Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New York State Disability Retirement System

New York State Disability Retirement System

This is another State Government System that needs to be reformed. I will tell you my horror story dealing with this system. I worked for a local municipality and have subtained many back injuries over the past thrity years of work. My doctors told my that it is time to retire or risk more injuries to my back. So I filed for my SSD and my NYSDR, after 22 month of hell dealing with the NYSDR I was denied twice. My SSD was approved with no problems and my appeal hearing was cancled due to my injuries. So now I have a marked degree of disability from the New York Workers' Comp. Board. The Federal Government (SSD) now puts me at totally disabled but the NYSDR says there is nothing wrong with you go back to work or the town will fire you. I have talked to many doctors and attorneys over the past six months that deal with the disability system and they tell me the same thing the laws they have made protect themselves not the injured worker. So after looking more and more into this system I have found out the state does not reconize the NYSWCB or SSD. They have set up there own set of laws that protect
    them from giving any kind of benifits to the injured worker that gets hurt on the job. So I took the political route for some help, that was a mistake!
    I encourage that all state, county, and municipal employees that are in this system to contact your area senator and assemblyman for changes to the two laws that protect the state from your right to disability benifits. The two laws are the NYS Social Security law Section 63 and Section 73 they were made to protect the state! If you need more information on my horror
    story or need information on what your in for when you file you can contact me through this site. I will be listing all the politicans in this area with phone numbers and fax numbers. I have also over one thousand pitition papers that will be forwarded all State reps in this area. I am also in contact with the media about my story that nobody can believe.

Sorry to say, but your story is not new and many people are and have traveled that same road.
    Here is a question you must ask yourself.
    When voting how many of these same politicians did you vote into office.
    If your answer is many or most. You have directly lead to your own demise.

Good luck

This is really bad good old New York screw the people again. Try to get your list toghter I want to see how many politicans answered you. I heard that they made a whole hearing division in Albany just to fight the injuried worker if you know anything about it fill us in.

It is true you have judges, lawyers, legal aids, and all staff that goes with the hearing division just to fight you. As you can see on my list of politicans that answered me was not very good. Robin Schimminger was the best he did answer every letter I wrote to him and also looked into my case, and he his not my area rep. The Worest Brian Higgens five letter i sent him and not on response. As one doctor put it these politicans know what is going on with this system but will due nothing about it.

Senator W. Stachowski 58th five letters maybe two responses
    Senator D Volker 59th four letters one response
    Senator A. Thompson 60th two letters no response
    Senator M Rath 61st two letters no responses
    Senator G. Maziarz 62nd two letters no responses
    Assemblymen J. Hayes 148th three letters one response
    Assemblymen J. Quinn 146th one response
    Assemblymen M. Schroeder no response
    Assemblymen S. Hoyt 144th one response
    Assemblywomen F. Delmonte 138th no response
    Assemblymen D. Gabryszak 143rd one response

I hope i have been of some help to everybody that has been emailing me. Just a couple of things tier 3&4 employees that pay into
    the retirement system it is very important that you push for these changes.
    You are paying into this system and if you get hurt and cannot work because of your injuries the NYSDR system will fight you to the end they are denying you benifits that you are paying into. You can copy and paste this petition fax it to any one of these politicans.

Dear Senator and Assemblymen:

I am a member of the New York State Retirement System and it is my understanding the
    Disability part of the retirement system needs to be reformed. This system has made laws
    to protect itself, not the employee that gets injured on the job. The Retirement System
    and its Social Security laws need to be changed! The appeal system is just as bad as the
    disability section. Social Security Law Section 63 and Section 74 need to be reformed as
    do many of the laws that protect the disability system and not the injured worker. The
    New York State Disability Retirement does not recognize New York State Workers’
    Compensation or Social Security Disability (Federal SSD) as part of the disability claim.
    Action must be taken to protect all State, County, and Municipal Employees that get injured on the job. The New York State Disability Retirement System and the Hearings Bureau are broken systems and need to be fixed.

Very truly yours,

CC: W. Stachowski Senator 58th
    D. Volker Senator 59th
    A. Thompson Senator 60th
    M. Rath Senator 61st
    G. Maziarz Senator 62nd
    J. Hayes Assemblymen 148th
    J. Quinn Assemblymen 146th
    M. Schroeder Assemblymen 145th
    S. Hoyt Assemblymen 144th
    R. Schimminger Assemblymen 140th
    F. Delmonte Assemblywomen 138th

Assembly:
    Jim Hayes: fax # 634-1250
    Sam Hoyt: 852-2799
    Crystal Peoples 897-1154
    Jack Quinn 826-0808
    Robin Schimminger 873-5675
    Mark Schroeder 826-1347

Senate:
    Byron Brown 854-3051
    Mary Lou Rath 633-0830
    William Stachowski 823-6372
    Dale Volker 656-8961

I will be adding more names as i get them.

I have been snooping around and have had my tracking buddies looking it this system. You are so right this is bad from what I was told it is probably the worst system in the states. The budget is in the millions for the hearing dept. just to fight the injured worker. (Good old Albany)

I feel like someone else is getting a bone.

