Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WS Board of Education

WS Board of Education

Could someone tell the President of the School Board, Mr. Lazzara that he is not teaching the children of WS good manners when he sits at the Board meetings constantly playing with his cell phone and even text messaging while people are talking. That's bad enough, but now he has started a new habit and that is chewing gum. What a fine example he is setting. I have noticed too, at the town board meetings where the sign outside the court room door says NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED INSIDE! and he is busy texting all his friends. I guess the rules are made for everyone else, but him. Nice going! Residents and parents should be so proud to have him represent us.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    Could someone tell the President of the School Board, Mr. Lazzara that he is not teaching the children of WS good manners when he sits at the Board meetings constantly playing with his cell phone and even text messaging while people are talking. That's bad enough, but now he has started a new habit and that is chewing gum. What a fine example he is setting. I have noticed too, at the town board meetings where the sign outside the court room door says NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED INSIDE! and he is busy texting all his friends. I guess the rules are made for everyone else, but him. Nice going! Residents and parents should be so proud to have him represent us.

I have heard that the text messaging he does during School Board meetings are usually to and from a spy he has at Town Board meetings when they are going on simultaneously. Apparently he likes to keep up on everything, what a multi-tasker! But seriously, School Board President, Youth Bureau Director and Americorps Director? Does anyone know if this constitutes some kind of "conflict of interest" ?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofCharles
    I have heard that the text messaging he does during School Board meetings are usually to and from a spy he has at Town Board meetings when they are going on simultaneously. Apparently he likes to keep up on everything, what a multi-tasker! But seriously, School Board President, Youth Bureau Director and Americorps Director? Does anyone know if this constitutes some kind of "conflict of interest" ?
    You have a good point there, Charles. Monopolies are not necessarily good things and it seems he has a monopoly on our kids. What I would like to know is his background as far as his credibility for these positions. Yes, I know, he's been with AmeriCorps for a good many years, but does he have the essential education background to make good choices for our kids? I mean, just look at what he has taught his daughter as far as using a Town of WS vehicle off-hours, without Town permission, to go to bars and then get in an accident.

As far as the text messaging, I have heard the same thing. He is Batman to Adam and Josh's Robin. That's probably the connection. Sure hope he doesn;t text message while driving since the Town Board just addressed that new code.
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Who is this Adam you keep mentioning, haven't heard that name yet? Could be the one at the Town Board Meetings though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    You have a good point there, Charles. Monopolies are not necessarily good things and it seems he has a monopoly on our kids. What I would like to know is his background as far as his credibility for these positions. Yes, I know, he's been with AmeriCorps for a good many years, but does he have the essential education background to make good choices for our kids? I mean, just look at what he has taught his daughter as far as using a Town of WS vehicle off-hours, without Town permission, to go to bars and then get in an accident.

As far as the text messaging, I have heard the same thing. He is Batman to Adam and Josh's Robin. That's probably the connection. Sure hope he doesn;t text message while driving since the Town Board just addressed that new code.
    As far as his background, I believe it is in Social Work. Knowing a few people in social work, does it necessarily translate to education administration? I guess that is left to the individual to decide for themself. As far as his daughter, to the best of my knowledge, she is yet another innocent victim caught up in the muck and chaos surrounding this man. But that does raise some interesting points; what is the policy on Town owned vehicles? Are they for personal use on off hours? Can anyone drive these vehicles?

And does anyone know if Josh is 4UWS and what his deal is? From what I have heard, he got a nice boost in salary and promotion after aiding the Director and School Board President in a recent audit he was apparently very nervous going into. And just as Josh was a replacement for a former employee who "outlived his usefulness," I ask who this Adam is, as my feeling is he might be Josh's replacement when the Director is done with him. After all, anyone who follows the Batman Comics would know that there were 3 Robins.

