Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ECMC Public Benefit Corporation Dissolve?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksimm
    Just did a little more research on the subject, and found that the County leg already sent a home rule message to the State leg on January 25th.

It said exactly the opposite of what Mr. Collins is advocating for!!

It fully supported the continuance of the public benefit corporation instead of asking to dissolve it.

Why is Collins asking the governor to do something that he cannot do? The issue has already been decided, because the County Leg already stated their position on the issue.

Talk about barking up the wrong tree!!
    I haven't done any research but if my memory serves me correctly, didn't the Berger Commission say that if a merger does not happen, theState has thepower to close either hospital,?

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    I haven't done any research but if my memory serves me correctly, didn't the Berger Commission say that if a merger does not happen, theState has thepower to close either hospital,?
    I think you are correct on that one, buffy.

But I have to ask, if they close ECMCC, does their outstanding debt of nearly $100 million dollars when Mr. Giambra sold ECMCC back to itself, fall directly back to the taxpayers of Erie County? Will they be saddled with another $100 million dollars of debt?

And, where does the $100 million dollar surplus go that ECMCC is sitting on?
    Could it be engineered so that Kaleida Health gets $100 million dollars of taxpayer money free and clear with a so-called merger?

I think these are important questions the taxpayer should be asking, wouldn't you agree?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77
    I think you are correct on that one, buffy.

But I have to ask, if they close ECMCC, does their outstanding debt of nearly $100 million dollars when Mr. Giambra sold ECMCC back to itself, fall directly back to the taxpayers of Erie County? Will they be saddled with another $100 million dollars of debt?

And, where does the $100 million dollar surplus go that ECMCC is sitting on?
    Could it be engineered so that Kaleida Health gets $100 million dollars of taxpayer money free and clear with a so-called merger?

I think these are important questions the taxpayer should be asking, wouldn't you agree?
    Shouldn't they just use that surplus to pay off the debt, and send the remaining money back to the taxpayers?

I'm not very knowledgeable about ECMC. I know they have an excellent trauma center and burn clinic. Is there anything else?

It seems like those two important pieces could be merged with Kaleida in a new building on the medical campus.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Kalieda is controlled by some very powerful interests. They have two objectives. One is to eliminate competition and the other is to get their hands on whatever assets that ECMC has.
    Your crazy if you think they are going to assume any debt from this "merger". The taxpayer will eat it (you and I). Just as we always do.
    The assets that ECMC has belongs to us. The fact that the public owns anything that some rich connected people could be profiting is an abomination to the powerful interests that dictated to the Burger commission and Governor Patacki.
    ECMC as a public entity has to go at all costs (to the taxpayer). The union has to be broken and screw the people in the community that the facility serves.
    That really what this is about.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Quote Originally Posted by citymouse
    Kalieda is controlled by some very powerful interests. They have two objectives. One is to eliminate competition and the other is to get their hands on whatever assets that ECMC has.
    Your crazy if you think they are going to assume any debt from this "merger". The taxpayer will eat it (you and I). Just as we always do.
    The assets that ECMC has belongs to us. The fact that the public owns anything that some rich connected people could be profiting is an abomination to the powerful interests that dictated to the Burger commission and Governor Patacki.
    ECMC as a public entity has to go at all costs (to the taxpayer). The union has to be broken and screw the people in the community that the facility serves.
    That really what this is about.
    So just close it. But the trauma/burn center needs to go to Kaleida.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150
    So just close it.
    Right, just close it. Klaieda gets all the assets, the public picks up and pays for the liabilities., a few thousand lose their jobs , and the surrounding community loses the medical facility that serves it.
    As long as the rich get richer. That's the important thing.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Right, just close it. Klaieda gets all the assets, the public picks up and pays for the liabilities., a few thousand lose their jobs , and the surrounding community loses the medical facility that serves it.
    But what happens if their is a merger?

Are the taxpayers saddled with the millions of dollars of Kalieda debt?

Shud the taxpayers foot the bill for a private enterprise?????????
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Yeah, why don't you just cut off half of my post so you can tailer a response to it?

Crying out loud. I agree with you, but don't change my words.

ECMC can't continue to exist as it is, though. We can't afford it. And the community it serves isn't too far away from the downtown medical campus.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150
    So just close it. But the trauma/burn center needs to go to Kaleida.
    Not al-qu'aida, what part of NEW ENTITY do you not understand?

Not al-qu'aida, what part of NEW ENTITY do you not understand?

What benefit does this post have? So I didn't say "new entity." It's pretty obvious what I meant.

I believe the message is getting lost here. ECMCC does not need the tax money subsidy from Erie County anymore due to the profit they are now generating. Kaleida is all hyped up over a "possible" merge because of two major factors: 1. They can finally achieve their medical campus dream and be the sole medical school affiliate. and 2. They can bail themselves out of the $100 plus million dollars they are in debt!

The employees of ECMCC, who happen to be union members, are significantly underpaid in comparison to the other hospitals in Buffalo. The Hospital and unions are working together to make agreements that often exchange current benefits for increased wages. All this so they can compete with the private sector hospitals. Go figure that one!
    Hazel
    Why is it called a prayer when people talk to God, but schizophrenia when God talks back to people?

