Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: New York State Disability Retirement System

Did you ever read the "terms of use"??

Positive discussion as well as goodwill between members is our aspiration. It's significant to be familiar with the fact that there are noteworthy differences in person's opinions on topics like politics, we entail that members refrain from making direct statements about another person's opinions/statements/character as being "wrong". Instead, it is preferable for you to share with everyone the way things are believed in your contrast or give supporting information of incorrectness.

So tell me "cheekman", did you ever read this, or are you too disabled to understand it? I;m sorry, but there are only TWO cheeks I think of when reading your posts.....
    Fully stimulated...

Quote Originally Posted by zinger View Post
    a citizen
    Gold Member

Posts: 37 Also, do away with public disability insurance. Buy your own insurance. Wouldn't this help the business owner? State would no longer have to staff an office for Zinger's crying. What did this guy do? loose his appendages like that knight in "Monty Python?"
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

This person has no idea what he is talking about. Get your facts right then talk.
    The facts are that 68% of the state budget is health, education and welfare. Cut these things and you cut budgets. Individuals have to start taking care of themselves and stop depending on government. Private insurance is a way for you to take care of yourself. If you want the government to take care of you, move to cuba. As far as posts, everyone has to start somewhere. Did you start at post #1 or were you subsidized by the government?

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Actually in the State of New York our State Constitution provides:

NY Const Art I, § 18

Nothing contained in this constitution shall be construed to limit the power of the legislature to enact laws for the protection of the lives, health, or safety of employees; or for the payment, either by employers, or by employers and employees or otherwise, either directly or through a state or other system of insurance or otherwise, of compensation for injuries to employees or for death of employees resulting from such injuries without regard to fault as a cause thereof, except where the injury is occasioned by the willful intention of the injured employee to bring about the injury or death of himself or herself or of another, or where the injury results solely from the intoxication of the injured employee while on duty; or for the adjustment, determination and settlement, with or without trial by jury, of issues which may arise under such legislation; or to provide that the right of such compensation, and the remedy therefor shall be exclusive of all other rights and remedies for injuries to employees or for death resulting from such injuries; or to provide that the amount of such compensation for death shall not exceed a fixed or determinable sum; provided that all moneys paid by an employer to his or her employees or their legal representatives, by reason of the enactment of any of the laws herein authorized, shall be held to be a proper charge in the cost of operating the business of the employer.

NY Const Art XVII, § 1

The aid, care and support of the needy are public concerns and shall be provided by the state and by such of its subdivisions, and in such manner and by such means, as the legislature may from time to time determine.
    I think this needed to be mentioned again.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    I think this needed to be mentioned again.
    O.K. Your right. But thats where are money is going to.

Quote Originally Posted by a citizen View Post
    The facts are that 68% of the state budget is health, education and welfare. Cut these things and you cut budgets. Individuals have to start taking care of themselves and stop depending on government. Private insurance is a way for you to take care of yourself. If you want the government to take care of you, move to cuba. As far as posts, everyone has to start somewhere. Did you start at post #1 or were you subsidized by the government?
    Me i have received no money from anyone i just keep on working. have a nice night

As the injured and disabled can find more and more information about there cases and how the system works you will always have someone that does not like this. As you can
    see the past couple of post on how the same old people will have a negative comment but the interesting part is they keep coming back to read. They could be an employer or a employee of the comp system or NYSRS, politicians or who ever. That is why the injured and disabled has been left in the dark for years and years. Go back about five years and there would be no sites of this kind around if there was they would be shut down because of the reasons I stated. There are blogs all over now and forums that the injured can get that information they need. There is also a site with a comp attorney that will answer your questions , I have sent that out hundreds of times just pm me and I’ll send you the site. The WCB of every state in the union now has a forum for the I-w on that states site. The net is wide open and the problem for these people are that they get upset. You can block them off your site and I know many of you have . I have been receiving a lot email from injured and disable vets
    that need a lot of information, since more and more are coming home and looking for work . I really don’t know to much on that and have sent them to different sites that I know of and the DAV site. If any other vets out there or anyone with information on contacts for these people let me know and I can post it and send it out thank you. Semper Fidelis
    Last edited by zinger; November 18th, 2008 at 11:37 PM.

