Thread: Supervisor Eagan Lies

Supervisor Eagan Lies

Town Board Meeting Fb 6

Supervisor Eagan stated that there was not a purchase order request submitted for voucher #107. He stated that Highway Superintendent Telaak came into his office the day before he rented this equipment stating that we needed to buy a bucket truck. Supervisor Eagan stated that he could not justify spending thousands of dollars on a used bucket truck for one or two days a year. He asked Highway Superintendent Telaak how much it would cost to rent a bucket truck until they could determine reasons to purchase one. He then directed Highway Superintendent Telaak to look into the cost of renting and get back to him. In the meantime,

"Supervisor Eagan spoke with the Hamburg and Concord Highway Superintendents that same day."

Both offered their bucket trucks and asked to have Highway Superintendent Telaak call them. He noted that he does not know why Highway Superintendent Telaak did not call them. He stated that he feels the expense of over $500 was uncalled for and it violated the purchase policy.
    Councilman Pluta reiterated that there should have been a purchase request submitted for this purchase.

Town Board Meeting March 19

Supervisor Eagan stated that he was the person who spoke with Jim Connolly, Hamburg Highway Superintendent on January 7th. You can ask him.

Doug Cleveland stated that he did.

Supervisor Eagan stated that he spoke to Mr. Connolly and he said it wasn’t a problem that they have done this in the past. He said to have Highway Superintendent Telaak call him and he will get a truck and an operator out there.

"Highway Superintendent Telaak was correct when he said that I didn’t call the Highway Superintendent in Concord, I spoke Supervisor Eagan cont. to the Town Supervisor because I don’t know the Highway Superintendent."

He wasn’t available until later that afternoon after I spoke to Mr. Connolly. Since you have worked in the highway department a long time, you should be aware that it is a common everyday practice between municipalities, particularly in this area, to share equipment and manpower.

Doug Cleveland stated in emergencies.

Supervisor Eagan stated that it is nothing unusual. They came back a few years ago to help lay out the clay fields. There are a lot of things that are done, and there’s no charge backs. You are saying that our taxpayers are being unfairly treated because we are lending equipment and manpower to some other community. In the end it’s a wash. Everybody shares in order to keep expenses down because we can’t afford to buy every piece of equipment.

Doug Cleveland stated that before he retired none of the Highway Department equipment left without an employee being with that piece of equipment. He asked who operated the street sweeper each time it was out here.

Supervisor Eagan stated that he was not disagreeing with him. Mr. Connolly said that he would have an operator there also, to just have Highway Superintendent Telaak call him and we wouldn’t have had the $500 charge to the taxpayers you are concerned about.

Doug Cleveland stated that wasn’t what Mr. Connolly told him.

Supervisor Eagan restated that he spoke with Mr. Connolly on January 7th in the afternoon and he did say that. I gave Highway Superintendent Telaak the message from Mr. Connolly.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that he did not get that message.

Supervisor Eagan stated that Highway Superintendent Telaak didn’t take it.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that he came to Supervisor Eagan office on Monday morning and did not on Tuesday.

Supervisor Eagan stated that Highway Superintendent Telaak forgets that there was another person in his office that day. He asked Highway Superintendent Telaak how else he would know the bucket truck was rented if he wasn’t told on Tuesday.

Supervisor Eagan addressed Mr. Cleveland and stated that he would get it in writing from Jim Connolly and will send him a copy.

Mr. Cleveland stated that he wouldn’t get it and that he spoke with Mr. Connolly.

Supervisor Eagan asked Mr. Cleveland if Mr. Connolly told him that he never spoke to Supervisor Eagan about this truck and that he agreed to it.

Mr. Cleveland said yes.

Supervisor Eagan noted that Mr. Cleveland was putting into the record that Jim Connolly told him that he wasn’t going to allow us use of the truck.

Mr. Cleveland stated that Jim Connolly didn’t tell him anything.

Supervisor Eagan asked him how he could say what he is saying.

Mr. Cleveland stated because he knows Mr. Connolly.

Supervisor Eagan stated that Mr. Cleveland wasn’t part of the conversation and he is making a statement without any basic facts. First you say that Mr. Connolly told you, now you’re saying he didn’t.

"Mr. Cleveland told Supervisor Eagan that he believes Jim Connolly was in Florida that day."

LESS THAT TWO YEARS OF EAGANISM

Telaak being Bullied

Please note the expenses that we pay for Eagan to travel every year to NYC and he didnt even attend the meetings.

