Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Local 17 Members Arrested

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I say to put our community at ease we no longer act as the "pass thru" for union funds because they are INVOLUNTARY.

I can't believe that as a community we would put anyone who works for us with that burden.

It should be VOLUNTARY at minimum but I think it should be done on the workers side not our government side because it's INVOLUNTARY.

You get your paycheck you then elect to pay your dues if you want. OR you set up from your OWN account an automatic deduction for your dues.

From a lot of people who I have come in contact with there are quite a few who would rather KEEP THIER OWN money. We shouldn't stand in thier way.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    No matter how loud many of us have cried out for years that this and more corruption was taking place in EC and NYS Government. No one cared to listen.
    Even On this site.

Notice it has to be the FED to take down corruption in NYS. Our own AG won't do the job they are required to do.
    Dont forget the sins of omission by our always endorsed by 4 parties, always elected D.A. Sure, he cant prosecute federal crimes, but there are certainly enough state crimes that were committed. Where was he these last 10 years?

Really, the surge of cash from the unions to the politicians has got to be severed. That is the only way to diffuse the corrosive influence all the unions have on this community.

The real difficult issue in this are the rulings that campaign contributions are a form of "free speech".

Who knows.... Maybe we need to redefine "free speech" as being only an individual right and not one assertable by a legal entity.

The little guy, is the small business owner, who tries to build a business but is removed from the process by the large public unions.

Say what you want but the unions to not represent the little guy. They are not a voice of the individual worker but rather the collective voice of all of their workers.
    Almost my own words, yet some A-hole has the nerve to say I'm full of hot air. While that may be true some of the time, about unions, I am correct. They need to go (starting with gov't employee unions).
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Scumbags..........

Authorities described union organizers Carl A. Larson, 43, and James L. Minter III, 36, and the local’s president and business manager, Mark N. Kirsch, 48, as the leaders of the “Local 17 Criminal Enterprise.”
    In addition to Kirsch, Larson and Minter, the union members charged are: business representatives Gerald H. Franz Jr., 45; Jeffrey A. Peterson, 45; and Thomas Freedenberg, 51; former business representative Gerald E. Bove, 62; and union members Michael J. Caggiano, 38; Jeffrey C. Lennon, 53; Kenneth Edbauer, 63; George DeWald, 50; and Michael Eddy, 39. <------ these are the "fun" guys , the A-Holes that give ALL unions a black eye".............Please don't "paint" all unions with the same brush............most are not like this "bunch" who I believe are "acting" quite pert with themselves , almost proud & feel "Gotti-esque".........
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Comet
    Really, the surge of cash from the unions to the politicians has got to be severed. That is the only way to diffuse the corrosive influence all the unions have on this community.

The real difficult issue in this are the rulings that campaign contributions are a form of "free speech".

Who knows.... Maybe we need to redefine "free speech" as being only an individual right and not one assertable by a legal entity.
    I would be APAULED if I had to pay money to work for the community and then have it go to a person running for office which didn't share the same ethics and ideals I had.

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    Authorities described union organizers Carl A. Larson, 43, and James L. Minter III, 36, and the local’s president and business manager, Mark N. Kirsch, 48, as the leaders of the “Local 17 Criminal Enterprise.”
    In addition to Kirsch, Larson and Minter, the union members charged are: business representatives Gerald H. Franz Jr., 45; Jeffrey A. Peterson, 45; and Thomas Freedenberg, 51; former business representative Gerald E. Bove, 62; and union members Michael J. Caggiano, 38; Jeffrey C. Lennon, 53; Kenneth Edbauer, 63; George DeWald, 50; and Michael Eddy, 39. <------ these are the "fun" guys , the A-Holes that give ALL unions a black eye".............Please don't "paint" all unions with the same brush............most are not like this "bunch" who I believe are "acting" quite pert with themselves , almost proud & feel "Gotti-esque".........
    I am sorry Winfield but in my opinion, the busts of 3 "criminal enterprise" unions in WNY in the last 10 years, with the prospect of another coming; together with the fed prosecutor's observation that NYC and Buffalo are two of the worst places in the Nation for labor racketeering do absolutely nothing to advance your cause.