As far as his background, I believe it is in Social Work.
    Ghost, you started off saying you were posting for someone in a sensitive position out of concern for the Burchfield. You seem to have fallen easily into the groove of the ML trash talk. Text messaging....Hummm. Sounds like you people go to all the meetings. Ghosts in the crowd. I do not use a cell phone, but to use it for text messaging seems hardly a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Ghost, you started off saying you were posting for someone in a sensitive position out of concern for the Burchfield. You seem to have fallen easily into the groove of the ML trash talk. Text messaging....Hummm. Sounds like you people go to all the meetings. Ghosts in the crowd. I do not use a cell phone, but to use it for text messaging seems hardly a sin.

Ok that is to my count, the 3rd time you have broken character and admitted you are one of the three by talking in the first person. And I said I speak for people in sensitive positions, which can include anyone in that building from past or present. And as you have even stated yourself, ML has had a long history being involved with the Park, claiming that it never would have been built without him and would not have made it this far without him. Since ML has been so deeply involved in the Burchfield's progress, how could I not address his actions as a lot of them, from what I understand, have directly affected the place.

As far as cell phone use and text messaging, if the students ML represents are not allowed to text during school hours, I believe the point is that he is setting a bad example by texting during meetings when he should be paying attention to important issues.

Ok that is to my count, the 3rd time you have broken character and admitted you are one of the three by talking in the first person.
    I am not trying to stay in or stay out of character. In my mind, my identity is for me to reveal, not for you to discover. If I agree or disagree to any of your guesses, in my mind I am not misstating the truth, because it is improper for you to make the guess in the first place.

And I said I speak for people in sensitive positions, which can include anyone in that building from past or present.
    Who gave you this authority to speak for others? How do you know you are saying what they would want you to say? Do you consult with them before speaking? Sounds like you are self appointed who really is no expert at all.

And as you have even stated yourself, ML has had a long history being involved with the Park, claiming that it never would have been built without him and would not have made it this far without him.
    Yes I sincerely believe that the Burchfield Art Park concept, together with its lovely building, would not have been funded, and therefore built without ML. ML talked PC into it as is my understanding.

Since ML has been so deeply involved in the Burchfield's progress, how could I not address his actions as a lot of them, from what I understand, have directly affected the place.
    Huh?

As far as cell phone use and text messaging, if the students ML represents are not allowed to text during school hours, I believe the point is that he is setting a bad example by texting during meetings when he should be paying attention to important issues.
    This is out of context. When, how long, how many times, isolated or repeating. Sounds like a microscope with regard to ML, but a blind eye with regard to WP.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    Correct, every meeting I have ever attended he is playing with that cell phone..throughout the entire meeting....a meeting that he is supposed to be in charge of.
    What kind of example is he setting for the students?
    Kind of hard not to notice. I would love to see how he can defend that one.

But that does raise some interesting points; what is the policy on Town owned vehicles? Are they for personal use on off hours? Can anyone drive these vehicles?
    Theoretically, Town vehicles are only supposed to be used for Town business, and only driven by Town employees. They are not supposed to for personal use, but it is not that hard for some positions to justify using them all of the time. This is to mitigate liability to the Town, which is self insured, and would pay any and all costs directly. In most cases, Towns generally only allow employees 21 and over to operate the vehicles. Keep in mind that if an employee were allowed to use a vehicle for personal reasons, they would be required to record the mileage and pay income tax on the percentage of use that is personal. The only exceptions would be in the Police Department.

Enough theory; because under the Paul Clark administration we had the "good ol' boys" who did whatever they wanted, as long as it didn't cast a bad light on Paul. Guess they thought he'd be there forever.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

I am not trying to stay in or stay out of character. In my mind, my identity is for me to reveal, not for you to discover. If I agree or disagree to any of your guesses, in my mind I am not misstating the truth, because it is improper for you to make the guess in the first place.

