Thread: THis sort of happened in Cheektowaga

Tony Fracasso - Admin

THis sort of happened in Cheektowaga

The Buffalo News Article

If Kindel's measure passes, Jaros says she's ready.

"I'll fight it. I'll go to the public, because this is taking a vote away from the people," she said. She also wonders aloud if Kindel, a former town clerk, wants the job back in order to enrich his retirement years.

"Does he want to take this position back again so he can get three high earning years so he can get a better pension?" Jaros said.
    I think one of the board members in Cheektowaga sort of pulled this same crap. They were going to eliminate a tax reciever position but instead gave a board member the position which in turn increased his retirement. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

PENSION

YES, that is exactly what happened. If your pension is based on your salary, and you are a Town Board member, you make about 18,500/year. By Bill rogowski taking the Tax recievers position, his salary goes up to roughly $65,000/year.

NOW, since our taxpayers voted him in, his Pension FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE, and PAID FOR BY TOWN TAXPAYERS, will be based on $65,000 for his 2 years of service, instead of 18/year the salary for the position he spent most of his time in.

The real kicker? His son will be running for Town Board. His qualifications? Well, he has the Rogowski last name. Unfortunately, in cheektowaga, that is all you need.
    Welcome to 20 more years of sideline politics, lame ducks, empty suits, and ungarnered waste .

Thread Information