A Word About Veterans’ Preference

Since the time of the Civil War, veterans of the Armed Forces have been given some degree of preference in appointments to Federal jobs. Recognizing their sacrifice, Congress enacted laws to prevent veterans seeking Federal employment from being penalized for their time in military service. Veterans’ preference recognizes the economic loss suffered by citizens who have served their country in uniform, restores veterans to a favorable competitive position for Government employment, and acknowledges the larger obligation owed to DESABLED VETERANS. SEMPER-FI
    Last edited by monkeyman; November 19th, 2008 at 11:32 PM.

The NYSRS disabilities is run by the NYS Comptrollers office, all disability cases come out of this office including the hearing division. The NYS social security laws (64,73,396) that protect the state and not the injured and disabled are all acted upon from here. I posted not to long ago on what the part time medical board doctors are making to deny you your disability benefits. Now you are you are awarded your SSD and WC benefits for the same injuries the state denies you. Why because they have their own standards (what they are god only knows) and the state does not recognize the feds or the state comp board. If you are working under that system you must continue to voice your concern over the reforms that are needed to this system to your area representatives. (Senator and Assemblymen) Again the politicians have made the laws to protect the state and could careless about the LEGENAMENT injured worker. (A faker would have not received SSD benefits or WC benefits yet get benefits from the state) The State Comptrollers office has about 26 deputy comptrollers and assistant comptrollers that we know of all making over six figure salaries. How nice is that, but they will fight a disabled person for years when that person has a legenament injury and hoping you just go away.
    BARRON, KEVIN MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY
    CASTLEMAN, JAMES F MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY
    LEFTON, ANDREA M MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY
    SULLIVAN, JAMES M MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY
    TSANG, MARJORIE ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $200,000.00 ANNUAL
    BARRETT, WILLIAM M ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $200,000.00 ANNUAL
    BERRY, DANIEL C ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $162,836.00
    BECKER, MARGARET N DEPUTY COMPTROLLER COMPTROLLER $162,836.00
    AGLIACCIO, ELLIOT P ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $161,257.00
    BURTON, NANCY ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $159,984.00
    DIXON, ANGELA ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $133,461.00
    PATTISON, MARK P EXEC DEP COMPTROLLER COMPTROLLER $164,697.00
    Last edited by zinger; November 25th, 2008 at 12:09 AM.

The NYSRS disabilities is run by the NYS Comptrollers office, all disability cases come out of this office including the hearing division. The NYS social security laws (64,73,396) that protect the state and not the injured and disabled are all acted upon from here. I posted not to long ago on what the part time medical board doctors are making to deny you your disability benefits. Now you are you are awarded your SSD and WC benefits for the same injuries the state denies you. Why because they have their own standards (what they are god only knows) and the state does not recognize the feds or the state comp board. If you are working under that system you must continue to voice your concern over the reforms that are needed to this system to your area representatives. (Senator and Assemblymen) Again the politicians have made the laws to protect the state and could careless about the LEGENAMENT injured worker. (A faker would have not received SSD benefits or WC benefits yet get benefits from the state) The State Comptrollers office has about 26 deputy comptrollers and assistant comptrollers that we know of all making over six figure salaries. How nice is that, but they will fight a disabled person for years when that person has a legenament injury and hoping you just go away.

BARRON, KEVIN MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY
    CASTLEMAN, JAMES F MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY
    LEFTON, ANDREA M MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY
    SULLIVAN, JAMES M MEMBER RETIRE SYS MD BD COMPTROLLER $192.22 HOURLY

TSANG, MARJORIE ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $200,000.00 ANNUAL
    BARRETT, WILLIAM M ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $200,000.00 ANNUAL
    BERRY, DANIEL C ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $162,836.00
    BECKER, MARGARET N DEPUTY COMPTROLLER COMPTROLLER $162,836.00
    AGLIACCIO, ELLIOT P ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $161,257.00
    BURTON, NANCY ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLL $159,984.00
    DIXON, ANGELA ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $133,461.00
    PATTISON, MARK P EXEC DEP COMPTROLLER COMPTROLLER $164,697.00
    SULLIVAN, JOAN M ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $164,697.00
    HANCOX, STEVEN J DEPUTY COMPTROLLER COMPTROLLER $162,836.00
    HAWKINS, JACQUELYN DEPUTY COMPTROLLER COMPTROLLER $162,836.00
    MURRAY, KEVIN F D EPUTY COMPTROLLER COMPTROLLER $162,836.00
    HILLERMAN, STEPHEN R ASSNT DPTY COMPTRLR COMPTROLLER $132,613.00

2008 NYS Public Payroll

Then you wonder why this state is broke!

