This is another State Government System that needs to be reformed. I will tell you my horror story dealing with this system. I worked for a local municipality and have subtained many back injuries over the past thrity years of work. My doctors told my that it is time to retire or risk more injuries to my back. So I filed for my SSD and my NYSDR, after 22 month of hell dealing with the NYSDR I was denied twice. My SSD was approved with no problems and my appeal hearing was cancled due to my injuries. So now I have a marked degree of disability from the New York Workers' Comp. Board. The Federal Government (SSD) now puts me at totally disabled but the NYSDR says there is nothing wrong with you go back to work or the town will fire you. I have talked to many doctors and attorneys over the past six months that deal with the disability system and they tell me the same thing the laws they have made protect themselves not the injured worker. So after looking more and more into this system I have found out the state does not reconize the NYSWCB or SSD. They have set up there own set of laws that protect
them from giving any kind of benifits to the injured worker that gets hurt on the job. So I took the political route for some help, that was a mistake!
I encourage that all state, county, and municipal employees that are in this system to contact your area senator and assemblyman for changes to the two laws that protect the state from your right to disability benifits. The two laws are the NYS Social Security law Section 63 and Section 73 they were made to protect the state! If you need more information on my horror
story or need information on what your in for when you file you can contact me through this site. I will be listing all the politicans in this area with phone numbers and fax numbers. I have also over one thousand pitition papers that will be forwarded all State reps in this area. I am also in contact with the media about my story that nobody can believe.