is a lawyer.I dont like lawyers.
    That makes sense, why would we need a lawyer to be DA?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    That makes sense, why would we need a lawyer to be DA?
    Do you have to be a lawyer to be the DA? You dont have to be a dog to be a dog catcher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information