Add to that the greed and irascibility of the local public sector union reps (Bender, Orlando and Rumore).. and the argument gets even tougher to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet
    I am sorry Winfield but in my opinion, the busts of 3 "criminal enterprise" unions in WNY in the last 10 years, with the prospect of another coming; together with the fed prosecutor's observation that NYC and Buffalo are two of the worst places in the Nation for labor racketeering do absolutely nothing to advance your cause.

Add to that the greed and irascibility of the local public sector union reps (Bender, Orlando and Rumore).. and the argument gets even tougher to make.
    believe me comet , the county & city unions are "run" by mostly wussys (sic ?) that are afraid of their own shadows.........No organized crime by these A-Holes , just possible "collusion" with the adminstrations for some of themselves & their special friends , but not one is the type for something like 17's "strong-arm" tactics........they're just TOO much like "P*SS*'s...............seriously...they're whimps , our mothers could beat them up ! Please forgive my verbage insinuations , I'm sorry but that's how they are..........can't really state how the State is , but I've heard they are the same...............once you "venture" into 210 or 91 "territory" is where it can get ugly...........

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Mr. Orlando and his posse would be using some of the same tactics these guys have used had they not already have a monopoly on the community.

Instead of using PHYSCALL FORCE to get more members and line THEIR OWN POCKETS. They use MONATARY FORCE to get more members to LINE THEIR OWN PICKETS, using bribes and the monopoly they have on the community.

Same sheep, diffrent clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GG716
    Mr. Orlando and his posse would be using some of the same tactics these guys have used had they not already have a monopoly on the community.

Instead of using PHYSCALL FORCE to get more members and line THEIR OWN POCKETS. They use MONATARY FORCE to get more members to LINE THEIR OWN PICKETS, using bribes and the monopoly they have on the community.

Same sheep, diffrent clothing.
    gg , bribes , pretty serious charge , you have proof of course........?

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    gg , bribes , pretty serious charge , you have proof of course........?
    Proof... they list all of them at the board of elections. Even gives the date the money was given.

deal with bullies the only effective way: hit back, harder.

When they threaten, just let them know that whatever they can find out you can find out too, if they want to go that route.

These people exist and thrive on FEAR. If I were a businessman, I would not hesitate to throw their oen threats back at them. They will be afriad because they are cowards and will wonder.... "what if......"
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Proof... they list all of them at the board of elections. Even gives the date the money was given.
    rez you are speaking about campaign contributions right ? Isn't "bribe" anither entirely different thing..........Is Orlando guilty or any of the union executives of any of the county unions guilty of any illegal activities ? I don't want to see a ledger of campaign contributions , I want to see illegal funding with the express purpose of an illegal deal..............say & believeing is one thing , proving is quite the other , an "opinion" is not & wll not "stand-up" in the court of law.................Now Local 17 is an enite anomal of a different color............extortion with threats of bodily harm , harassment , vandalism , ACTUAL "battery" to a person(s) , etc. I don't quite think the county unions are in that league , nor the city's..............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trolls_r_us
    deal with bullies the only effective way: hit back, harder.

When they threaten, just let them know that whatever they can find out you can find out too, if they want to go that route.

These people exist and thrive on FEAR. If I were a businessman, I would not hesitate to throw their oen threats back at them. They will be afriad because they are cowards and will wonder.... "what if......"
    troll , 5 years ago if you were to fight Local 17 back (esp. by yourself or company) , they'd have you for breakfast , you'd "run" to the FBI also , which is a good , smart thing to do , to take on those A-Holes would be a mistake , that's what the Feds are for.............The Feds did a great service to our county this week & for the past 5-10 years they investigated this group , shame the FBI is "unionized" also..............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    rez you are speaking about campaign contributions right ? Isn't "bribe" anither entirely different thing..........Is Orlando guilty or any of the union executives of any of the county unions guilty of any illegal activities ? I don't want to see a ledger of campaign contributions , I want to see illegal funding with the express purpose of an illegal deal..............say & believeing is one thing , proving is quite the other , an "opinion" is not & wll not "stand-up" in the court of law.................Now Local 17 is an enite anomal of a different color............extortion with threats of bodily harm , harassment , vandalism , ACTUAL "battery" to a person(s) , etc. I don't quite think the county unions are in that league , nor the city's..............
    Bribe - donation - what is really the difference? Your giving money in hope of getting your way really. Sort of the same thing wouldn't you say? Specially when it's basically a special interest group.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information