Town Board Meeting March 19

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that he talked to Supervisor Eagan on Monday, January 7th and told him he could rent a bucket truck from Lakeshore Hardware for $170 a day or they were interested in selling it. You said that was fine, so I called them back and they said they were going to be busy for the next two days. My parks workers were already in and the weather was good. I couldn’t see waiting two more days, and found one cheaper at $150 a day. We started at 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday. I talked to you on Monday, so that Voucher you are talking about was after they dropped it off, after my workers were working with the machine and they wanted a voucher sent. As far as the comments you made in the paper about reckless spending of tax payers’ dollars. I would like to report to the town that when I took office, the fund balance in the Highway Department was $260,000. Currently there is $545,000. I find it hard to believe that I can be a reckless spender when the fund balance has doubled in three years. The highway debt when I took office was $822,000. At the end of December, it was $430,000. The Highway Department overtime hours in 2002 were 2,596, which was before I was here. In 2006, they were 596.

Councilwoman Dobson asked what the 2007 overtime hours were.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that 2007 were 1,100. It just seems funny to me that you can criticize over the littlest things, but certain board members, especially Supervisor Eagan can go on a trip to NYC for the last 10 years at the taxpayer’s expense. I find is wasteful and reckless spending of taxpayers’ dollars.

Supervisor Eagan asked Highway Superintendent Telaak if he would like to talk about his Florida trip when he tried to charge the town for a rental car while he was on vacation after his conference.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that it should have been brought up then.

Supervisor Eagan stated that it was caught and corrected. This town has been sending people, including many past board members, to the state convention every year.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that Supervisor Eagan’s voucher was over $1,600.

Supervisor Eagan stated that it isn’t a waste of money if you come back with a benefit.

Supervisor Eagan stated that your fund balance was paid by the taxpayers. You didn’t do anything exceptional to pay that off. Part of the reason you are saving money is because the bookkeeper and myself are watching your expenses. Nobody says you are not tight with a dollar; you just refuse to follow policy.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that his vouchers are under $300.

Supervisor Eagan stated because he plays games. You should call the state of New York Comptrollers office about your $500,000 surplus and ask them what the limit is. You have a $500,000 surplus and you didn’t offer one tax reduction to the taxpayers during the last budget. I did that. Instead you wanted a 10% raise as Highway Superintendent, 16% raise as Parks Superintendent.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that he feels he is deserving of those raises. You wanted to spend $360,000 on a tub grinder and $150,000 for a salt barn. This is a waste of money and I told you I didn’t want these.

Supervisor Eagan stated that the DEC told former Highway Superintendent Kreitzbender when he was here that we needed to move that salt barn. That has been a matter of record. We found out after we applied for a grant, which you objected to, I called the DEC and they said they had no record of it. Bill Forness knows that the DEC came out and investigated that salt barn very early in the morning and told former Highway Superintendent Kreitzbender about the salt seeping out and about the piles being outside. Don’t make it sound like I wanted to spend money. We didn’t do it because the DEC said they had no record of a violation. But on the $500,000 surplus, you are operating with one less man because he retired due to illness and because of the increase in sales tax and other revenues. As far as the overtime hours, one of the reasons we had that legal problem in the Highway Department is because they were accused of selling overtime. That doesn’t happen anymore under your watch and I applaud you for that.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that he pays it off by not wastefully spending.

Supervisor Eagan stated that a $500,000 surplus is overtaxing the taxpayers. The comptroller will tell you that. You should be giving that money back to the tax payers in the form of a tax reduction.

Highway Superintendent Telaak stated that was Supervisor Eagan’s prepares the preliminary budget. I want to buy trucks and you won’t let me, how am I supposed to spend any money.

Supervisor Eagan stated to Highway Superintendent Telaak if he doesn’t need the money, he shouldn’t be charging the taxpayers. I’m glad this board approved a reduction in the Highway tax rate. We are going to do the same thing for the 2009 budget.

Parks Superintendent Telaak reminded those in attendance that if they need to use the Coming Events sign a form must be submitted for his approval. He stated that some have neglected to do that. The Policy Resolution also states that it must be removed within 24 hours of the event. He stated that a sign was up four days after the event.

Supervisor Eagan asked what sign was Highway Superintendent Telaak speaking of.

Parks Superintendent Telaak stated that it was the Patchin Fire Company Meat Raffle sign. There was no request submitted and it wasn’t taken down in a timely manner.

Councilman Pluta stated that Parks Superintendent Telaak should contact the president of the Patchin Fire Company.

Thread Information