I received this from I would guess a Buffalo Police Dept officer. I posted it and you can decipher it. It’s just more crap the i-w has to put up with! This is the reason legitimate injured workers have to jump through so many hoops. I have heard stories about the injured workers that return to work and are still kicked around but the labor fakers are taken care of. This problem seems to be more on the public sector where politics are involved. Right now I am looking into a story of a i-w that works for a local municipality that has 22 years of service, was awarded his disability pension for work injuries from the state and SSD. But his employer is trying to stop all his medical benefits; this is only being done because of politics so it is a never-ending fight for the i-w even when you return to work.

Every district I have worked in has the same complaint, “labor fakers” who are abusing the system. Do something about them. Stop harassing the officers who come to work everyday and go after the abusers. We all know that getting hurt is part of the job. Every call we go on, there is a possibility that we could get hurt. There are car accidents, fights, foot chases and many other possibilities of getting injured. It is part of our job and we accept it. If an officer has a valid injury, no one will complain about that person being off of work. However, there seems to be quite a few officers with dubious injuries and they are off for years. These are the people that the administration should be watching, not the people that have legitimated injuries and show up for work. A lunatic Bucky Phillips shot a New York State trooper. This trooper was, again I say was shot. He was back to work in nine months. We have officers who have been off for years with considerably less traumatic injuries than being shot. If you have legitimate injuries we have no complaints. Stay off and recuperate get yourself better and don’t come back to early. However, if you fell down in a parking lot and landed on your backside in a foot of snow and off for years you are a labor faker. Every working copper agrees, the labor fakers should be scrutinized more than the coppers that show up for work. An article in the Boston Globe mentioned how twenty-one officers on the 2,015 people Boston PD are off long term IOD. That department feels that this is too many offices to be off for such a long periods of time they have officers off for more than a year and up to six years. We have them beat. This administration should spend more effort and go after the labor fakers and leave the officers that show up for work alone.