This is out of context. When, how long, how many times, isolated or repeating. Sounds like a microscope with regard to ML, but a blind eye with regard to WP.
    As I have stated before, I am here to shed light on important issues surrounding Burchfield, whatever they may be. I have time and time again questioned who you are, simply to understand your motives for being on here. I am trying to discuss issues, you seem to be on here to bad mouth as many people as you can, including WP. From what I understand, there are a fair few Americorps employees on here spreading rumors and lies simply to cast the light away from themselves. If you are one of them, I believe it is important for other posters and viewers to know that. For example, calling WP a slumlord simply because one of his tenants sold drugs, is upsurd. Aside from that, a few people on here have been asking a lot of interesting questions that you and other anti-WP/ pro-ML posters are very careful to avoid. I think I do have the "authority" to speak for myself and other posters in asking why?

As far as the text messaging, you do not need a microscope nor even need to be in the front row of a School Board Meeting to see ML constantly text messaging. Is the School District and students not that important to him? He is more interesting in simply controlling everything he possibly can? I think that is important for people to know and he should be put under a microscope for this.

And finally, "huh" is not a response, I would prefer you just not respond at all if all you have is "huh".

As I have stated before, I am here to shed light on important issues surrounding Burchfield, whatever they may be. I have time and time again questioned who you are, simply to understand your motives for being on here. I am trying to discuss issues, you seem to be on here to bad mouth as many people as you can, including WP. From what I understand, there are a fair few Americorps employees on here spreading rumors and lies simply to cast the light away from themselves. If you are one of them, I believe it is important for other posters and viewers to know that. For example, calling WP a slumlord simply because one of his tenants sold drugs, is upsurd. Aside from that, a few people on here have been asking a lot of interesting questions that you and other anti-WP/ pro-ML posters are very careful to avoid. I think I do have the "authority" to speak for myself and other posters in asking why?

As far as the text messaging, you do not need a microscope nor even need to be in the front row of a School Board Meeting to see ML constantly text messaging. Is the School District and students not that important to him? He is more interesting in simply controlling everything he possibly can? I think that is important for people to know and he should be put under a microscope for this.

And finally, "huh" is not a response, I would prefer you just not respond at all if all you have is "huh".
    Huh is a response signifying that I can not comprehend what ever it was you wrote.
    I am not here to bad mouth alot of people, just Wally Boy because I think he is nasty, mean sprited, a distroyer of the Burchfield, his motives are suspect (talk about my motives), etc, etc. But I have said that before, before, before...... How many times before it sinks in? What difference my motives, if my issues have merit.

Since I don't go to the school board meetings, as they are usually held at the same time as the town's meetings, I would have to ask if anyone has questioned ,or called, ML on his texting during the meeting. I'm sorry, but knowing my personality I'd say something right then and there. But, that's usually how I endear myself to these types of people. Imagine, someone that you're supposed to represent expecting you to do your job. The nerve!
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Huh is a response signifying that I can not comprehend what ever it was you wrote.
    I am not here to bad mouth alot of people, just Wally Boy because I think he is nasty, mean sprited, a distroyer of the Burchfield, his motives are suspect (talk about my motives), etc, etc. But I have said that before, before, before...... How many times before it sinks in? What difference my motives, if my issues have merit.

The whole point is, we are waiting for you to come forward with some proof of this, not just speculation. I think, I think, I think, is a lot different than I know, I know, I know. When you come forward with a piece of evidence or at least point us in some direction that proves that he is bad, then it will sink in with people.

The whole point is, we are waiting for you to come forward with some proof of this, not just speculation. I think, I think, I think, is a lot different than I know, I know, I know. When you come forward with a piece of evidence or at least point us in some direction that proves that he is bad, then it will sink in with people.
    Proof of what, that he fired two thirds of the Burchfield staff without cause.
    That he did so without approval of TB. That the two staffers would not have cost 100,000. Do I need pay stubs? That he didn't know about stuff but should have, and people said they had reported. Not to mention his management of his own property.
    You are blind or worse.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information