Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condominium Law 339-Why?

Condominium Law 339-Why?

Outstanding!

And another lawyer hired to look into the matter to boot. Someone needs to tell the Town Board that with all of the tax exemptions on these "condos" that we can't afford the outside counsel. Maybe we should hire a Town Attorney that knows something about the law. Bizarre.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice (He won-what a stroke of luck )

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

This is a scam.

The entire project was designed to be non-condo. Now they want to change... on the backs of the residents of Lancaster.
    Talk about unfair. They bought the property, took the risk and LOST. Not anyones problem except for the developer.

But, knowing how things work in Lancaster, this will go through. Just like extending sewerlines that were paid for with Fed monies.
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

If Towns are allowed to opt out of 339-y, then the Town should do so.

Regardless, I think it's going to be either going away, or at the very least severely modified, in the not-so-distant future.

From The Buffalo News 5/23

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/354083.html

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg,” said Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity and head of land development for the area’s largest developer of patio homes.
    I guess it all depends on who gets the gold and who gets goosed.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

What's with the interest from the Buffalo News lately?

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/356821.html

From the article:

“Yes, people here are thinking about walkable communities, but it’s hard, because until someone does it here successfully — well, no one wants to be the pioneer,” Tuyn said. “You know what happened to the pioneers. They got slaughtered.”
    Maybe the savages that originally inhabited the land didn't like the prospect of having someone come in and change what was there on a whim to satisfy their own end.

“A lot of people think ‘smart growth’ means ‘no growth,’ ” said Stempniak, who got excited about walkable communities when a relative took her to visit Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio.

“That’s not true. It’s a mind-set we’ve got to change, and that’s above and beyond what the zoning codes can do. We need to rethink our energy use. We can’t just buy energy-efficient cars — we need to plan communities so that the everyday services we need are closer to us,” Stempniak said.
    Dear Donna Stempnak,
    Approving every subdivision, store and doughnut shop that comes your way is not being very astute in the way of rethinking our energy use. I would think that with all of the new subdivions, a St. Wal-Mart, Aldi's and the like, standing traffic will be sucking the life out of many gas tanks come this fall at Transit and William (along with many other traffic hot spots in town) as motorists sit through endless traffic lights trying to go through the motions of their lives.

I guess you should have been sent to Columbus a bit sooner.

-FF

Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg” -Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity in response to local towns opposing the 339-y condo law.

A well written response from the SUWNY front page to the above mentioned News article

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3702.shtml

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg” -Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity in response to local towns opposing the 339-y condo law.

Why did they pass a law about Rubbers.

Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466

Why did they pass a law about Rubbers.
    Because they found out there were millions of illegals in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot Fungus
    Because they found out there were millions of illegals in the country.
    Dont speak bad about the Illegals or the big bad ban man will get you.

I hope that everyone that agrees that patio homes don't fit the description in the present 339-y condo law, do send an email off to their state senator and assemblyman urging them to support the law change to allow local governments to have the ability to say no to requests for condo 339-y status.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja
    I hope that everyone that agrees that patio homes don't fit the description in the present 339-y condo law, do send an email off to their state senator and assemblyman urging them to support the law change to allow local governments to have the ability to say no to requests for condo 339-y status.
    How can you build a home on your Patio? And what does this have to do with the topic of condoms?

Originally posted by Cgoodsp466:
    And what does this have to do with the topic of condoms?
    It is relevant because you need a condom to protect the taxpayers from the "dicks" who build and market these single family (Patio homes) as condos with 40% tax reduction.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja
    It is relevant because you need a condom to protect the taxpayers from the "dicks" who build and market these single family (Patio homes) as condos with 40% tax reduction.

I dont like property taxes so I guess I like those dicks.If I could afford it I would buy a big motor home and just plug in to a different place every night.
    So lets put our condoms on and screw the tax man to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    I dont like property taxes so I guess I like those dicks.If I could afford it I would buy a big motor home and just plug in to a different place every night.
    So lets put our condoms on and screw the tax man to death.

So Cgoodsp466, do you own and live in a patio home? If not, the developer and tax man is screwing you. While that patio home owner gets a 40% tax break, the rest of us have to make up his tax break dollars.

Is that okay with you? I take from your glib responses that it is.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What services does the "seller" provide that they get the tax discount?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information