The question NYRS disability standards as I said I have no idea what their standards are, if you are ruled by SSD and workers comp that you are disabled. But here is the problem that you will have. You will receive a letter from the state saying you are denied your disability and it hereby found the applicant is not permanently incapacitated for the performance of duties. Now you retune to work as being disabled and your employer (state, county, town, village etc). says we don’t want you. Or we have no work for someone that is disabled. (Discrimination?) This has happened to thousands of workers throughout the state system because they go by what the state decision is. So are they serving people with disabilities with out discrimination, I say No because the state continues to ignore the ruling by the feds and WC. If you think you can fight this forget it many people have tried but $$$$$$$$$ for legal fees mount up very fast. That is why to get these politicians to look into this broken system. When the NYSRS does not work with the NYSWCB then I would say something is wrong when it comes to the injured worker. If they worked together they sure would save the TXP millions of dollars. That is bureaucracy at it’s worst!

This was an interesting opinion in yesterdays NYT newspaper.

State’s elected officials are doing a terrible job

“For the sake of our children’s future and America, I hope we all will be diligent enough to be informed about the next crop of politicians and tell them what we expect and will hold them responsible for. At this point, the term PUBLIC OFFICAL can be a synonym for “incompetent.”

I would like to wish all the injured and disabled workers and disabled vets and their families that I have had the pleasure to have contact with over the last 9 months have a Happy Thanksgiving. Fight for what you believe in and never give up. SEMPER FI

“A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life,
    Wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America'
    For an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
    That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    In this country who no longer understand it.”

The Red Cross has set up a program you can send Holiday mail to our troops disabled vets, and vets, if you have children grandchildren they can make their own card and send it out they have to be postmarked by12/10/08

Holiday Mail for Heroes
    Holiday Mail for Heroes is a partnership between the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes to deliver one million holiday cards to American service members, veterans and their families in the United States and around the world. Please send cards to this address, following the guidelines listed below:
    Holiday Mail for Heroes
    PO Box 5456
    Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
    Please follow these simple guidelines when sending your card to ensure it will quickly reach service members, veterans and their families.
    · All cards must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, December 10, 2008. Cards sent after this date will be returned to sender.
    · If sending more than one card, please mail all cards together in one large shipping envelope. Cards sent in this manner do not need individual envelopes or postage.
    · Please ensure that all cards are signed.
    · Please use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.”
    · Please do not include personal information, like email or home addresses.
    · Please do not send letters.
    http://www.redcross.org/email/saf/

Quote Originally Posted by zinger View Post
    The question NYRS disability standards as I said I have no idea what their standards are, if you are ruled by SSD and workers comp that you are disabled. But here is the problem that you will have. You will receive a letter from the state saying you are denied your disability and it hereby found the applicant is not permanently incapacitated for the performance of duties. Now you retune to work as being disabled and your employer (state, county, town, village etc). says we don’t want you. Or we have no work for someone that is disabled. (Discrimination?) This has happened to thousands of workers throughout the state system because they go by what the state decision is. So are they serving people with disabilities with out discrimination, I say No because the state continues to ignore the ruling by the feds and WC. If you think you can fight this forget it many people have tried but $$$$$$$$$ for legal fees mount up very fast. That is why to get these politicians to look into this broken system. When the NYSRS does not work with the NYSWCB then I would say something is wrong when it comes to the injured worker. If they worked together they sure would save the TXP millions of dollars. That is bureaucracy at it’s worst!

This was an interesting opinion in yesterdays NYT newspaper.

