Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Camps for Kids

Summer Camps for Kids

Anyone have suggestions? I've been through quite a few, but am looking for an alternative for a 2nd grade, pug-loving, Kevin O'Connell defending, sick of the Parkside camp thaing....kiddo.

I'm not sure what sick of the Parkside camp thing is referring to...but my kids have enjoyed the Buffalo Zoo camp for the past several years. Is that the one you already tried?
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Sheas has a nice day camp for kids interested in theatre. Its not cheap though about $500 for the week.
    St Vincent De Paul also has a camp in Angola its $285 a week my kids went several years ago and LOVED it! www.svdpwny.org
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

The Park School summer camp on Main in Snyder is the best in the area. Its like the Disney of the north. Heated pool, sports, daily activities, crafts. You can't beat it for K-9 grades.

Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised
    The Park School summer camp on Main in Snyder is the best in the area. Its like the Disney of the north. Heated pool, sports, daily activities, crafts. You can't beat it for K-9 grades.
    I agree. It is at the top of my list. It has almost doubled in cost since my older daughter attended, however.

Regarding Parkside, no not the zoo camp, I was referring to the Parkside Summer Arts Camp which is sponsored by the Parkside Association. Cost is unbelievably low, but there is not much going on; kids are too often left to entertain themselves while counselors hang out together.

The Park School summer camp? Oh WTS say it isnt so!
    www.buffalobroad.com

If your children are boy scouts/cub scouts there is Camp Merz in Mayville where I worked for a few years. Merz had lots of activities for children when I worked there they had a beautiful swimming area, boating, archery, rifle range, basket weaving, leather working, insect study, plant identification, astronomy. They also had special activities such as boating to the YMCA camp on the other side of Chautauqua Lake, the 1 mile swim, wilderness survival, life saving, and the greased watermelon. The camp also had instructors that taught essential camping and hiking skills such as safe knife use, campfire making, knot tying, edible and poisonous plant identification, and how to build a shelter using supplies found in the wilderness. On the first and last night of the camping they have large bonfires with entertainment.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J
    Why MJ?
    ...and why were you up so early, or ummmm....late?

huh???.....why not??

Summer camp is...identifying bugs,nature walks in the woods,learning to cook on bunson burners,sleeping in tents,swimming in the lake,boondoggle.. no cell phones,puters etc...
    It isnt" the art of poetry" and nature walks on the beautifully manicured grounds of the school.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Summer camp is...identifying bugs,nature walks in the woods,learning to cook on bunson burners,sleeping in tents,swimming in the lake,boondoggle.. no cell phones,puters etc...
    It isnt" the art of poetry" and nature walks on the beautifully manicured grounds of the school.

maybe you should let the park school people know....perhaps they'll shut it down.....why did they not know about this??

I can attest to the fact that Park has bugs, and they have skunks too! That's gotta count for something, Kumbaya!

Gee BPP maybe you can ride over there and enlighten them? I dont know why you are responding like that?
    www.buffalobroad.com

The Museum of Science has an interesting program. Each week, a different focus and venue. Hmmmmmmm....definitely bugs.

There is a camp over the border in Ontario that focuses on filmmaking/performances. I could follow up if this sounds interesting. I don't know if 2nd grade is a little young. The person I know who went was probably 10 or 11 when she was there, but she loved it. It's not a day camp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information