Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Carpet Fiasco

The Carpet Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by West Seneca Bee, Feb 28, 2008
    Supervisor Wallace Piotrowski did not like the fact that the Town Board was just voting Monday on the purchase of carpet that has already been installed in the WS Senior Center... Piotroski moved to delay the approval of payment for carpet on the question of whether the process of its purchase under the prior administration was legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by West Seneca Bee, Feb 28, 2008, Editorial
    The Town Board tabled a request Monday to approve carpet replacement work at the West Seneca Senior Center.
    That sounds simple enough, but there is one large problem: the carpet has already been installed.
    This situation prompts several questions:
    If there is a question of legality surrounding the project, shouldn't it have come to someone's attention before Monday night?
    Why was the project allowed to lapse so long that funding for it was nearly lost (by a grant from US HUD grant approved in 2006)?
    If there are any irregularities found in the process by which the project was completed, what will be the sanctions? Is the carpeting going to be ripped out?

In a subsequent town board meeting, the carpeting funding was approved unanimously, but this was not Wally's finest hour. Seniors attended that meeting enmass, and Wally's heavy handed ignorant manner was controled. There will soon come a time when he will lot have the previous board to kick around any longer. I think the voters of West Seneca made a mistake last November. So far the best hope for some reason has come from Bove. At least she saw that funding was provided through a grant. At least she saw that the grant money was not lost forever. In Wally's World, nothing positive happens, only incrimination and destruction.

I think they call this sour grapes

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    I think the voters of West Seneca made a mistake last November. So far the best hope for some reason has come from Bove.
    Oh Boo-hoo ! Don't worry, Tina will be running for an office every two years still.

Regarding the rugs, all Wally did was make sure everything was up to snuff, that's all. I wish he'd remove that eyesore of a sled hill Bove is so proud of. It was a good idea, but poorly done. I hope someone stops the boat launch idea she had too. An area to fish, picnic and possibly a nature trail would be suffice back there. The best reason for hope ? Where was she regarding Princeton Estates and your pet peeve, the Canisius Fields on Clinton St. ? Never heard a peep from her about or against those issues. As far as the quotes from the Bee, who cares. This website is as credible as that paper. I love the "Bee heard" section. It is laughable. Anyone can say anything anonymously and they print it. The editor usually "bee lines" for Tina after each meeting, it's obvious the editor has a bias.

Wally World.....That is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Oh Boo-hoo !
    Regarding the rugs, all Wally did was make sure everything was up to snuff, that's all.
    Wally World.....That is a good one.
    Wallance Pirotrowski is ignorant, and you are his shill. You are the pitchman for Wally's World. Your buddy shill Erly has been busy watching the ice melt. Want some info, ask him, he is close to the action. As far as this site being credible, it is only as credible as its posters, and you are not credible. Of course you are against a boat launch, and how can you have a "good" idea, but a "poorly done" hill? A hill is a hill, but not in Wally's World.

Do I detect a bit of Hostility ?

Wallace Piotrowski is ignorant..
    Why ? Because he won ? Get over it already. You appear to be coming apart at the seams. Get a grip
    You are the pitchman for Wally's World..
    I'd prefer the term Henchman
    Your buddy shill Erly has been busy watching the ice melt.
    Glad to see he got a hobby
    Want some info, ask him, he is close to the action.?
    ...depends on what kind of action we're talking about here
    As far as this site being credible, it is only as credible as its posters, and you are not credible.?
    A website like this will have credibility issues and biases. A newspaper editor shouldn't. The West Seneca Bee editor does.
    Of course you are against a boat launch, ?
    It's not necessary and the creek is too low there often.
    how can you have a "good" idea, but a "poorly done" hill?
    As I underestand it, the sled hill was built in response to a kid being hit by a car while sledding on a old railroad bridge hill on Indian Church Rd. It was a sincere and genuinely good idea. But poorly executed. I was there with my grandkids sledding and a guy on a snowmobile comes out of nowhere up the side of the hill. There are too many blindspots and it is poorly laid out.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Hi Wally

Quote Originally Posted by SOE
    You are the pitchman for Wally's World.
    I'd perfer the term Henchman.
    You are either WP or his good buddy. Either way, the term "Henchman" is good terminology for Wally's World. It is a world dedicated to small minds and limited horizons.

Your buddy shill Erly has been busy watching ice melt.
    Glad to see he got a hobby.
    What hobby? In the fall, he will watch it freeze.

and biases. A newspaper editor shouldn't. The West Seneca Bee editor does.
    Why because he finds Wallance Piotrowski an ignorant dolt? Hi Wally. Get over it already. Get a grip. The Bee editor is a serious breath of fresh air.

A website like this will have credibility issues and biases.
    I'll say, you are posting on it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How many people do you think really use the WS Senior Center over all?

What kind of cost are we talking about on this carpet including install?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident

Not everything is Googleable.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well some of you must go the senior center seeing you know about it. Is it's 100 of the same people over and over or is it 2000 people over and over visiting the place?