State’s elected officials are doing a terrible job

“For the sake of our children’s future and America, I hope we all will be diligent enough to be informed about the next crop of politicians and tell them what we expect and will hold them responsible for. At this point, the term PUBLIC OFFICAL can be a synonym for “incompetent.”
    After I posted up about what are the NYSRS disability standards
    are, I received a response from a personal director from a town in NYS. This person told me the state believes there benefits are for life and SSD (feds) are not or could be taken away. I guess what they mean is the feds could send you for an exam (ime) down the road at some time. But if you are disabled from your job and the state would give you your award why the hell would the feds take it away. If it’s ligament so why would you worry. You were awarded SSD for THE SAME work injuries the state denies you. This is just more BS from the NYSRS just to jerk you around.

Fraud; Section 114 of the Workers’ Comp Laws provides, in part, that any employer or carrier, or any employee, agent, or person acting on behalf of an employer, who knowingly makes a false statement or representation as to a material fact for the purpose of avoiding provision of any payment or benefit under this chapter shall be guilty of a FELONY.

Like I said before if you get this far and receive an award for the injuries that another agency denies you then what do you call that?

The biggest weapon the IC, WC, and NYSRS is time they will make you wait and wait and their strategy is for you to give up. If you have put a claim in with the NYSRS the first thing your case worker will tell you, It will be one year wait for a decision BS! ( it will be longer) Any one of those systems have made many injured workers wait and wait tell they gave up that is their game plan. Never give up because that is what they want you to do, patience is the key. Keeping your Patience costs the I-W NOTHING...but the IC or the state must continue to pay to fight the battle! Litigation is not cheap"...Patience IS. This was sent to me from an injured worker that person also posted this on another site.

Patience is the key. It allows you to think clearer, plan your strategy better, not make quick decisions that you come to regret later, and by doing this w/c can't win, because we are not just going to go away, we are going to stay and fight, with Patience by our side!!! I know this is long, but I felt it necessary to let you that haven't been as far down this rocky road yet what I have found that works great for me. I am totally disabled at 45, SSDI and My Dr. wholly agree with this diagnosis, but w/c will have nothing to hear of it and they are working overtime and doing anything they can to try and take away from me what is rightfully mine! My next Hearing before a w/c Judge will be number 10, and by the looks of things there may be 10 more before this thing is over. But I've found Patience, my mind is clear, my Battle Plan is sound, my Anger is gone and I've dug in for the Long Fight. I will not let them Anger me, Depress me, take away ONE thing that is mine, I will fight until the last drop of the Gavel, because I have Patience on my side!!! You may read this and feel that I'm wrong, you are never going to win, and no matter how much Patience you have you are not going to come out on top! I felt that exact same way until I realize this is nothing Personal to them, I am a case Number ad a file, and it's their job to make me go away at the least cost. But with Patience they will come to find I am here to Stay, and none of their Games are going to, make me put down my guard and let them win!!! I have Patience on my side, the most Powerful Tool of all, and I'm staying to the Bitter End!!!

The injured worker needs as much information about their case as possible. Like I have said the more information you have will benefit you in the long run. Lots of i-w will call their attorneys office because they have questions regarding their comp case. These people are so busy it might take awhile before they get back to you. So write your important questions down so you know what you want to ask when they call back. Another good time is before your comp case hearing you will have some time before you go into the court room, usually your attorney will talk to you before you go in then ask your questions. Also after you come out of the hearing room is another good time to ask your questions to your attorney. Last week I had to go to court, and a week before the hearing I had to meet with two attorneys about my case. They were surprised that I had every document they needed over a four-year period. Comp decision, my medical records, hearing dates, comp payroll records, ime records, social security documents. At the end of the two hour meeting with them they told me the biggest problem with the I-w is not having records of their case history, it just saves a lot of time on both ends.

Another person that can help you out with questions about your WC case is your caseworker. Most i-w don’t even know they have a caseworker why because know one tells them. When you get your paper work from the comp board regarding your case, in the lower right hand corner is the name of your caseworker. The phone number of the local comp board should be right under that person’s name. I have yet to hear any i-w say anything bad about their caseworker they will definitely try to help you out.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information