Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: williams??...maybe goodbye??

williams??...maybe goodbye??

from WIVB....

Five Finalists Named for Memphis School Superintendent
    MAY 6, 2008 - 07:45 PM
    More by John Branston
    How the Final Five for Memphis Schools Superintendent Stack Up

John Branston There are no Memphians -- and no mayors -- among the five finalists for the job of Memphis City Schools superintendent.
    Members of the school board got the five names Tuesday from consultant Gary Ray. They include three men and two women, all with doctorates in education and all currently working in public school systems as administrators.

The candidates:

Tiffany Anderson, superintendent of the 9,700-student Montgomery County Schools in Christiansburg, Va. Her husband, a physician, is a graduate of Memphis City Schools.

Yvonne Brandon, deputy superintendent of the 24,000-student Richmond City Schools in Virginia. The Richmond district is 92 percent black.

Kriner Cash, chief of accountability for Miami-Dade County Schools in Florida. The system has 353,216 students and a budget of $6.4 billion. "He's a motivator," said consultant Al Johnson in a teleconference call with board members.

Nicholas Gledich, chief operations officer for Orange County Schools in Orlando, Florida. The district has 176,000 students and a budget of $3 billion. "This guy is a problem solver," said Johnson.

James Williams, superintendent of schools in Buffalo, New York. The district has 37,000 students. "He was hired to shake things up," said Johnson. Williams signed a contract extension in 2007 that lasts through 2011. His application says he is responding to an inquiry from Memphis.

The board will invite the five candidates to come to Memphis next Monday and Tuesday for interviews with board members and community forums with the general public. The deadline for picking a candidate is June 30th, although board member Martavius Jones said he hopes to have one sooner than that.

Ray said his search firm received 221 inquiries and 54 complete applications. He said the finalists are all "top-flight people." In response to a question from board member Kenneth Whalum Jr., Ray said some of the finalists applied for the job on their own and others were solicited by Ray and Associates.

Mayor Willie Herenton did not apply. And apparently his application was not solicited by Ray, either. Earlier Tuesday, Herenton presented what he called a blueprint for school reform. But he said several times he is not a candidate for superintendent.

Now that is apparently official unless the board is unable to reach something close to consensus about the finalists.

Is he a finalist because he's black?

I think that the posters who questioned that I dared to accuse Williams of "feathering his own nest" in another thread might have to reconsider their sentiments. Maybe if he was doing his job instead of looking for a better gig, he might have time to read a certified letter that he had to sign for rather than leaving it to the suspect judgement of an incompetent underling.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Williams seems to create messes where ever he goes. Then he ups and leaves before it gets to hot.
    Many people where dead set against his hiring in the first place. Given the financial crisis he put the Dayton school system in before he came to Buffalo to screw our system up as well.
    The Buffalo school board seems incompetent in hiring anyone of value.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    Williams seems to create messes where ever he goes. Then he ups and leaves before it gets to hot.
    Many people where dead set against his hiring in the first place. Given the financial crisis he put the Dayton school system in before he came to Buffalo to screw our system up as well.
    The Buffalo school board seems incompetent in hiring anyone of value.

The "renegade four" on the school board would not have voted to renew Williams contract. The outgoing board pushed it in before the Renegades took office.
    They were voted in to effect change on the board. The status quo is blaming them for everything because they don't tow the line and aren't a rubber stamp for Williams. They are consistently under attack by Chris Jacobs and the other board members that are in Williams pocket.
    So I wouldn't say they are all incompetent.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Desperation..or Diamond In The Rough?

Quote Originally Posted by citymouse
    The "renegade four" on the school board would not have voted to renew Williams contract. The outgoing board pushed it in before the Renegades took office.
    They were voted in to effect change on the board. The status quo is blaming them for everything because they don't tow the line and aren't a rubber stamp for Williams. They are consistently under attack by Chris Jacobs and the other board members that are in Williams pocket.
    So I wouldn't say they are all incompetent.
    Given the baggage/history prior to WIlliams even coming to Buffalo, has/or...now even more so with the numerous fiascos under his watch...you mean there are others out there in this country/other school districts just as naive as those in Buffalo, who would consider hiring him???
    Is the pool of qualified administrators that dry, that desperation would force other districts to even consider him..or ignorance just as rampant thru out our nation??

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    from WIVB....

Five Finalists Named for Memphis School Superintendent
    MAY 6, 2008 - 07:45 PM
    More by John Branston
    How the Final Five for Memphis Schools Superintendent Stack Up

John Branston There are no Memphians -- and no mayors -- among the five finalists for the job of Memphis City Schools superintendent.
    Members of the school board got the five names Tuesday from consultant Gary Ray. They include three men and two women, all with doctorates in education and all currently working in public school systems as administrators.

The candidates:

Tiffany Anderson, superintendent of the 9,700-student Montgomery County Schools in Christiansburg, Va. Her husband, a physician, is a graduate of Memphis City Schools.