The Senior Center

Seems to be open

Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

What they do there:

• The Nutrition Program is held daily (Monday - Friday) at 12:30 PM

• Wednesday, April 2nd

New York State - Lost Funds
    10 AM 'til Noon

• Thursday, April 3rd

$ 1.50 Dance
    7:00 PM 'til 10:00 PM
    Music by Joe Donahue
    • Saturday, April 5th

Card Party / Pinochle Tournament - 1:00 PM
    Admission $ 3.00

• Income Taxes

Taxes will be prepared on Fridays only . . .
    February 8th through April 11th
    9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
    Bring a copy of last years taxes
    • Sunday, April 20th

Spring Dance
    4:30 PM 'til 9:30 PM
    Admission: $3.00
    Doors open - 4:30 PM
    Roast beef sandwiches ($3.00 each) served at 5:30 PM
    Dancing to Live Music 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
    Music by Krew Brothers
    • Wednesday and Friday

Reverse Decoupage
    10: AM 'til 12:00 PM Noon
    MUST SIGN UP for classes!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Senior Fitness Center

Stay fit and be healthy, join the West Seneca Senior Fitness Center. Membership is only $10.00 per month.
    The Fitness Center is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM 'til 2:00 PM daily. Call Teri at 558-2258 or stop by and tour the facility.
    Ask about the Strength and Flexibilty Classes

In a subsequent town board meeting, the carpeting funding was approved unanimously, but this was not Wally's finest hour. Seniors attended that meeting enmass, and Wally's heavy handed ignorant manner was controled. There will soon come a time when he will lot have the previous board to kick around any longer. I think the voters of West Seneca made a mistake last November. So far the best hope for some reason has come from Bove. At least she saw that funding was provided through a grant. At least she saw that the grant money was not lost forever. In Wally's World, nothing positive happens, only incrimination and destruction.
    The oft stated mantra of the new administration that it was the old administration's fault is getting old. Soon regardless of fault the new administration is going to have to produce substantive results to cure these issues rather than mere lip service and the blame game.

For example although Mr. Piotrowski's stated motivation for questioning the carpeting in the senior center is commendable, he should show equal zeal in relation to the gas contract which the Town admits was entered into in violation of the competitive bidding requirements of the NYS General Municipal Law (the carpet purchase may arguably be in violation of the Town's procurement policy, but was exempt from the competitive bidding requirement for public works because it was less than $20,000.00). Another difference is that the carpeting was paid from a grant from HUD whereas the payments to the gas utility is paid from the Town's general fund.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Well some of you must go the senior center seeing you know about it. Is it's 100 of the same people over and over or is it 2000 people over and over visiting the place?
    Of course the WS Senior Center is listed on Google, but not how many use it, or how much the carpet cost. That is not important to the issue of grandstanding over the paying for carpeting already installed, which actually is being paid for through a grant. Wallace Piotrowski is playing the demonizing card as long as possible, and quietly working to dismantle the good programs developed by the previous administration. Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    I wish he'd remove that eyesore of a sled hill Bove is so proud of. It was a good idea, but poorly done.
    Yes folks, let's take down the hill because it is an "eyesore". That is the mentality of Wallace Piotrowski and his shill, aka "Henchman". Probably the next on target will be the Burchfield Park and its funding/staffing.
    Last edited by Niagara; April 13th, 2008 at 09:42 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Does anyone know how many people frequent the Senior Center. I'm just wonder now in general how used some of these departments are.

Does anyone know how many people frequent the Senior Center. I'm just wonder now in general how used some of these departments are.
    I walked through it once and saw alot of people playing cards. I know one senior who for over 20 years attended Wednesday ceramics. They have cheap meals during the day. Basicly, it is a publicly funded clubhouse which works as long as the senior has transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Mr. Piotrowski'.. should show equal zeal in relation to the gas contract which the Town admits was entered into in violation of the competitive bidding requirements of the NYS General Municipal Law ..the payments to the gas utility is paid from the Town's general fund.
    The problem is Roger needs the money he gets providing gas to the town, and he is such a good source of $$$ to needy politicians. Wallance Piotrowski no doubt already has his special relationship setup with Roger. I wonder where Wally, I mean SOE went. Probably the same place as Erlyrizer, under some rock.

I walked through it once and saw alot of people playing cards. I know one senior who for over 20 years attended Wednesday ceramics. They have cheap meals during the day. Basicly, it is a publicly funded clubhouse which works as long as the senior has transportation.

The problem is Roger needs the money he gets providing gas to the town, and he is such a good source of $$$ to needy politicians. Wallance Piotrowski no doubt already has his special relationship setup with Roger. I wonder where Wally, I mean SOE went. Probably the same place as Erlyrizer, under some rock.

The way you talk, I would think you were the spawn of Kern!
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

He should show equal zeal in relation to the gas contract
    Do you know when this gas contract expires ? Would the board have to live with it till then ? Or will you say that because it was entered into with a clear violation of NYS bidding law that it is null and void ? Do you know for a fact that Wally hasn't looked into or done anything about this contract ?
    the carpet purchase may arguably be in violation of the Town's procurement policy, but was exempt from the competitive bidding requirement for public works because it was less than $20,000.00)
    It was in violation of town policy. Which takes precedent town or state policy ?
    Quote Originally Posted by wnyresident
    Whatever it is, I'm sure it operates at a deficit like most public facilities. But Res, ... they're old. We don't really want to compare dollar value on senior services vs. the goodwill of such programs....or do we ?
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel
    I wonder where Wally, I mean SOE went..
    I was only gone a little while and you missed me
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel
    Probably the same place as Erlyrizer
    I was wondering the same thing about Psycho. Maybe Erly and Psycho went on vacation......together ? (but if that were so, they would have asked you too )
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information