I am working on more fax #s this one is important you can Email this office and also fax your complaint to this office. Office of the State Comptroller

Kevin Murrary Deputy Comptroller

fax 518-486-3117
    email kmurray@osc.state.ny.us

Thanks cheekman for the numbers i did not have any of these. Since I am new to this forum or doing any of this, any one else that has numbers you can post them . I will be trying to get some more over the weekend
    I will be working up in lockport area and North Tonawanda, Tonawanda getting sigs from employees that are members of the retirment system. Also will be posting more of my horror story dealing with this evil system.

Does any body know if cheekman is a dog? I do know one thing he can find out a lot of information again.

Quote Originally Posted by zinger
    I hope i have been of some help to everybody that has been emailing me. Just a couple of things tier 3&4 employees that pay into
    the retirement system it is very important that you push for these changes.
    You are paying into this system and if you get hurt and cannot work because of your injuries the NYSDR system will fight you to the end they are denying you benifits that you are paying into. You can copy and paste this petition fax it to any one of these politicans.

Dear Senator and Assemblymen:

I am a member of the New York State Retirement System and it is my understanding the
    Disability part of the retirement system needs to be reformed. This system has made laws
    to protect itself, not the employee that gets injured on the job. The Retirement System
    and its Social Security laws need to be changed! The appeal system is just as bad as the
    disability section. Social Security Law Section 63 and Section 74 need to be reformed as
    do many of the laws that protect the disability system and not the injured worker. The
    New York State Disability Retirement does not recognize New York State Workers’
    Compensation or Social Security Disability (Federal SSD) as part of the disability claim.
    Action must be taken to protect all State, County, and Municipal Employees that get injured on the job. The New York State Disability Retirement System and the Hearings Bureau are broken systems and need to be fixed.

Very truly yours,

CC: W. Stachowski Senator 58th
    D. Volker Senator 59th
    A. Thompson Senator 60th
    M. Rath Senator 61st
    G. Maziarz Senator 62nd
    J. Hayes Assemblymen 148th
    J. Quinn Assemblymen 146th
    M. Schroeder Assemblymen 145th
    S. Hoyt Assemblymen 144th
    R. Schimminger Assemblymen 140th
    F. Delmonte Assemblywomen 138th

The Above are the original Short bus crew. I have never Voted for Maziarz or the queen of stupid Francine Delomonte. If Satan is running against either of these two I vote for Satan. Good luck on your quest

As I learn more and more about job related injuries and how the insurance companies work to fight you in comp cases and in my case NYSDRS is totally wrong. Our politicans are making these laws many of them have been in office for years and years. ($$$$$). They do not like to change laws just make them which I believe are for their own gains. I was in contact with a group "Injuried Workers" and heard the stories about IME's and how they work against the injured worker. I well be posting what rights you have when you
    have to see a IME's(doctor).

Just found some things out over the weekend from my good friend Bert the bloodhound he was down in the Albany area last week snooping around. He tells me after 9/11 there were a lot of injured policemen and fireman and other workers injured as we all know. Many applied for there disability pension from the state lot of them were totally jerked around for years and never recieved anything. He also tells me the state retirement system is some what sperate from Government in Albany. Politicians don't have to much to say on what goes on in the retirement system it is part of the Comptrollers office. Bert is now back in town and tomorrow we are gtoing to the dog park so stay tuned for more info.

Again I want to say thanks for all the pititions about five hundred were collected over the last two days.
    I have recieved questions about independent medical doctor (IME) when you go see one it is very important that you take someone with you. Husband, wife, daughter, or friend they can go into the exam room with you. They will take notes about the exam and what the doctor says, this can also be video taped. The IME will not like this but to bad it is your right! I learned the hard way I never took no one with me. During my time dealing with the state they sent me to my first IME in January 06 the state waited one year to date January of 07 and sent me to another IME. I recieved my letter from the state in Febuary of 07 my disability was disapproved. I was told that I can request my medical reports from the state so I did. The first IME report said I was totally disabled from my job due to work related injuries. The second IME report said go back to work nothing wrong with his back. So the state made me wait one year found the right doctor to give the right report. From what I found out the last IME they sent me to is the states go to guy to get the right report. So it is very important to take someone with you during an exam and request your medical reports. This goes for any workmens comp claim, your employers insurance companies will send you to a IME. You have to remember IME's are not on your side or your friend. I will be posting the law about IME's and your rights as soon as I get them. Thanks cheekman for the information and as my doctor told me the NYSDRS is an evil system.

Dennis gabryszak fax # 716-686-0083 contact him on this broken system.

Sorry about the last post I will give you more detail on this guy.
    Dennis Gabryszak Assemblyman in the 143rd District covers most of cheektowaga. fax 716-686-0083 you can also call or e-mail his office and state your complaint. assembly.state.ny.us/ if you google this you can get all the numbers for there local offices but not the fax # am working on this part. This week if weather permitting I will be working the west senca area and South buffalo making contacts with municipal employees. Just remember the two laws which I stated at the top of this site must be changed the laws protect the state not the injured worker. So if you receive Federal SSD for the same work related injuries that the State denies you then who are they protecting not you! I will explain more on this and other issues and another part of my horror story with the state during my 33 months of hell this week.

Hey John....

Can you live in Amherst and work for Cheektowaga?

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information