Yvonne Brandon, deputy superintendent of the 24,000-student Richmond City Schools in Virginia. The Richmond district is 92 percent black.

Kriner Cash, chief of accountability for Miami-Dade County Schools in Florida. The system has 353,216 students and a budget of $6.4 billion. "He's a motivator," said consultant Al Johnson in a teleconference call with board members.

Nicholas Gledich, chief operations officer for Orange County Schools in Orlando, Florida. The district has 176,000 students and a budget of $3 billion. "This guy is a problem solver," said Johnson.

James Williams, superintendent of schools in Buffalo, New York. The district has 37,000 students. "He was hired to shake things up," said Johnson. Williams signed a contract extension in 2007 that lasts through 2011. His application says he is responding to an inquiry from Memphis.

The board will invite the five candidates to come to Memphis next Monday and Tuesday for interviews with board members and community forums with the general public. The deadline for picking a candidate is June 30th, although board member Martavius Jones said he hopes to have one sooner than that.

Ray said his search firm received 221 inquiries and 54 complete applications. He said the finalists are all "top-flight people." In response to a question from board member Kenneth Whalum Jr., Ray said some of the finalists applied for the job on their own and others were solicited by Ray and Associates.

Mayor Willie Herenton did not apply. And apparently his application was not solicited by Ray, either. Earlier Tuesday, Herenton presented what he called a blueprint for school reform. But he said several times he is not a candidate for superintendent.

Now that is apparently official unless the board is unable to reach something close to consensus about the finalists.
    where can I sign up to help williams pack for good.................???
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

I'll throw in for hot dogs to throw him a goodbye party.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    I'll throw in for hot dogs to throw him a goodbye party.
    I can't see the tears now , I told you run , too many onions on those dogs...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Why do we have to import these people? Isn't there someone from the area to do the job?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    Why do we have to import these people? Isn't there someone from the area to do the job?
    maybe the principal from McKinley..........our area , you have to be a Buffalo resident & it seems like you have to be of African-American distinction kind of narrows the search & field for a local candidate , but I"ll bet there's a grad from Buff. State out there with a few years experience somewhere around town that could do the job............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

i may be mistaken...but until canedo,it was always someone from the area...then williams....

manch and reville were local...

Super. Williams Song............

Banana Boat Song

by Superintendent Williams

Day-o
    day-o!
    Day
    dah Buffalo break me
    wanna go home.
    Day-o
    day-o!
    Day
    dah Buffalo break me
    wanna go home.
    Come
    Missa Tally man
    tally me Banana.
    Day
    dah light break me
    wanna go home.
    Come
    Missa news man
    tally me Banana.
    Day
    dah Buffalo break
    me wanna go home.
    Six foot
    seven foot
    eight foot
    bunch. Me wants ALL the lunch Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    A clerk man a check
    but him a check with caution.The BTF...
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    Day-o
    day-o!
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    Day-o
    day-o!
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    Come
    Missa Tally man
    tally me Banana.
    Day
    dah light break me
    wanna go home.
    Come
    Missa Tally man
    tally me Banana.
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    My back just broke with bare exhaustion.
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    Come
    Missa Tally man
    tally me Banana.
    Day
    dah light break me
    wanna go home.
    Come
    Missa Tally man
    tally me Banana.
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    Day-o
    day-o!
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.
    Day-o
    day-o!
    Day
    dah light break
    me wanna go home.

Damn de Buffalo , me wanna go homeeeeeeeeee !!!

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    Given the baggage/history prior to WIlliams even coming to Buffalo, has/or...now even more so with the numerous fiascos under his watch...you mean there are others out there in this country/other school districts just as naive as those in Buffalo, who would consider hiring him???
    Is the pool of qualified administrators that dry, that desperation would force other districts to even consider him..or ignorance just as rampant thru out our nation??
    Do we pay attention to what's happening in the Memphis schools? Not any more than the folks in Memphis pay attention to what's happening in Buffalo schools. Besides that, even when flaws in candidates are pointed out, some people ignore them. Williams' problems in his previous job were well known by the Buffalo BOE before he was hired but the BOE ignored them. It seems to me that they quickly became enamored of the man's glib tongue and promises to turn frogs into princes, and simply dismissed the warnings about Williams' tendency to be autocratic, to play favorites, and to look out for #1. In fact, the Buffalo BOE was so under Williams' spell that they gave him an extension after less than a year in office!

If Williams doesn't get the Memphis job, I suspect that Buffalo will end up paying big $$$ when he's fired.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

So, Williams lied!

On Ch 2's 11 PM newscast William's claimed not to have interviewed for this new job, of which he is a finalist. But less that 59 seconds and the reporter on this story tell the viewers that the recruiter for this job just finished telling that Williams had at least one detailed interview.

Kick the bum out- he's a liar! His plan isn't helping our children and, in fact, they are more in harms way- at the hand of the system - since he came to town!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information