Lightbulb It's About Leadership, Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by hazel
    I believe the message is getting lost here. ECMCC does not need the tax money subsidy from Erie County anymore due to the profit they are now generating. Kaleida is all hyped up over a "possible" merge because of two major factors: 1. They can finally achieve their medical campus dream and be the sole medical school affiliate. and 2. They can bail themselves out of the $100 plus million dollars they are in debt!
    Not you Hazel, I sincerely bellieve that the message about A NEW ENTITY is being lost here. People are says KALIEDA, KALEIDA, AL QU'AIDA!

This is NOT a takeover by Al Qu'AIDA. At least, that is what the Berger Commission said. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MERGER. Let's stop saying "trauma & burn has to go to al Qu'aida" If trauma & burn move from ECMC, they must go WHEN & IF a NEW ENITITY is created, not before. If they move before, you can forget about any more BLACK INK AT ECMC, because there will be none.

No takeover by Al Qu'AIDA.. We want new leadership at the helm of the NEW ENTITY.
    Kalaida doesn't have what it takes and they proved it at the last Health Care Task Force, anyone remember that? Kalaida and it's Million Dollar CEO's couldn't make it work, Remember John Frelander? How is Jim Kaskie working out? Not so good.

Let's take a closer look at Michael Young and what he has been quietly doing at ECMC. If no one over in the Medical Corrdor or UB is going to take a close look at him, then, I'M SHOUTING IT FROM THE KEYBOARD. MICHAEL YOUNG IS A GENIUS!

PUT HIM AT THE HELM AND WATCH HOW FAST THE
    NEW ENTITY TAKES SHAPE!

There was a letter today addressing the major hold up in today's Every body's column. It appears that ECMC administration is no against the concept of a new entity, according to Kevin E. Chichocki, Chairman of the ECMC Board of directors and member of the WNY Health Systems Board.
    It appears that they only want a binding agreement signed by the other partner in this venture, Kalieda. It would seem that, while Robert Gioa has committed publicly to the agreement he seems hesitant to see to it that the interests of both sides, the tax payer and Kalieda, are protected.
    Gioa is one of the old boys network that has always seemed to put the interests of the few (and influential) ahead of the many. He talks a good game in the Buffalo News, mouth piece for the rich and powerful interests here in WNY, But says more by what he leaves out.
    I am surprised the New's printed that letter.
    I don't blame the administration for ECMC for insisting that the terms be set in writing before any more talk of "merger" take place. They are, I am sure, primarily protecting their own interests, but they also seem to be protecting mine as well. It's our hospital. We payed for it and we support it. I don't want to see it handed over to a private, profit driven company at no cost to them. I get the impression that Kalieda will take everything they can and leave the rest, the cost, to us.
    The proof is right in front of us. Kalieda is talking the talk, but refuses to put their intentions, or what they say are their intentions in writing. That says it all. They have no intention of living up to any agreement that protects anything but their own selfish interests.
    I applaud the administration of ECMC for refusing to be bamboozled by a bunch of lying self serving con-artist, locally and in Albany. Let us, the community, set the terms this time. I don't know about you, but I am sick of getting screwed over by these rich and powerful companies like Kalieda.
    Shame on us if we allow this to happen.

Red face

Hey Buffy! There is not doubt at all that Mike Young is behind the ECMCC resurrection. I know him personally and I have to say he has WON ME OVER!!!! The employees, who have been there, some as many as 30 years, have had to do a lot of changing too! You have to give them credit for that.

Not you Hazel, I sincerely bellieve that the message about A NEW ENTITY is being lost here. People are says KALIEDA, KALEIDA, AL QU'AIDA!

This is NOT a takeover by Al Qu'AIDA. At least, that is what the Berger Commission said. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MERGER. Let's stop saying "trauma & burn has to go to al Qu'aida" If trauma & burn move from ECMC, they must go WHEN & IF a NEW ENITITY is created, not before. If they move before, you can forget about any more BLACK INK AT ECMC, because there will be none.

No takeover by Al Qu'AIDA.. We want new leadership at the helm of the NEW ENTITY.
    Kalaida doesn't have what it takes and they proved it at the last Health Care Task Force, anyone remember that? Kalaida and it's Million Dollar CEO's couldn't make it work, Remember John Frelander? How is Jim Kaskie working out? Not so good.

Let's take a closer look at Michael Young and what he has been quietly doing at ECMC. If no one over in the Medical Corrdor or UB is going to take a close look at him, then, I'M SHOUTING IT FROM THE KEYBOARD. MICHAEL YOUNG IS A GENIUS!

PUT HIM AT THE HELM AND WATCH HOW FAST THE
    NEW ENTITY TAKES SHAPE!
    Hazel
    Why is it called a prayer when people talk to God, but schizophrenia when God talks back to people?

Quote Originally Posted by hazel
    Hey Buffy! There is not doubt at all that Mike Young is behind the ECMCC resurrection. I know him personally and I have to say he has WON ME OVER!!!! The employees, who have been there, some as many as 30 years, have had to do a lot of changing too! You have to give them credit for that.
    Hazel,

I agree with you. Michael Young has been a breath of fresh air for ECMCC. He has set out specific goals and works hard to achieve them. The employees, as you point out, have made major strides in changing to not only help the community, but to help ECMCC achieve the greatness it is noted for now. Just thinking back from the E.J. Meyer Memorial Hospital days and the changes that have evolved as a result of the cooperative working relationship between management, union and of course the employees. Not to mention the vision of Mike Young. My hat goes off to everyone. Keep up the Great work.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information